g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Radamel Falcao image 9

Radamel Falcao Colombia flag

2014-15 Performances

View full 2014-15 profile

5.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eila

I love Falcao, he's a really classy player on the pitch and he seems like a really classy person off the pitch. He's really polite in his twitter.
I remember him crying when leaving Atletico, saying how much he loved his time there. And boy, was he loved, despite just being there two seasons. Clearly he didn't want to go to Monaco.

Barney

"We're going to smash them (Crystal Palace)"
Supports
Liverpool
Called flop in half a season, playing in front of 8k people. Well done you French cnuts.

Nice try at WUMming by the way. Posting nonsense from some Jon Le Gossip.:rolleyes:

Cracking chant that!:drool:
His tweets have been posted all summer in the twitter thread.

Jerch

Ok i started to worry how good he was in pre-season after cameback because ACL injury is pretty serious. Doesn't Vidic had that and he was never the same after that. Wiki helped on that:
2014–15 season
Falcao's full recovery was confirmed in mid July, where he would play regularly in pre-season matches for Monaco after 6 months sidelined.[114] He returned on the field at theEmirates Cup coming on as a substitute for Dimitar Berbatov in the 72nd minute as Monaco drew 2–2 against Valencia.[115] The next day he played the first hour of the match against Arsenal, and scored the only goal of the game in the 36th minute.[116]

On 10 August, in his first competitive match since his injury, Falcao came on for Lucas Ocampos after 59 minutes and scored a penalty, yet Monaco lost 2–1 at home toLorient.[117] Two weeks later, he started away to Nantes and scored the only goal of the game, heading in Layvin Kurzawa's cross before half time for the club's first points of the season.[118] Amidst rumours of a transfer, Falcao was not included in Monaco's next match against Lille, and watched from the stands next to owner Vadim Vasilyev.[119]
Not worried anymore :)

SammyUnited_83

Just out of interest, why do we let Liverpool fans post wums in here?

Do you think they rate Balotelli higher than Falcao? A couple of my pool mates are gutted we got him, they kept banging on to me they were getting him as a Suarez replacement...

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Time to see some falcao clips. I remember little of him, mostly him scoring goals with ridiculous ease for atletico and pissing on the Europa league.

Señor

Humongous twit who can't read
Now I"m just awaiting confirmation from the megastore that we've sold 14 million Falcao 9 shirts since the window closed, making his transfer essentially free.
Silly you! You're assuming the money goes to us. It doesn't! It goes straight to Madrid!

ryan_forlan

Gullible
I am not saying that we needed Falcao.
But people have to realize that we do have players like Di Maria, Mata, Rooney who can bring in dynamism and creativity. Our football is a little flat these days, but that is because of a lot of reasons, it's not that we do not have the players who are capable of playing good football. We have the players, the system has to start working.
Anyway, we don't need Falcao to do all of this for us. He is not here to be our Messi or Ronaldo, he is here to be our RvN. Possibly RvN was better with the holdup play.
The way we are playing currently underplays the abilities of our players.
A front four(of sorts) of Falcao/RvP Di-Maria Rooney and Mata is a very good one. It has all the elements of attack. With the right CMs(even decent ones) and Full Backs(who can cross and who are natural and comfortable in that position), this can be a lethal strike force personnel wise. It is up to LvG to make them work. Given time, it should be easiest job in the world to make these players play decently and score some goals. If LvG does his job well we could manage to come up with a title challenge. I just hope LvG is not over-complicating and over doing this philosophy and rebuild thing.
Kindly note that when I mentioned CMs and Full Backs, I am talking about decent ones who are natural in those positions. We have those players, at least decent ones.

RvP/Falcao Rooney Di-Maria Mata Herrera Blind/Carrick Shaw Rojo Jones Rafael DDG is a much better line up than what we had last year.
LvG has to get us to top 4 with this squad, it will be a big failure on his part if he does not.

Deleted member 78215

Just a quick look at him since his return from injury.

odinnh

can someone fill me in on his injury last season? Obviously it kept him out of the world cup so it must have been quite serious
"Falcao's full recovery was confirmed in mid July, where he would play regularly in pre-season matches for Monaco after 6 months sidelined. He returned on the field at theEmirates Cup coming on as a substitute for Dimitar Berbatov in the 72nd minute as Monaco drew 2–2 against Valencia. The next day he played the first hour of the match against Arsenal, and scored the only goal of the game in the 36th minute."

Wiki.

Trizy

We need this! Complete change to the same old English chants!

How does one go about getting a chant used in OT anyway? Share the idea in a United pub before hand or on the Away train?

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
Nothing really worked very well at Monaco, I think it's a year to scrape off to most who've been there.

He did develop a greater ability in his Atletico years. You see a lot more goals that he created for himself, and a lot more finishing from outside the box. At Porto he was more of an inside-the-box finisher, and bar Jardel the best header of the ball I've seen around here. Watch how he places them near the post every time, unsaveable:

Sublime movement all around, he anticipates plays like no one, the perfect player to complete a well functioning team:

That's us fecked then.

SonnyTheHaloPro

"Van Gaal is David Moyes +£150million"
Hopefully it is just a loan deal so if he under performs we can walk away.
lol, he hasn't underperformed at any club he's been at (River Plate, Porto, Athletico, Monaco (Injured for 6 Months) ) so I doubt he will under perform at United. He is ours for the next 4/5 years hopefully.

Trigg

aka Trippin_Stoned
I've seen criticisms of him not doing much outside of the box which is probably true. However, he has good touch and strength to hold the ball up and he's lethal in goal scoring positions which is fine with me. We've got plenty of players who are good outside the area in the buildup.

This could be special if he's recovered from his injury.

Stupid international break, the next game can't come soon enough!

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
I've seen criticisms of him not doing much outside of the box which is probably true. However, he has good touch and strength to hold the ball up and he's lethal in goal scoring positions which is fine with me. We've got plenty of players who are good outside the area in the buildup.

This could be special if he's recovered from his injury.

Stupid international break, the next game can't come soon enough!
With players like di Maria, Rooney, Mata and Januzaj I'm not sure we need him to do much for us outside the box!

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Make him our main striker and make everybody around work for opportunities for him to score. That is the right way forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.