Raiola: "I can say that it's over for Pogba at United"

CM

This charade is getting old. If he wants to go he should go

Lynty

Nothing really to be happy about. Unless you actually think we're going to reinvest his value.

Sounds to me more like hostile contract negotiations though. No takers, timing doesn't make sense. Sergio Ramos-esque

RedChisel

What an awful, awful post.
Why exactly? Tell me what Pogba has done in 4 years to justify the price tag and the shit you have to put up with from his agent? Bruno has put him to shame.

Dante

Average bang
Get what we can for this charlatan, then try and prise Grealish out of Villa. Rather have an 8 out of 10 who works his bollocks off than a 9 who can’t be arsed.
Except Pogba's an 8 who can't be arsed, whereas Grealish is a 9 who can be.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
You think Raiola is acting without Pogba’s instruction? Seriously? :lol: Would he be constantly coming out without Pogba telling him too?

Seriously, I can’t comprehend how people think Pogba isn’t in the wrong here.
I'm just answering your question. You said they both disliked him and thought he was shite, clearly that wasn't true at all.

We have no idea whether it's Pogba asking him to talk or whether he's just blurting out nonsense, but it seems pretty foolish if Pogba asked him to say something 2 days after playing well for the first time in months.

I think it's clear though that he's leaving, the lack of a new contract already showed that.

AsonUnique

Copied this from another thread:

Great player, sucks it never worked out how we wanted. He is going to tear it up in Spain or Italy where you have a little more time on the ball, get ready for the threads when he is pinging around world class long balls. He's just not always up for the pace, pressure and defensive responsibilities of the Premier League.

I would take 60-70 mil euros for him in a heartbeat.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
People on here saying they'd sell him for 50m :lol:

Thank god you're not managing the finances of a top football club. Jesus, I'll give you £100 right now for your ps5.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Just saying that Haaland has this guy as his agent, we might want to avoid him despite of how crazily good Haaland can become.

bondsname

It's not even "Pogba wants to leave" "Pogba wants a new challenge" or "Pogba feels he has done all he can at United". This guy actually says "It's over for Pogba at United" right before our most important game yet, a game Pogba has travelled for. If Raiola is not full of himself and it is indeed over for Pogba, he should just return home. No point in having a player here if he wishes to play somewhere else, we don't need the drama and negativity before a crucial game.

CaptainBirdseye

He is supremely talented, but we can survive without him and we will. Our squad will be worse without him because we have no other central midfielder that naturally talented.

Yet we also don't have a centre mid who seems to routinely give it away as dangerously to the opposition as he can, or one who seems to come out with a leak via his agent about how he's definitely leaving this time on an almost 6-monthly basis.

saivet

I know some want rid asap but realistically who do we get in to replace him? I think we'd be crazy to sell him in January but we need to plan for next summer. I know we have VDB, but I don't think he's suited to playing in the 2 of a 4231.

If I'm honest, I think we need to get a partner for whoever replaces him too as I don't think Fred or McT are of the standard. It's a shame that the club has showed no interest in Partey or Fabinho a few years ago.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Sell him and find the perfect holding midfielder that we've been crying out for. 4231, 433, whatever. We need a holding mid who knows how to receive the ball and pass it around well, who is good defensively and physically strong and can handle himself under some pressure. Fred is alright, but too loose on the ball, too weak physically and too small. We saw how Hojbjorg dominated our midfield for Spurs earlier in the year. Thats what we need, so we can put VdB next to him and Bruno in front and have a good balance.

Declan Rice? Phillips? Not sure who the right option is but thats the main thing we need.

RkkMan

Thank god you're not managing the finances of a top football club. Jesus, I'll give you £100 right now for your ps5.
He`ll have a year and a half left on his deal and frankly he hasn`t been pulling any trees to show he`s worth a big fee especially in a COVID market. The very best you can get for him is 60m if you`re lucky

Brophs

The One and Only
It also speaks to Pogba’s value and the way he’s perceived in the game that Raiola is having to bring this to a head in an attempt to lower his value to a level where he might actually be able to generate offers. Even before Covid Madrid had passed on him due to price. He’ll likely end up at Juve for much less than we’d been quoting a year of two back.

