Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
In this system we only need the one striker and Rooney is our best, maybe he would play better in this system but there are not enough games left to give him that chance and rightly so we are playing well and it shouldn't be changed. He will be gone and i hope he does well wherever he goes as long as it's not in the PL, was a hell of a striker when he was at his best.

Kag

The point I'm making is look back at the posts about Young and Felliani, things can change and I question without those two players form, we wouldn't be in the position we're in. Im not bothered whether we keep him or we don't, just some fans have little to no patience anymore, and the crystal for another forward, well who's to say they won't hit the ground running either? It's like we've learnt nothing from the Young, Felliani and even Mata experience, and those players weren't cheap either.
I take your point. I think the difference is that we already own the likes of Young and Fellaini. Falcao we don't own, and I wouldn't like to buy him in the hope he recaptures form like others have.

I hope he does make a comeback somewhere else, though, as he was brilliant at his best and comes across as a proper professional.

Darwin09

Theory of Thread Pollution
I'm still not convinced that a decision has been made not to sign him. He's still getting minutes despite there being no specific tactical need. Similar to di Maria, it seems to me he is being brought on at the end of matches 1) to get back into form and 2) to analyze other potential lineups. If he's been completely discarded then what's the point?

JUPITER

I'm still not convinced that a decision has been made not to sign him. He's still getting minutes despite there being no specific tactical need. Similar to di Maria, it seems to me he is being brought on at the end of matches 1) to get back into form and 2) to analyze other potential lineups. If he's been completely discarded then what's the point?
Sweet Lord you better be wrong.

Woodward (and the club in general) will look like complete mugs if he gets signed...

1. He's been utterly woeful and has done nothing to deserve a Manchester United striker's contract.
2. It'll be obvious that the deal was already agreed, thus was somewhat dodgy and all future loans will be viewed in a similar way by fans and press.

Dr. Funkenstein

Not CAF Geert Wilders
The manager doesn't care much for reputations, a player has to work his ass of in training and try very hard to understand all the lessons and instructions to have a chance to play the match or a part of it . That works both ways, LvG would lose a lot of his credibility towards the whole squad when he than suddenly would make 'political' decisions.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
I doubt LVG will be foolish enough to sign Falcao.
LVG has already stated that he is looking for a 20 goal/season striker. Falcao has scored 4 goals this season (which is extremely low for a striker), so it will take a huge leap of faith to believe that Falcao will score 20 goals next season.
And dont forget that Falcao had a disasterous game when he was played in the U21 game, where the U21 manager took him off for being crap. That manager would've given LVG a detailed report of just how bad Falcao is.
When you consider that LVG's job could be on the line if he signs a lemon - I doubt he will risk it.

So, why is LVG giving Falcao cameo roles? Just in case Rooney, RVP AND Wilson are all injured, they need a striker to immediately take Rooney's place. My understanding is that RVP and Wilson are injured, meaning we are just 1 bad tackle (on Rooney) away, from being forced to play Falcao as our lone striker.

...and with regards to the theory of "a deal was done in principle last Summer" - I doubt this is the case, but even if it were the case Man Utd will probably pay an undisclosed compensation fee to Monaco and tell them to keep the player and cancel the agreement. Whatever happens, unless hell freezes over, Falcao wont be a in a UTD shirt next year.

Litch

I take your point. I think the difference is that we already own the likes of Young and Fellaini. Falcao we don't own, and I wouldn't like to buy him in the hope he recaptures form like others have.

I hope he does make a comeback somewhere else, though, as he was brilliant at his best and comes across as a proper professional.
I see your point but like others, could have been loaned out. In fact I think it's only felliani's injury that saved him. Tbh, it's going to be tough whether who ever comes in. Whats interesting is bar Blind, the success of the season is nothing to do with the £150m we spent this year. In fact the irony is it's as much to do with the players we signed the year before it. Even though they were familiar to the league, I think it takes a season to grow into the red shirt. This will be the same for even the players we buy this season who thought they played for a big club before they came here......

Darwin09

Theory of Thread Pollution
The manager doesn't care much for reputations, a player has to work his ass of in training and try very hard to understand all the lessons and instructions to have a chance to play the match or a part of it . That works both ways, LvG would lose a lot of his credibility towards the whole squad when he than suddenly would make 'political' decisions.
Sounds like you are in agreement. So basically Falcao is earning his minutes and not benefiting from any favoritism or pressure from the club hierarchy.

