Ralf Rangnick | ex-interim manager | does anyone rate him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Not seeing any philosophy out there from us.

Wolves look like Peps Barcelona, whereas we look like a pub team on sunday.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
We've thrown the towel on this season by hiring this guy

Galactic

Incorrigible pest
What happened to all the pressing?
Why are we making all the long passes again? RR not trusting us to play from the back anymore?

slored1

Why are we making all the long passes again? RR not trusting us to play from the back anymore?
How will you press with Matić and Ronaldo in the side. These two have never done it before, why bother?

GMoore23

How Sir Alex can attend and watch this shower of shite every week and look so content is beyond me.
A bunch of incompetent twats have wrecked the club that he spent almost half his working life making great.

Shark

@NotShark
Not going to lie, thought we'd at least see some basics. It's been a car crash.

Cathy Ferguson

Of our managers this season Carrick impressed the most. We are no better under Ralf than Ole. Not impressed and almost no improvement.

Thiagoal

Seriously underwhelmed by his judgement. Says he wants to control games and then proceeds to play two veteran strikers, two central midfielders that can barely control the ball and two other strikers stuck out on the wing

largelyworried

I cannot fathom this at all, it's bizarre. First 20 minutes of his first game, it was a pressing frenzy and we looked great. Since then, not a sign. I'm not sure if the players are just refusing to do it or he's told them not to even try. Neither sounds particularly likely, but we can see it's not happening, so one of them must be true.

BuzzKillington

It’s not improved in any measurable way. Ralf has just been lucky with fixtures so far which he’ll continue to be for the next month or two. The frustration for me is I’m not seeing any tangible changes from the Ole days.

Has Ralf got stage fright? Is he frightened to change it too much or drop players that need dropping? Too scared to implement his changes for some reason? Does he actually have ideas that will work, for United, in the premier league? I have more questions after every game at the moment.

Sanchez7

Seriously underwhelmed by his judgement. Says he wants to control games and then proceeds to play two veteran strikers, two central midfielders that can barely control the ball and two other strikers stuck out on the wing
Yep, looks like his best skill is to come across as knowledgable in interviews.

I cannot fathom this at all, it's bizarre. First 20 minutes of his first game, it was a pressing frenzy and we looked great. Since then, not a sign. I'm not sure if the players are just refusing to do it or he's told them not to even try. Neither sounds particularly likely, but we can see it's not happening, so one of them must be true.
Completely bizarre. I think most of us thought we would build on that performance but we have gone back to Ole ball(or worse).

Mike Smalling

It's clear he is not some miracle worker, as we had all hoped, but he is also working under severe limitations. The player material in key positions is so poor. When you can barely field one competent midfielder, you will have a hard time implementing any kind of plan to control the game.

AndySmith1990

Some of you would've wanted Klopp sacked after he finished 8th with Liverpool after inheriting another managers team. Have some patience ffs

VinzentFTW

Supports
Liverpool
It's clear he is not some miracle worker, as we had all hoped, but he is also working under severe limitations. The player material in key positions is so poor. When you can barely field one competent midfielder, you will have a hard time implementing any kind of plan to control the game.
Why hire a gegenpress manager for 6 months with the squad we have ? Not getting Conte will ruin our chances for top 4 imo. He was the right manager for this squad.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
I watched 4 games this weekend and just in the eye test, we are the worst passers in the league. Overhit long passes, underhit short passes. We look like a bunch of amateurs.

It’s three years of woeful coaching by people with no credentials, so it’s no surprise, just really frustrating.

Dinghy

Can't implement the style he's known for, and he's transformed our counter attacking play, the only thing we were good at, to complete shite. Someone remind me why the feck are we leaving the future of this club in the hands of this man?

Mike Smalling

Why hire a gegenpress manager for 6 months with the squad we have ? Not getting Conte will ruin our chances for top 4 imo. He was the right manager for this squad.
Only possible explanation is that Conte's style is not what we want long-term. The sooner we get started on a winning style of football the better, even if it may not be the best fit for the current squad.

TheRedDevil2019

Talk about Ageism, Cavani outruns most young uns. He presses so hard. Rub the steam and dirt off those glasses pal.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Can't implement the style he's known for, and he's transformed our counter attacking play, the only thing we were good at, to complete shite. Someone remind me why the feck are we leaving the future of this club in the hands of this man?
Because we're judging him on his long track-record of team building rather than the few weeks he's been in charge?

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
What great teams has he built?
Where did I say "great team"?

You asked why we'd trust him with our future and it wasn't based on what he'd do in a few weeks as interim manager.

If you want to make stupid knee-jerk judgments, knock yourself out. But it's bizarre to complain about the future of the club is being left to him based on a few games where, as you say, he can't implement his style. His influence over the future of the club has little or nothing to do with the emergency interim role he's currently in.

Last edited:

Ish

Lights on for Luke
He needs more time. But there was probably a reason why he’s not really been a manager anymore (more a DoF). But yeah, impossible and harsh to judge him in such a short space. I do however, hope it is only a 6 month role and we get ETH in.

L1nk

People should be confused, because this is not how Rangnick likes his teams to play, the only time we saw that was in the first half at Crystal Palace, since then I don't understand what's happened it makes absolutely no sense to me

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
How many managers will these players make look bad?

I'm really coming round to the opinion that the problem is cultural.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
People should be confused, because this is not how Rangnick likes his teams to play, the only time we saw that was in the first half at Crystal Palace, since then I don't understand what's happened it makes absolutely no sense to me
It's an imbalanced squad trying to learn a new style of play in a new formation with lots of rotation and little training in a tight schedule, during a pandemic in which the squad had an outbreak. And then there are a host of other problems on top of that, not least of which is that quite a few players aren't all that good.

It shouldn't be that surprising we're not all that good already. Someone like Klopp didn't hit the ground running either and he's a better actual manager than Rangnick.

AndySmith1990

I don't think it's that confusing. Our players are a mishmash of lazy, stupid, unwilling, and overrated. Can guarantee you if we were taken over by an oil state and brought in Pep/Klopp, almost our entire squad would be replaced within a few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.