Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

SirAF

Ageist
Yeah, I pretty much agree with that. He's got to take a step down for his own sake.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I should feel sorry for him but I don't. Crying over this situation is something I cannot understand. Just like I don't understand how supposedly a friend of his decides to air all of this in public, this is going to hurt him even more. What a cnutish move that was (if it's all true of course).

Sheldon69

As it stands it's just falcaos reps trying to blame everybody else other than the player himself so to keep alive a big money move elsewhere .
He will probably sign for juventus and be a success in Italy and he's certainly decent enough to bang a few in against the mediocre spanish teams .
The only concern is his reported 300k a week wages which will prove a stumbling block for would be suitors .
I personally think LVG gave him time to get up to a certain level of fitness before giving him his chance .
Maybe van persie as been given more preferential treatment but in my opinion falcao as been given more than enough chances and certainly can't complain .
Maybe the system hasn't suited his style but as rooney proves , with a bit of hard work and determination you can play well as a 9 in this set up.
No doubt we will hear all the sob stories when / if he leaves about how he was miss managed but every now and again players should hold there hands up and say they were not good enough .

Moriarty

Don't think one game for the reserves in a few weeks time makes much of a difference for his fitness.
Perhaps, but a goal or two for the reserves would have done his confidence a power of good. Hope he can resurrect his career but I don't think it will be at Old Trafford.

JUPITER

Yeah, I pretty much agree with that. He's got to take a step down for his own sake.
I should feel sorry for him but I don't. Crying over this situation is something I cannot understand. Just like I don't understand how supposedly a friend of his decides to air all of this in public, this is going to hurt him even more. What a cnutish move that was (if it's all true of course).
As it stands it's just falcaos reps trying to blame everybody else other than the player himself so to keep alive a big money move elsewhere .
He will probably sign for juventus and be a success in Italy and he's certainly decent enough to bang a few in against the mediocre spanish teams .

I personally think LVG gave him time to get up to a certain level of fitness before giving him his chance .
Maybe van persie as been given more preferential treatment but in my opinion falcao as been given more than enough chances and certainly can't complain.
Perhaps, but a goal or two for the reserves would have done his confidence a power of good. Hope he can resurrect his career but I don't think it will be at Old Trafford.
Agree with all these posts.

But I'm increasingly unsure sure about the 'good enough for Spain or Italy' stance (I myself have suggested a move to Italy is what's best for him since about November...).

After watching him in the reserves and also against league 1 defenders I think maybe the MLS or China might be a better shout for Falcao and his agent.

One things for sure - Van Gaal has given him more than enough opportunity here. He should be grateful.

You could argue (and I would) that the patience shown to Falcao and RvP has actively meant sacrificing about 6 points this season.

MelvinYeo

I'm only here for the post count
What I don't get is that he looked a lot more dangerous when he first came back against Leicester, QPR. He seems to have gotten progressively worse with match practice.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
What I don't get is that he looked a lot more dangerous when he first came back against Leicester, QPR. He seems to have gotten progressively worse with match practice.
This hit me the other day. I think that mystery injury he had was more serious than first thought and from then on its been a confidence issue.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Thought he did ok as well, although he clearly lacks the Rooney's physicality and pressing ability.

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
I thought he did fine in that tense last 10 minutes, was strong enough on the ball when it came to him, showed composure and pressed well.
Good thing we're paying 300k/week for that.

I honestly dont see what he brings to our side now. To me Wilson is a better player to bring off the bench as he can at least inject pace and cause trouble for a tiring defence.

These "crying" stories piss me right off. His agent is being an asshole and it's obviously got Falcao's blessing. It's one thing to be useless on the pitch but if he's being a detriment to team harmony, banish him to train on his own at Carrington until May.

Devil may care

I honestly dont see what he brings to our side now. To me Wilson is a better player to bring off the bench as he can at least inject pace and cause trouble for a tiring defence.

These "crying" stories piss me right off. His agent is being an asshole and it's obviously got Falcao's blessing. It's one thing to be useless on the pitch but if he's being a detriment to team harmony, banish him to train on his own at Carrington until May.
I'm not sure why this is aimed at me, my comments were purely about his ten minutes today, I comment in all our players threads after a game.

Rykker_4united

Supports
Keep Rodgers at Pool.
Looks to have a good relationship with LVG there. He has a really great attitude and work ethic, but sadly we all expected much more than that.

togg

Falcao...love the guy as a person, I think he's on of those footballers whose genuinely pleasant - but...nah..he's off at the end of the season. However..I would just love him to score the goal that secured our fourth place, not sure why...just would be cool.

SalfordRed1960

Falcao...love the guy as a person, I think he's on of those footballers whose genuinely pleasant - but...nah..he's off at the end of the season. However..I would just love him to score the goal that secured our fourth place, not sure why...just would be cool.
I would love to see him come on when we are playing the ball forward. Comes on in the last 2 matches when United are just running the game out. Still believe he can do something for us.

Contrast Rooney's performance today, versus the last 3 games when up front. He was very poor today, but doesn't get the same slagging off as Falcao.

Moriarty

I would love to see him come on when we are playing the ball forward. Comes on in the last 2 matches when United are just running the game out. Still believe he can do something for us.

Contrast Rooney's performance today, versus the last 3 games when up front. He was very poor today, but doesn't get the same slagging off as Falcao.
There's a few twists and turns left in this season and Falcao coming good might be one of them. I take all these "crying" stories with a grain of salt. His attitude overall seems to be positive. All he needs is a goal or two and all will be well.

saivet

There's a few twists and turns left in this season and Falcao coming good might be one of them. I take all these "crying" stories with a grain of salt. His attitude overall seems to be positive. All he needs is a goal or two and all will be well.
How long have people been saying this?