It's B Rubble

Na na naaa na. Wasted money on a beautiful black United kit with this cretins name on the back. Haven’t worn it in about 2 years. If Ole doesn’t give this half a princess a proper bollocking for coming out with this the day before our biggest game of the year, then have one of the fans who bleed red, do it. I’ll never forget him dodging fans at Adidas NYC.. make the appearance, show up late, escape out a side door, proceed to make dozens of children cry who were just waiting for a glimpse. American media would have Paul firing Ravioli with their character assassination. Good fkn riddance

Dante

Average bang

It's a buyer's market for Pogba. United don't hold any of the cards. If only one club become interested, we'll have to accept whatever they offer.

OleBoiii

I'm not a transfer muppet so forgive my ignorance, but is that unreasonable? He's 28 in March, no longer a superstar, has an attitude problem and we don't need him. Surely we're not gonna get good money for him now?

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Its deliberate. He is trying to cause upset as united getting g knocked out will only increase the chances of a sale in january meaning more money for pasta belly.

We should never ever ever deal with that fat fcuk again.
I doubt if anyone will sign him in January.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I know some want rid asap but realistically who do we get in to replace him? I think we'd be crazy to sell him in January but we need to plan for next summer. I know we have VDB, but I don't think he's suited to playing in the 2 of a 4231.

If I'm honest, I think we need to get a partner for whoever replaces him too as I don't think Fred or McT are of the standard. It's a shame that the club has showed no interest in Partey or Fabinho a few years ago.
Van de Beek was already brought in to replace him and tbh I think VdB is far more suited to playing in deeper midfield than as a 10. He's invisible as a 10.

Agree with both Partey and Fabinho, but everyone saw how obvious that was at the time and we still ignored it sadly.

el3mel

Honestly him having Raiola as an agent is one of the biggest reasons why I want him gone.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I'm not a transfer muppet so forgive my ignorance, but is that unreasonable? He's 28 in March, no longer a superstar, has an attitude problem and we don't need him. Surely we're not gonna get good money for him now?
Playing Devil's Advocate but he didn't show that on Sat

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
He`ll have a year and a half left on his deal and frankly he hasn`t been pulling any trees to show he`s worth a big fee especially in a COVID market. The very best you can get for him is 60m if you`re lucky
Even 60 is lowballing it, 60m and a good player would be attractive.

I'd start at 75m and I think that's generous for a player we paid 90m for and is only 28.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
If we can get decent money AND it gets spent then I'm fine with him going.

It's not all his fault I'm sure he would have wanted it to work out better but sometimes things just don't turn out for various reasons.

I don't dislike him but I'm not particularly fond of him at the same time, not that it would make any difference to anyone.

Smores

I'll be glad when he's gone to be honest, it's felt like the Pogba experiment has been done for some time now.

Let's take the money and go buy a midfielder that actually fits the team.

crossy1686

career ending

A player in the last year of his contract who can walk away for nothing (and will) very soon. Thank god you're not in charge of any negotiations.

Dante

Average bang

I'd start at 75m and I think that's generous for a player we paid 90m for and is only 28.
His performances in the intervening period have decreased his value significantly.

Blood Mage

I welcome his departure. Sure he's capable of world class moments like his goal against West Ham but our team shape suffers when he plays and he just isn't consistent, simple as that.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Once upon a time I would have piled in to support him but honestly don't care anymore, in fact, we will be a far better team if we just reinvest his money wisely. Bruno has proven what a really world-class player can do to this side.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22

Juventus are the stingiest team in the world, they’d laugh at us and come back the following year to pick him up for free. We’re not exactly blessed with suitors for him. We don’t really hold any of the cards here, I’d be amazed if we recouped what we paid.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
He's also a world Cup winner, massively marketable, a would class passer and a goal threat. He's 28 but he's also in very good shape, he's had a few injuries but he could transition into a midfielder who plays into his mid 30s.

Real or Juve would probably be getting the best version of Pogba in his prime years, if they can get it right tactically with him.