5.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

POF

Should get an assist for the 3rd goal. Slipping and falling on his arse completely confused the defence.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
What has he done for us this season to indicate he's a quality player?
He's been poor this year, but then none of our strikers have been brilliant this year. We know he's a top player and coming off a 2 goal international performance, Van Gaal probably wanted to continue building his confidence with a goal for club as well.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
dont understand why are we still giving him play time? put him in U21 for the rest of the season if we cant terminate the loan.....

Kostur

海尔的老板
He's been poor this year, but then none of our strikers have been brilliant this year. We know he's a top player and coming off a 2 goal international performance, Van Gaal probably wanted to continue building his confidence with a goal for club as well.
He was a class player who then got a very dangerous injury many fail to recover from. It's that simple really.

Devil may care

For a guy who is supposed to be crying himself to sleep he looked pretty happy today when he came on even if he only touched the ball 3 times.

Sylar

Getting him on loan was the right thing to do. Unfortunately its not working out too well for him, but strangely I think next team he goes to will benefit from us helping him get back to fitness.

I think a good preseason for him, no international tournament (Right?) and I bet the next team will be able to cross the ball lol

Raoul

Admin
Staff
He was a class player who then got a very dangerous injury many fail to recover from. It's that simple really.
Actually it isn't since Van Gaal decided to play him after he did well during the break week. That's what's simple.

Moriarty

Getting him on loan was the right thing to do. Unfortunately its not working out too well for him, but strangely I think next team he goes to will benefit from us helping him get back to fitness.

I think a good preseason for him, no international tournament (Right?) and I bet the next team will be able to cross the ball lol
Any reason why that team shouldn't be us for the 2015/16 season? I know a lot of people on here don't want us to sign him of a permanent basis but if we can get him at a knock-down price, and bring in some young talent (Dybala?) then I'd keep him.

marlowe78

When we weren't getting joy in front of the goal, I actually posted that we should bring him on. But I was hoping he could stay on his feet and at least kick the ball.

Sylar

Any reason why that team shouldn't be us for the 2015/16 season? I know a lot of people on here don't want us to sign him of a permanent basis but if we can get him at a knock-down price, and bring in some young talent (Dybala?) then I'd keep him.
Price and wages seems the most obvious reason. He hasnt suited us so far unfortunately for him. Looks like we will go one up top and that man will be Rooney. Plus if we can get somebody younger for same price / less wages think we will go for that.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Because he's quite clearly done at anything reaching a remotely competitive level.

It would have to be less than £10m and even then I'd struggle to justify it, he's shite.

Moriarty

Price and wages seems the most obvious reason. He hasnt suited us so far unfortunately for him. Looks like we will go one up top and that man will be Rooney. Plus if we can get somebody younger for same price / less wages think we will go for that.
Surely we can negotiate for a more favourable price and wages package. If the player wants to stay, that's half the battle.

Danny1982

Sectarian Hipster
I really feel sorry for him. Looks like his confidence is shattered right now.

His best contribution today was when he decided not to touch the ball. :(

Moriarty

Because he's quite clearly done at anything reaching a remotely competitive level.

It would have to be less than £10m and even then I'd struggle to justify it, he's shite.
A fully fit Falcao would be an asset, but I can see why people are averse to us taking a punt for a permanent deal. Absent an injury to Rooney, Van Gaal won't start him before season's end either. Maybe it's curtains for his United career but I'd still like to see him, fully fit, being given a run of games.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
A fully fit Falcao would be an asset, but I can see why people are averse to us taking a punt for a permanent deal. Absent an injury to Rooney, Van Gaal won't start him before season's end either. Maybe it's curtains for his United career but I'd still like to see him, fully fit, being given a run of games.
He is fully fit.

Or at least as fully fit as he's going to be from now on. This is it, the knee injury has ruined him, lost him any agility, spring or pace that he had and it's ruined his head. Exactly like Torres.

Sylar

If we cant sign a striker next season (and lose Hernandez) taking him on loan again might not be the worst thing, but still, id prefer seeing us give Wilson some chances as a sub.

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
Agree, especially during a period when the side are creating chances, as we are doing now. The problem is the timing of the situation and the need for Europe means nobody can, or is willing, to take the risk. I think we'll get a big knocked down price on him and keep him and unless I've forgotten most of the journalists at the time of his loan signing said it was essentially permanent anyway, so I don't see how that will have changed. There was some tax reason with Monaco why it was called a 'loan.'

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I really feel sorry for him. Looks like his confidence is shattered right now.

His best contribution today was when he decided not to touch the ball. :(
So his confidence was rebuilt after scoring 3 for Columbia against pub opposition, but now it's crushed again?. No sorry he just isn't good enough anymore.

That left footed air shot was ridiculous and he kept slipping everywhere, I don't get how his balance is so bad.

Dr. Funkenstein

Not CAF Geert Wilders
He is fully fit.

Or at least as fully fit as he's going to be from now on. This is it, the knee injury has ruined him, lost him any agility, spring or pace that he had and it's ruined his head.
And it hasn't been a real world class player to begin with.

marlowe78

I see nothing in his performances to keep him beyond the last whistle this season. We would be playing a spin of roulette with £20M (or whatever) on the line when there is not one sign that he'll become the player he was. And also when we're in need of signing quality midfielders and defenders.

Falcao came in at the last minute and has made almost no contribution to this team. Wilson is our player and he offers a lot of speed that can be used for catching teams on the break. van Persie will also be back at some point and I would easily play him over Falcao.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
I hope he wasn't aiming for the goal with that volley because otherwise...
I laughed harder than I should have at that. It was a hilarious moment. :lol:

What the feck was he even trying to do? Had enough to get the ball under control. And then the slip happened. :lol:

Got a feel for the guy. Needs another club, just won't happen for him here.

JackXX

It's frustrating because we all know what he was capable of doing a few years ago. In hindsight after a severe injury it maybe wasn't the smartest move to play in the most physically demanding league he's likely to have played in. He needs to get his confidence back and I'm sure he can still be a really good player for someone. From our point of view in all honesty I'd rather see Januzaj coming on and getting some game time. Hopefully he can bang a few in for us in the remaining games I'd like to see him end his time on a high.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
What's the point of him coming on as a sub? I just don't see the logic in it (not that he was bad today).

We're not going to sign him and it makes more sense to give those valuable minutes to one of our younger players.

Eugenius

We'd have to be mental to buy him now. Even if he was his old self I wouldn't pay £40m for him. He's 29 and has had two very bad knee injuries. It makes no sense.

Ixion

That volley would have been a ridiculous shot to even get near the target, spooning that isn't indicative of anything.

RetroStu

We'd have to be mental to buy him now. Even if he was his old self I wouldn't pay £40m for him. He's 29 and has had two very bad knee injuries. It makes no sense.
Not that we are going to buy him but it wouldn't be £40mil anymore, it would probably be about £25mil or even less but with stipulations in case he came good again. Falcao would probably have to take a pretty big wage cut as well.

Its all academic anyway as its not happening.

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
Anyone else confused why the crowd keeping singing that chant?

Herrera and Mata deserve something by way of a song.

Status
Not open for further replies.