Roboc7

I have a slight feeling we might sign him. His body language doesn't suggest that he's off.
I don't see any reason why club would keep him, also don't know why he would even want to stay as he is only ever going to be backup to Rooney so surely he would be better off elsewhere.

JoaquinJoaquin

For what it's worth I don't think we will ever see the true Falcao again but suggesting Wilson play in a game of this magnitude would be ridiculous IMO. Wilson is quick but has hardly set the world on fire with his chances this season, and he has had plenty of them. At least Falcao has experiences of playing in big games.

Roboc7

Rooney was poor today but he has also had some good games recently and we look a much better team with him leading the line, falcao gets criticism because he has played poorly game after game.

There is also a reason why we play more forward passes without falcao on the pitc, he constantly loses the ball, has no pace and just runs round like a headless chicken most of they time. Rooney is leading the line much better and bringing in falcao will only make us worse team.

Cameo appearances off the bench and maybe a goal or two is about all he will bring in the remaining eight games.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
We may still sign him but under very different conditions.

Smaller salary with bonuses if he'll somehow return to being THE motherfeckin El Tigre and way smaller fee for Monaco for selling us heavily damaged player after his unfortunate injury.

SalfordRed1960

Rooney was poor today but he has also had some good games recently and we look a much better team with him leading the line, falcao gets criticism because he has played poorly game after game.

There is also a reason why we play more forward passes without falcao on the pitc, he constantly loses the ball, has no pace and just runs round like a headless chicken most of they time. Rooney is leading the line much better and bringing in falcao will only make us worse team.

Cameo appearances off the bench and maybe a goal or two is about all he will bring in the remaining eight games.
Have to disagree with you there. The reason is not him, it was because Rooney is in midfield and does not pass forward very often, he goes sideways. The difference in playing Carrick, Mata, Herrera and Young/Di Maria in midfield is very evident. Not taking anything away from Rooney's recent upfront efforts, but the midfield are looking for him as well.

Falcao has not exactly had loads of game time, and when he played from the start we had the likes of Rooney and Fellani in midfield. I would be interested to see how he performs with these others in midfield.

jem

It was his ex-agent, no? And I wouldn't be so sure it had Falcao's blessing.

Roboc7

Have to disagree with you there. The reason is not him, it was because Rooney is in midfield and does not pass forward very often, he goes sideways. The difference in playing Carrick, Mata, Herrera and Young/Di Maria in midfield is very evident. Not taking anything away from Rooney's recent upfront efforts, but the midfield are looking for him as well.

Falcao has not exactly had loads of game time, and when he played from the start we had the likes of Rooney and Fellani in midfield. I would be interested to see how he performs with these others in midfield.
When a forward makes no runs, has no pace and constantly loses the ball it also means midfielders play sideways, I have zero interest in seeing falcao start another game for the club, he has plenty of time and done nothing.

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
For what it's worth I don't think we will ever see the true Falcao again but suggesting Wilson play in a game of this magnitude would be ridiculous IMO. Wilson is quick but has hardly set the world on fire with his chances this season, and he has had plenty of them. At least Falcao has experiences of playing in big games.
To be clear though, I meant I'd rather have Wilson come on as a sub in the same circumstances that Falcao did today.

John Blund

I had a mancrush on Falcao before we signed him for loan. I was over the top when we made that loan deal, and I've waited for him to blossom all season. At the start of the season, he was new in the league, just back from injury. We won some games, but played awful football. I said to my self - once we play like a team, he will be big for us. Now our team looks well composed, and when Falcao enters the field, he looks like an untuned part in our machinery. He doesn't make the decisions with the ball, he doesn't make the right runs without the ball, and his first touch is worse than Fellanis nightmare-touches last season. He's not worth the wage we're allegedly is paying him, and he's absolutely not worth the transfer fee Monaco allegedly slammed on his beautiful long, black hair.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Anyone see the clip of the players on the bench celebrating Mata's goal? Falcao looked genuinely thrilled. Stuff like that makes me warm to him, even though I know it's in everyone's interest that he leaves in the summer. Such a pity. I reckon he could have been a massive fan favourite if he'd been able to get back anywhere near his best.

Sam

He's just terrible. He genuinely can't control a football anymore.

He does try hard though, doesn't shirk responsibility. Which is good to see.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
His ball control is awful but I'll praise him for the way he put himself about yesterday. As you can see in the pictures after the game, he seems to have a good relationship with van Gaal and clearly cares about the club even though he's just on loan. Falcao will understand why he's on the bench he'll know better than anyone that he's not playing well and doesn't deserve to start at the moment.

It's good to have him as back up but I wouldn't start him anytime soon and definitely wouldn't sign him on a permanent.

Successful

Owes the Caf £25 (With interests)
My only expectation when he came on was to see us hold on to that 2-1 lead until the final whistle. This guy actually cause as much damage to his team as any other opponent - and sometimes even more when he gives the ball away in stupid situations.

Good luck to his agent finding a new home for this parody of a man. Has Milan written all over him - or maybe he's gone past that level as well?

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
There was one time that Rooney got the ball up front by himself, in line with Liverpool's CBs. But he had to look around for a pass just because he couldn't, at least, keep in pace with their CB's, more so to out run them.

It is sad that I think Falcao wouldn't be any different than Rooney in such a similar situation. At least Rooney has more to his game to compensate his lack of pace.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
My only expectation when he came on was to see us hold on to that 2-1 lead until the final whistle. This guy actually cause as much damage to his team as any other opponent - and sometimes even more when he gives the ball away in stupid situations.

Good luck to his agent finding a new home for this parody of a man. Has Milan written all over him - or maybe he's gone past that level as well?
When did he give the ball away in a stupid situation yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.