Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
it really says something when his best contribution is when he doesn't actually touch the ball. Doesn't he feel guilty at all for pocketing 250k a week or whatever it is For doing sweet F-all.

The most annoying thing is we've got Wilson not even getting a sniff of gametime. We are completely wasting those minutes on falcao a player that's not even going to be here and has no future at United. These 15 mins would be better suited to help Wilsons development.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I laughed harder than I should have at that. It was a hilarious moment. :lol:

What the feck was he even trying to do? Had enough to get the ball under control. And then the slip happened. :lol:

Got a feel for the guy. Needs another club, just won't happen for him here.
Score I think which is crazy when you think how low his confidence is and what he attempted.

Raw

Anyone else confused why the crowd keeping singing that chant?

Herrera and Mata deserve something by way of a song.
I think it's just a case of the fans feeling sorry for how much he's declined and just want to give him support. Did the same for Di Maria too.

Also it's really fecking catchy.

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
What happens when rvp comes back? I assume we keep this shape for as long as it works... So would we have both rvp and falcao on the bench? Seems unnecessary.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
What happens when rvp comes back? I assume we keep this shape for as long as it works... So would we have both rvp and falcao on the bench? Seems unnecessary.
RVP on the bench, Falcao left out is the logical option. For some reason, I can see that not happening though.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
I'll have to see it again but that volley didn't look like a shot to me. It looked like he was trying to work it back into the danger area. Obviously he was way off either way, but you lot are being a bit OTT in my opinion focussing on a mishit volley/pass.

ZDwyr

I laughed at his volley. It's just sad now. There is no point bringing him on in games.

Boycott

Why does he get such a love in by still a fair amount of fans? He was a great striker at his past clubs. He's barely shown any resemblance to a competent striker for the most part here. Started off well enough but has got worse and worse. These two chaps seem to carry an agenda too as the less fashionable names who have performed well are being called to be dropped.

ManUSarge

I want him to do well. I would like for him to be able to leave United with a few more goals and with his head high. I really feel for him. You can tell he really wants it but nothing is coming off for him. I hate that we couldn't have gotten him before his injury.

Brophs

The One and Only
To be brutal about it, we're not going to sign him, so we shouldn't be wasting our time playing him, unless we're really stuck for strikers. It just didn't work out. It happens. Provided LVG has the stomach to be ruthless with players like him - and history would suggest he does - then we just cut him loose, no muss, no fuss. And by the time the season starts I'll have forgotten I ever had to endure watching the useless sack of shit.*

*Shut up

Sam

He's barely even a footballer thesedays. Can barely run, or strike a ball cleanly. And he falls over all the time.

I do feel sorry for him, because it must be horrible, but injuries have destroyed him.

predator

Youth NITK
I still have faith that he will revive 'El Tigre' and score vital goals against City, Chelsea and the other remaining teams we face.

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
I still have faith that he will revive 'El Tigre' and score vital goals against City, Chelsea and the other remaining teams we face.
Same but I have had that feeling every week for the last 6 months.

El Zoido

I laughed at his volley. It's just sad now. There is no point bringing him on in games.
It was a hard volley, you see players cock that sort of shot up a lot. If it wasn't Falcao it wouldn't even be mentioned. Rooney made a complete hash of an overhead kick in the first half. If that had been Falcao people would have been saying how sad it was.

He's barely had any minutes recently, just making weak sub appearances where he's not presented with any chances. His international performances show he still knows how to find the net if you set him up properly. This team still struggles with creating chances for the strikers, even Rooney's goal today was a poor assist salvaged by a moment of brilliance, and the other two goals came from midfield. Falcao is still a top striker and he'll demonstrate that in a better team than ours. The problem is us not him.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
feck injuries, man. Hell of a player in his prime, but Ronaldo, Torres, Van Nistelrooy and now Falcao? That's 4 of the worlds best significantly hampered, or even ruined in the case of two of those, by injuries.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Is the injury that bad that he genuinely can't move or lift his legs properly anymore?

That's what it looks like and explains his movements, his falling over and the continuous mishits of the ball. He's got the legs and balance of a newly born calf.

Sam

It was a hard volley, you see players cock that sort of shot up a lot. If it wasn't Falcao it wouldn't even be mentioned. Rooney made a complete hash of an overhead kick in the first half. If that had been Falcao people would have been saying how sad it was.

He's barely had any minutes recently, just making weak sub appearances where he's not presented with any chances. His international performances show he still knows how to find the net if you set him up properly. This team still struggles with creating chances for the strikers, even Rooney's goal today was a poor assist salvaged by a moment of brilliance, and the other two goals came from midfield. Falcao is still a top striker and he'll demonstrate that in a better team than ours. The problem is us not him.
:lol::lol:

El Zoido

Fair enough I'll concede it's abit of both. You can't claim we're laying chances on a plate for anyone though. I'll enjoy the bemusement of our fans as he bangs them in every week for his next club and our lot ask why he wasn't doing it for us.

surf

Fair enough I'll concede it's abit of both. You can't claim we're laying chances on a plate for anyone though. I'll enjoy the bemusement of our fans as he bangs them in every week for his next club and our lot ask why he wasn't doing it for us.
Because we don't play much against Bahrain or Kuwait?

SalfordRed1960

Snap.

