Queen Elizabeth II | 1926-2022 | Rest in Peace

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
So they are celebrating her life by waiting all night to see a wooden box? Ive not watched any of the programmes, on purpose.

Reported
I prefer to listen to those who have waited all night to walk past a wooden box.
And the vast majority say that they have done that to pay their respects to the Queen for everything she has done for the country over the past 70 years.
One of whom was a close family member who did this unselfish act.

Penna

Kind Moderator (with a bit of a mean streak)
Staff
@Jippy, those medals are the Diamond and Platinum Jubilee medals. I know my bro-in-law has them and also the Golden Jubilee one, he's a firefighter. I assume the police have them, too.

Evidently the Queen gave them to her family members.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Leaving to one side the fact some viewers apparently think he looks like a young William, others Harry, so not the same thing, how the feck has a 14 year old got medals?

The others at least served in the army, regardless of whether they got within 1,000 miles of anything dangerous, at least giving a semblance of service. He's an actual schoolboy.

Viewers all say the same thing as Queen’s grandson, 14, honours monarch during spine-tingling vigil

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/19840164/james-viscount-severn-william-harry-diana-funeral/
Perhaps it's a medal for his schools sports day

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
@Jippy, those medals are the Diamond and Platinum Jubilee medals. I know my bro-in-law has them and also the Golden Jubilee one, he's a firefighter. I assume the police have them, too.

Ah, ok, that makes sense. Another honoured bestowed solely due to birth.
Perhaps it's a medal for his schools sports day
:lol:

TheReligion

Abusive

Yes I them. I didn’t know her family members received them though.

Some of this rabble on here need to start respecting the decorated members of the Caf.

Fingeredmouse

I prefer to listen to those who have waited all night to walk past a wooden box.
And the vast majority say that they have done that to pay their respects to the Queen for everything she has done for the country over the past 70 years.
Unselfish? How is this an altruistic act?

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
She was someone's grandmother. Show some respect!
She's literally lying in a fecking Palace right now as thousands of people risk their health to stand in line to walk past her, and her funeral will cost millions of pounds. In comparison most of our grandmothers are bunged in a hole after sitting in a morgue for a few days. But, yeah, don't say anything naughty about someone's grandmother such as "should this really be paid for by taxpayers" because that would be disrespectful...

nimic

something nice
Scout
I'm torn here. On the one hand, this is an ugly example of the elites using their privilege to avoid ordeals that ordinary people go through. On the other hand, that guy chose to bring his 10 year old daughter and his disabled mother-in-law for a 13 hour queuing.

It's a draw.

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
And fair fecks to them. The stories of the people queuing up for hours upon hours only to have the likes of Schofield and Willoby and MPs (with their 4 additional others) being allowed to jump the wait must be a right kick in the balls…

Sweet Square

So they are celebrating her life by waiting all night to see a wooden box?
Its England after all. Tbh it makes sense as a lot of English nationalism is just about being as miserable as possible. Also on a very basic level, what is there to celebrate ? She didn’t anything other sit in giant blood soaked palaces and her “job” was to view general public as literally a lower class .

So 20 hours of brain softened peasants slowly moving to their end goal of seeing a rotting corpse is a perfect send off.

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
Its England after all. Tbh it makes sense as a lot of English nationalism is just about being as miserable as possible. Also on a very basic level, what is there to celebrate ? She didn’t anything other sit in giant blood soaked palaces and her “job” was to view general public as literally a lower class .

So 20 hours of brain softened peasants slowly moving to their end goal of seeing a rotting corpse is a perfect send off.
Yeah I get the hate the Royals get, but it feels almost like we are being forced to mourn her and if you don't then its as if you are committing treason.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Yeah I get the hate the Royals get, but it feels almost like we are being forced to mourn her and if you don't then its as if you are committing treason.
Just avoid BBC, ITV and the newspapers til say Wednesday and it will be fine.

The media seems hellbent on portraying everyone as mourning, but surely it has zero impact on the majority of the population's lives in reality- it's annoying the football is postponed, disgraceful that medical appointments are being cancelled and protestors arrested, but actually 'forcing' you to mourn?
Forced is doing a lot of work in that sentence.

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
Schofield getting a well deserved roasting on twitter. Always knew he was a wrong un.

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned

The media seems hellbent on portraying everyone as mourning, but surely it has zero impact on the majority of the population's lives in reality- it's annoying the football is postponed, disgraceful that medical appointments are being cancelled and protestors arrested, but actually 'forcing' you to mourn?
Stewart Lee's special Tornado has been postponed twice as well, the bastards.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
I'm torn here. On the one hand, this is an ugly example of the elites using their privilege to avoid ordeals that ordinary people go through. On the other hand, that guy chose to bring his 10 year old daughter and his disabled mother-in-law for a 13 hour queuing.

It's a draw.
Surprised they didn’t use the other queue (the “accessible” one)

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses

We have decided to go hill walking on Monday to avoid watching the funeral, not because we are anti-Royal or any thing just don’t really fancy sitting watching a funeral all day

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Schofield getting a well deserved roasting on twitter. Always knew he was a wrong un.

This Morning have issued a statement defending their actions/denying they queue jumped…

“Hello everyone, we would like to clarify something. We asked Phillip and Holly to be part of a film for this Tuesday's programme. They did not jump the queue, have VIP access or file past the Queen lying in state but instead were there in a
professional capacity as part of the world's media to report on the event.”

Funny that Susanna Reid (who does actually present/discuss news stories rather than sit in a studio talking about misbehaving pets and how tasty the chicken tastes) managed to queue for several hours in her own time.

Always funny when people/organisations choose to double down instead of saying nothing or saying they could have done it differently.