Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Don't have an issue if he is brought back slowly, 15 mins here, 25 mins there. Next two games would be a good opportunity for him to get some time in (hopefully) pretty benign conditions.
Agreed - the priority has to be to get him healthy, not for us but for him as a person. I can't help fearing that the rush to get him ready for the World Cup or back in the shop window with Monaco could potentially have done long-term damage in terms of his full recovery. I realise this latest injury isn't ACL-related, but if he needs more time then I'd prefer to be overly cautious with him.

That said, you can't help but be excited by the prospect of him playing for us :drool:

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I think the star quality he has brings a great atmosphere to the club too. You can just see the fans getting excited, even with him warming up on the touchline - not many people have that ability.

I imagine he will be replacing RVP or Rooney at about 15-20 mins to go. Hope he can really kick on from here and stay fit for the rest of the season.

The United Irishman

"Martial is championship material at best"
The new lads have a good attitude and outlook to playing for us. Di Maria is the only one that feels a bit out of place right now and he's our record signing.
that was only media speculation wasn't it? He celebrated like feck when we scored against arsenal!

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
That'll do him a world of good. A few more minutes against Stoke and he'll be firing for Southampton.

Ixion

Great play in the build up between him and Mata and unlucky Dawson was there on the line. First game back but looking good.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Nice to see Mata give him the ball when it was on his left foot and he could have put away a finish himself, with ease. Shame it didn't go in.

Would loved to have seen Falcao involved in some of our first half play. He came on well after the sting had gone from the game, and we were simply seeing it out. Really hope he starts against Stoke.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He links play up great. The difficult part was that the game was dying at that point, if we keep playing like that in the first half and he's playing then he will surely score goals.

Trizy

It would've capped off a perfect evening apart from the injury had he scored, such a pity.

wr8_utd

:'(
The strength he showed in the buildup to the move isn't something that either Rooney or RvP possess. He's looked good every single game he's played. Really hope he starts vs Stoke but I don't see it happening.

Redo91

Can't really see what was wrong with the finish. He hit the target but it was blocked on the line. I've seen some people saying it was a sitter.

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
Shame he wasn't out there when we were attacking. The one time we went forward when he was on, he gets a great chance which he doesn't do much wrong with, just a great block.

Glad for RVP getting his goal but so pleased to see Falcao back.

Revan

Assumptionman
He still doesn't look fully confident but I think that it is only a matter of time vefore he will start scoring a lot of goals. His general play is very good, it has to be said.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
His overall play is superb. Shame he is not able to put them in back of net right now but it should only be matter of time if he plays regularly.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
Ideal chance for him to start against Stoke, only three days between the two games so give RVP a rest I think.

Such a shame he didn't score that chance :(

Raw

We put the foot off the gas after RVPs goal so he annoyingly didn't get as much chances as he should have.

Hopefully he'll get a start against Stoke, he holds up the ball incredibly well.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
It'd be nice to have him on the pitch when we haven't taken our foot 80% off the gas to coast through the end of the game.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Don't think he'll start against Stoke, though I guess there is a good chance of that considering our luck with injuries and Van Gaal being cautious about not injuring RvP or Rooney by playing twice in a week. Good cameo from him though, should have scored but it was a great block, didn't really do anything wrong. His hold up play is excellent though, and there's a lot more to come.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Another 20-30 minutes against Stoke would be good. Start RvP after his goal today, allow him to build on that while bringng on Falcaos match fitness. Also lets see how Rooney is, might not be 100% for Tuesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.