g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Radamel Falcao image 9

Radamel Falcao Colombia flag

2014-15 Performances

View full 2014-15 profile

5.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

slir32

The positive note people don't seem to be noting is how good he's looked outside of the box for us. Sure he was signed on the premise of scoring a shit load of goals but his link up and hold up were not skills people ever really talked about, it was his ability to find space, his heading and his shooting which won plaudits.

I've really warmed to the guy, he's a proper forward. I think the goals will start to flow in time. He could've had a hat trick today and he probably would have scored all 5 18 months ago.
I also noticed he blocks the space for opposing players i.e blocks the passing space and creates pressure on that player with the ball. He is a very intelligent footballer.

Hellboy

He really was in the verge of tears when he scored, so pleased for him. He'll be a brilliant center forward for us. His movement inside the box is just unreal.

herokiller84

He really was in the verge of tears when he scored, so pleased for him. He'll be a brilliant center forward for us. His movement inside the box is just unreal.
Im all about work ethic and all and the boy has it in abundance,but i think like how we utilised ruud,just make him the scoring point.Focus on torturing in between centrebacks not either side of them, and let him burst to life in the box,especially now we are looking creative.

VanP is custom made as a nine and half to capitalise on the space Radamel will create.

------------Falcao--------------
------------VanP----------------
---Dimaria-------------Mata---
-------Blind--------Herrera-----

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He's basically just a more expensive Chicharito...
And one with better movement,finishing, heading, hold up play, dribbling, passing, crossing, long range shots... Virtually everything, apart from pace. He's a complete striker he just needed his first today to get him started.

LLMU

And one with better movement,finishing, heading, hold up play, dribbling, passing, crossing, long range shots... Virtually everything, apart from pace. He's a complete striker he just needed his first today to get him started.
Agree with this. Reminds me of Batistuta.

ZDwyr

He is clearly a good striker. His movement is first class. I don't think he has looked worthy of the money so far though. If he finds his best form then probably, and hopefully that comes soon.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
This. Its like people are trying to force it talking constantly about movement and hold up play, what he was world class at was scoring from everywhere.. Hes still a good player but he doesnt look anything like he did at Atletico so far, and has cost me a lot of money up until today on scorer bets!
Force what, exactly?

To be honest, I don't always notice subtleties of the game until it's one of Utd's players in action, as I don't necessarily watch with such an attentive eye. I've watched Falcao quite a lot before he joined Utd and yes, the stand out aspect of his game is definitely his finishing as it's freakishly good with any part of his body. However, as I said, yesterday was the first time I watched him play for Utd and I was happy he scored, but I was more impressed by his overall play. Seriously, the lead up to his goal, he's constantly moving, just dropping off his defender, and making the run at the exact right moment. In other moments of the game, during an attacking moment, he's capable of making 2 or 3 different runs in a few seconds. And another impressive thing is how well he manages to stay onside.

It's also reassuring, because having that level of workrate and that instinct garanties goals in the long run.

I also hadn't noticed the quality of Van Persie's movement before he joined us by the way, and it's a very important aspect of his game (though it's a tad different to the way Falcao moves up front, which I'd say is more dynamic).

I don't think anyone is 'forcing' anything (and I don't even know what that means), we're just looking into his game with a lot of scrutiny.

I'm not judging his previous games by the way, as I haven't watched them, I'm just saying yesterday's game showed some truly world class aspects to his game, the only really disappointing part being when he fluffed the chance after Shaw's excellent run. But those can happen, look at Costa's miss yesterday (even though he was offside).

SoCross

He hasn't scored for me on FM yet...hopefully the jinx is broken! Love him already.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
The goal will give him the needed relaxed feeling in games now and I'm sure he will only get better. I'd prefer to have him upfront with Rooney behind though - I just feel RVP is not bringing the best out of our team atm

Stretch

Really happy he got his first goal. He can now kick on. I'd like to see a combo of

Falcao-Rooney
---Mata---

RvP looks lost at times

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
He's basically just a more expensive Chicharito...
Hah! Was gonna post more or less exactly that.

Although I would have replaced "expensive" with "better".

Because his arrival meant the end of Welbeck, he was always seen as an upgrade on Danny but a much better way to look at this is as a big improvement on Hernandez. Interestingly, Chicharito and RvP were never much good together but he formed a great partnership with Rooney for a while. I'd really like to see Rooney and Falcao up top with Mata at 10. Seeing as Van Gaal seems to see his fellow Dutch man as undroppable, I might be waiting some time to see this. Which is a pity.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.