Don't get the constant negativity towards the guy. He comes on when the game is being played out and people give him shit for not scoring. His control is no worse than Rooney, who let's be honest has been rubbish last two games, lots of effort but no quality (except for the goal, today). Fellani today, absolute bollocks in comparison to last 4 or 5 games. See the same crap spouted about Rojo, and just don't see where people get their ideas from.

ZDwyr

I know. He shouldn't have even tried to volley it. He was never going to score from that angle, he should have just brought the ball down.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
... his falling over and the continuous mishits of the ball. He's got the legs and balance of a newly born calf.
:D
This made me laugh hard. my stomach is still hurting.

I have an image of a calf coming out of a cow and stumbling around trying to get its balance.
Except this calf is a human with black, long hair and a red shirt.

And then he attempts this:

[/QUOTE]

sunama

Baghdad Bob
He comes on when the game is being played out and people give him shit for not scoring.
Sure. But how do you explain the games where he actually started the match and gave poor performances? And when he (along with RVP) appeared to be hiding behind opposition defenders?

His control is no worse than Rooney,
You sure about that?
Can Falcao do this:

SalfordRed1960

Sure. But how do you explain the games where he actually started the match and gave poor performances? And when he (along with RVP) appeared to be hiding behind opposition defenders?
Said it before, when Rooney and Fellani played in midfield the front two did not get any service. Quite sure a fit Falcao and RVP would do well with the service this current midfield is providing.

You sure about that?
Can Falcao do this:

Absolutely brilliant goal, but you didn't show Rooney's bicycle kick, which Falcao can do;)

Mani

This guy doesn't have enough confidence and I still have some doubt with his injury,he's not fit enough to play high level of football.

Roboc7

The standard or defending and goalkeeping in those internationals was very poor so I don't think that proved anything to be honest, clearly at times it has been tough playing up front for us but it's like that for pretty much every side in the league at times. Clearly though the big issue with falcao is the injury has affected his game and he hasn't been able to cope with the pace and physicality of the league, his first touch lets him down too often His confidence has plummeted.

The issue is falcao and there is absolutely no doubt about that, I am sure there is a better player in there somewhere but it's also clear he is no longer the player he once was and it's a massive gamble for whoever signs him next because he could be another Torres or shevchenko.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Regardless of the money he's on, I have sympathy for him in the sense that he's being asked to fight for a lost cause by proving himself with cameos in matches that are effectively over. If LVG keeps using him this way, it's not going to get better for either party and I agree with those who say it's Wilson who should be getting what small amount of time Falcao is being given for the rest of the season.

clarkydaz

Regardless of the money he's on, I have sympathy for him in the sense that he's being asked to fight for a lost cause by proving himself with cameos in matches that are effectively over. If LVG keeps using him this way, it's not going to get better for either party and I agree with those who say it's Wilson who should be getting what small amount of time Falcao is being given for the rest of the season.
there's kind of an obligation to keep him in the picture isn't there, with his status/wages and just seeing the season out respectfully as possible?. Monaco will get a serious reduction of transfer fee for his next move after being with us

Ixion

Anyone else confused why the crowd keeping singing that chant?

Herrera and Mata deserve something by way of a song.
Mata does have a song that was chanted plenty of times yesterday. He got a huge reception each time he took a corner as well.

I'm not surprised the fans are still on Falcao's side, he seems a nice guy and gives everything and to be honest in the short term fans don't want much more than that. Show you care and give 100% and fans will be on your side for a while. Forlan went nearly 30 games without a goal and the fans were always on his side.

He didn't even do much wrong yesterday (or when he came on against Liverpool) but I see so many comments that he was embarrasing, it doesn't make sense. That volley was incredibly difficult and it wouldn't have been mentioned if it was anyone else. Other than that I can't remember him misplacing a pass or doing anything that terrible. It is like Fellaini last season, the second he does something not right its highlighted.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I felt sorry for him for Anders second. He was wide open. I could hear him thinking:

"Yes! To me! Please, to me! Pass it! I'm open! I'm in the clear! Quick look I'm through pass to me for God sake man. Come on, oh for god sake I'm not in any more you're too late. Oh you've passed it to Ander, great. Oh that's a great finish, no that's fair enough actually I can't really complain about that. Good goal. feck my life."

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
I felt sorry for him for Anders second. He was wide open. I could hear him thinking:

"Yes! To me! Please, to me! Pass it! I'm open! I'm in the clear! Quick look I'm through pass to me for God sake man. Come on, oh for god sake I'm not in any more you're too late. Oh you've passed it to Ander, great. Oh that's a great finish, no that's fair enough actually I can't really complain about that. Good goal. feck my life."
:lol:

Litch

I agree. Forums seasonally need a dog to kick. You'd have though people would have learnt from the Felliani and Young last season.
I expect him to be here next season for an undisclosed fee.....

clarkydaz

one brownie point I will give him is he genuinely seems delighted when someone else scores, even though he is having a mare of a time here. if you watch a lot of our goals this year RVP aint that bothered if it isn't him

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
I agree. Forums seasonally need a dog to kick. You'd have though people would have learnt from the Felliani and Young last season.
I expect him to be here next season for an undisclosed fee.....
I, too, can't help but think that we're going to make it permanent. He's been off the boil since he got injured back in October/November, where he wasn't as bad, yet we've continued to give him game time, which makes me think that we're thinking about getting him for a significantly reduced price.

Status
Not open for further replies.