Dr. Funkenstein

Not CAF Geert Wilders
Sounds like you are in agreement. So basically Falcao is earning his minutes and not benefiting from any favoritism or pressure from the club hierarchy.
Maybe the pressure is there, but Van Gaal won't be pressurized. He had a comparable situation at Bayern, the club had decided that Germany's best goalkeeper Neuer had to play for Bayern, understandably, so they went out to buy him. That was not up to Van Gaal, but he in the meantime he played Kraft instead of Butt, because Van Gaal felt he had shown enough to deserve his place in the team. The board was afraid that Kraft would do well, and would gain more cult status among the fans, beeing from Bayern's own youth academy. Understandably they just wanted the old Butt naturally and necessarily replaced with Neuer.

But that's not Van Gaal's logic, philosophy even: You do well, he gives you a chance when he can, period. That's his message to all the players and youth players from the start, so for Van Gaal it's a matter of keeping his promise. Not just to an individual player, but to all the players. He will judge them on how they work and what they show.

Shark

@NotShark
Does anybody else get the feeling that he could go to the Championship and still struggle? he's been that bad.

JUPITER

Does anybody else get the feeling that he could go to the Championship and still struggle? he's been that bad.
I do. It seems many others are being swayed by 10 minutes where he didn't fall over or hit any air shots.

Didn't we see him getting casually bullied by League 1 defenders just a few months back? And by under 21 defenders just weeks ago?

Empire

With the lack of Carrick and Blind I can see Rooney being played as a CDM.

RVP has no match rhythm, Falcao has been getting minutes and Louis van Gaal even said he gave minutes to Rojo, Angel di Maria and Falcao because they worked hard in training all week.

Falcao I think might get a chance to win some fans over.

Empire

I'm calling it. A Stamford bridge hat-trick of poor misses
As long as he gets one he can miss 6.

To do a poor miss he has to get himself in the right position so that's a good sign, he just needs to bury one of them!

Adebesi

This is really his moment. If he can do the business in this game he could really end this season on a high. Not sure whether it would make any difference in terms of whether he stays with us, but it would make a big difference as far as other clubs thinking about making an offer for him are concerned.

Brophs

The One and Only
Right as he walks onto the pitch, feeling 10 feet tall, that this is his moment to shine, Giggsy sidles up, puts his arm around his shoulder, leans in and whispers softly "Don't feck this up, you useless sack of shit".

United22

With the lack of Carrick and Blind I can see Rooney being played as a CDM.

RVP has no match rhythm, Falcao has been getting minutes and Louis van Gaal even said he gave minutes to Rojo, Angel di Maria and Falcao because they worked hard in training all week.

Falcao I think might get a chance to win some fans over.

It's really sad watching this, its surreal to think that this guy was one of the most feared strikers in Europe who terrorized defences not too long ago. Now his confidence is so low that he looks out of his depth even against shittier lower league opponents...

It would be a sight to behold if we played a 4-3-3 with that Falcao in the video

Brophs

The One and Only
With auld Giggsy it's more likely to be along the lines of "I've been shagging Lorelei since Christmas, Radamel"
Given that we've now seen the sort of package Falcao is smuggling, Giggsy would be doing well to tempt her away.

JoaquinJoaquin

It's really sad watching this, its surreal to think that this guy was one of the most feared strikers in Europe who terrorized defences not too long ago. Now his confidence is so low that he looks out of his depth even against shittier lower league opponents...

It would be a sight to behold if we played a 4-3-3 with that Falcao in the video
That's the disappointing thing, He actually just doesn't have the confidence to take them shots on anymore. Even if you cast your mind back to the ill fated Leicester game, that chance he had where he made something out of nothing, That was what made him so good originally and now he just won't try anything like that.

Trizy

Oh please god do something for all the money we're paying you..

shabz

Falcao's chance to contribute to the season and prove a lot of doubters wrong tomorrow, if Rooney drops into CM. Would like to see him get a chance to start the game.

Dr. Funkenstein

Not CAF Geert Wilders
La Liga doesn't count then I take it?
Count for what? Not every player who has a couple of good seasons there is a world class player. It's not like Atletico couldn't do without him. I think he was a pretty good striker, but still had to prove himself at the highest level. Finally he got a chance, a chance he maybe should have had at a younger age, and didn't take it.

Status
Not open for further replies.