Because his arrival meant the end of Welbeck, he was always seen as an upgrade on Danny but a much better way to look at this is as a big improvement on Hernandez. Interestingly, Chicharito and RvP were never much good together but he formed a great partnership with Rooney for a while. I'd really like to see Rooney and Falcao up top with Mata at 10. Seeing as Van Gaal seems to see his fellow Dutch man as undroppable, I might be waiting some time to see this. Which is a pity.
Falcao's all round game is superior to Hernandez's by considerable margin. He is a world class player, Chicharito is a good player.

Jacob

Never wanted anyone to score his first more than him. He seems a genuinly nice guy and reliant on confidence, looked disappointed to be subbed.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
We could do with him getting a couple against West Brom ahead of the Chelsea game. Him going into that game on top form, especially considering what he did to them last time he faced them would have them shitting themselves. He will also feel he can score agaisnt them after his last hat-trick agains the same opposition.

The Red Thinker

Never wanted anyone to score his first more than him. He seems a genuinly nice guy and reliant on confidence, looked disappointed to be subbed.
Well he'll know the only reason he's being subbed is to preserve his knee. We're not going to run him ragged every game for a good six months.

The Red Thinker

A big part of that hold up play is the awesome strength he possesses. He's a really strong lad.

jesperjaap

I actually thought this was his worst performance for us so far ironically. He worked his socks off but his touch and finishing were poor, actually looked like he was trying to hard, was reminding me of Forlan. Was encouraging he got off the mark as he is a great player. What encourage me most though was that he got so many chances, not down to him inproving but due to his team mates actually starting to notice his runs now and also RVP getting a little bit more of an understanding, one attacked the from post and the other the back post.

LeftyBlaster

I actually thought this was his worst performance for us so far ironically. He worked his socks off but his touch and finishing were poor, actually looked like he was trying to hard, was reminding me of Forlan. Was encouraging he got off the mark as he is a great player. What encourage me most though was that he got so many chances, not down to him inproving but due to his team mates actually starting to notice his runs now and also RVP getting a little bit more of an understanding, one attacked the from post and the other the back post.
Little bit harsh there! As an out and out striker like he is, he did pretty much everything right. Held up the ball and laid it off when needed, provided excellent movement in and around the box, scored, got into numerous scoring positions. I will say that he should've taken at least 2 more goals. Those misses could've cost us.

Getsme

He was desperate to score yesterday, he took some wild shots at goal and could easily of had a hattrick by halftime. Hopefully this goal will make him relax a bit so we can all see the real Falcao.

gza the genius

Yeah I think he will definitely end up being a big improvement on Chicharito in the long run but up until this point I really can't help but just think Chicharito when I watch him play. We've seen Chicharito put in performances exactly like Falcao's yesterday countless times, always in the right place, making great runs, fluffing tons of chances and then finally burying one that ends up making the difference. Though I expect Falcao will prove to be far more clinical soon enough.

And I agree, I'd love to see Falcao - Rooney with Mata behind them.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I'd really like to see Rooney and Falcao up top with Mata at 10. Seeing as Van Gaal seems to see his fellow Dutch man as undroppable, I might be waiting some time to see this. Which is a pity.
This is very much something I want to see.

Not least because RvP has been shite for a while now, and Rooney up front with Mata behind makes better use of each of them.

gza the genius

Those 3 would also allow us to keep the work rate of Rooney that so many are worried about losing with Mata as a 10 as well, I hope we get to see it when Rooney comes back.

ZDwyr

He has set up RvP for 2 goals I think. So the partnership is working alright from Falcao's end.

Tarrou

When you think about it he combines the best attributes from our 4 strikers last season;

RVP's finishing in 11/12
Rooney's heading in 09/10
Chicarito's movement in 09/10
Welbeck's awesome hair

Kostur

海尔的老板
He's not as big as Robin for example but he's as strong as an ox or some other cloven-hooved. It's amazing how good his first touch is and how he manages to defend the ball from attacking defenders.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
When you think about it he combines the best attributes from our 4 strikers last season;

RVP's finishing in 11/12
Rooney's heading in 09/10
Chicarito's movement in 09/10
Welbeck's awesome hair
:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.