Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He said it in press conference in January that Dortmund is still a selling club.

It is hilarious, but it's also not impossible to sign your player either because your player wants to leave or because your club wants to cash in. And I already said it already, that we don't know if we made an offer or asked about him. We probably never had any talk about him this summer.
I doubt klopp ever said that. Anyways, it's not impossible but we'd have to pay aroud what we paid for di maria to bring in hummels. And that's just to get Dortmund to say yes. After that it'd be up to Hummels, and I doubt he'd want to leave dortmund for United at this point.

Also, dortmund don't really sell their best players. Whenever they leave its not through their choice. They rejected like 35m for lewandowski last year because they would rather make him leave on a free then cash in. Gotze had a release clause. Reus has a release clause which will let him leave. Sahin had a release clause. Kagawa had a year left on his contract and klopp lined up reus anyways. They're just in a much better situation financially now then before, and though they aren't as big of a club financially and can't offer wages like United, they are still a huge club and currently a better one then United.

JSMHE

I doubt klopp ever said that. Anyways, it's not impossible but we'd have to pay aroud what we paid for di maria to bring in hummels. And that's just to get Dortmund to say yes. After that it'd be up to Hummels, and I doubt he'd want to leave dortmund for United at this point.

Also, dortmund don't really sell their best players. Whenever they leave its not through their choice. They rejected like 35m for lewandowski last year because they would rather make him leave on a free then cash in. Gotze had a release clause. Reus has a release clause which will let him leave. Sahin had a release clause. Kagawa had a year left on his contract and klopp lined up reus anyways. They're just in a much better situation financially now then before, and though they aren't as big of a club financially and can't offer wages like United, they are still a huge club and currently a better one then United.
You doubt, but Klopp actually said it during January winter transfer. Yeah what I meant was if we are willing to spend such a money on Rojo and Falcao then we could went to a higher quality centre back like Hummels and the others. Hummels was just my example that we have a chance to sign if we try in summer.

Maroo

His movement to beat the defender prior to the cross was class as well. Like a fox.
I was completely shocked by the accuracy of that cross ('you have so much time, what are you doing?') and the audaciousness of that shot. This boy's got talent.
And to think people were panning him for not being a rounded footballer, not having enough assists etc. That cross could not have been made without sharp footballing acumen and skill to pull the inch perfect cross off. Very encouraging to watch.

It was also the classic 4-4-2 diamond goal, as width is generally provided by the center forwards or full backs (midfielders to an extend). In this system, your center forwards have to pull wide and beat the fullback, which is exactly what Falcao did.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Thought he played as well as the circumstances allowed (lack of match fitness, new teammates, new league, difficult away match). Two impressive moments and some semblance of good hold up play mixed with a few not so good moments which will be ironed out.

Delighted in an exciting manner.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
And to think people were panning him for not being a rounded footballer, not having enough assists etc. That cross could not have been made without sharp footballing acumen and skill to pull the inch perfect cross off. Very encouraging to watch.

It was also the classic 4-4-2 diamond goal, as width is generally provided by the center forwards or full backs (midfielders to an extend). In this system, your center forwards have to pull wide and beat the fullback, which is exactly what Falcao did.
I was thinking exactly the same too. Surely it has proved all those wrong who were saying he only scores inside the box, very rarely, if ever has any assists and is a really selfish forward.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
What I noticed from his videos and the few matches I have seen him play is that he seems to be very capable with using his weaker left foot. Better at it than RvP or Rooney.

Trizy

What I noticed from his videos and the few matches I have seen him play is that he seems to be very capable with using his weaker left foot. Better at it than RvP or Rooney.
Had you never heard of Falcao before he joined United? He doesn't have a weak foot, similar to Sneijder & Modric but better.

Glanville95

I was thinking exactly the same too. Surely it has proved all those wrong who were saying he only scores inside the box, very rarely, if ever has any assists and is a really selfish forward.
He could have had two assist also, as he set van Persie up perfectly in the box early on, but his touch was loose.

Some promising signs against Leicester. Not the most accomplished performance, but a lot of that is to do with the circumstances as Kevin said. Still, worked hard and defended quite well from the front of times, got a peach of an assist, almost a superb goal and and showed a good few moments of strength and hold-up play. Clearly not at full match-fitness, as his touch was very heavy on a few occasions and he lacked a bit of sharpness in the final third, but he will soon be deadly.

Maroo

Yep, very good to see. He ran nicely with the ball a few times and laid it off for the midfield.

Maroo

I've heard people say that he is the only player in the world whose weak foot is stronger than his normal foot!

Adnan

Talent Spotter
That's what makes him even more impressive, his ability to score with either foot from distance or close range with a blast or with finesse.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
too early to captain him in fantasy footy still... Costa it is for this weekend...

Bwuk

Really could do with him opening his account against West Ham. They'll score for sure because of our defensive woes

Rykker_4united

Supports
Keep Rodgers at Pool.
That shot off the bar on the volley was quality. He's a really, really good player.

Cro

Whats he done to his leg? :nervous:
Should only be a cut/gash or something. Saw it in the game that he was actually bleeding through his socks, but he stayed on the pitch and didn't seem to bother much.

Devil may care

He was looking sharp to me and didn't look happy to be coming off which I felt was understandable given how sluggish RvP is for a role that involves pressing and running a lot.

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
His holdup play is better than RVP. I'd argue Falcao is fitter than RVP anyway and should have stayed on. RVP was a bad option to lead a line with 10 men.

vidal7

I think he holds the ball better than RVP and rooney combined. Should have been kept on rather than RVP. I think LVG wants him in top condition, hence took him off .

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He looks a very good footballer. Need to get used to his movemenr and find him in the box more.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Needs a goal to give him a boost of confidence but played well, another assist too. Thought he was going to score today after our start but then we just stopped and one of him and RvP had to be subbed off after the red.

ItsEssexRob

Has a slight gambling problem
Supports
Chelsea
I will keep backing him higher amounts to score, Ive got to win eventually right?

Walters_19_MuFc

Thought his hold up play was immense today. I'd like to see him running behind the defence a bit more, though. I guess he needs to get used to play with another striker up top, as I'm pretty sure he normally plays as a lone striker.

Status
Not open for further replies.