Ralf Rangnick | ex-interim manager | does anyone rate him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
I’ve defended him a lot, and I generally think his working conditions are awful, but subbing Rashford on today was a remarkable mistake. It was so predictable how shit he would be. It actively made our chances of winning smaller.
Elanga was poor though.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
The irony of Scholes laying into Rangnick here tonight on BT yet defended Ole for 3 years!
It was obvious Neville, Scholes, Rio were all protecting their mate when Ole was in charge. Scholes himself said before the game we haven't had an elite coach in years. All these ex United players knew deep down like we did that Ole wasn't the man, can't really criticise them for not wanting to call out an ex teammate

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Some of you are a disgrace. Its not his fault he inherited a mess left by an amateur of a predecessor, and not to mention a squad of overpaid primadonnas.
Indeed, it's as if he's signed a 5-year contract.

He needs to be allowed to pick the next manager and ship out clowns like Rashford and Maguire.

swedishgloryhunter

Moyes season was better than this shit. We reached CL QF and League Cup semi final at least.

This is the worst season of post Fergie era by far. Out of all competitions in early rounds. Season done in March.. March !
I get what you mean but to me its no difference to this, it's less games but still no trophys. Atleast we might get the cl spot if arsenal bottles it.

Fooza

Unlikely to get top 4, if so, he's failed as a manager. Let's hope he has more success upstairs.

Bring a new manager in now, I can't be asked anymore. Start getting in a new style, and stop playing the over paid tripe

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
The irony of Scholes laying into Rangnick here tonight on BT yet defended Ole for 3 years!
He had the cheek to blame Rangnick lack of experience as the main reason why he lost out against Simeone. What experience did matey had when we signed him from Molde?

Kaos

Most of that team isn't good enough, how's that Ralf's fault?

The squad needs gutting.
Exactly.

Rude awakening - our squad is shit and these players aren't up to it. Not even Poch or Klopp is getting anything out of these wasters.

Long Time Red

Like who? The point of this appointment really is the consultancy afterwards
I think Favre, Garcia and Valverde all would have done better jobs, have us playing better football and getting better results.

They have all cut their teeth at Champions League level in the past few seasons and have far more coaching experience at the highest level than Rangnick.

sirAlexsglasses

Garbage manager. I dont understand any of the praise he's getting. Because the squad has some primadonas leaking to the press? Are they the reason he keeps picking Maguire and bringing on Rashford?

He is an interim manager, you really think he can get away with benching or not picking Maguire an 80 million signing or Rashford the contract rebel?? It’s not RR that’s rotten but but above and below him.

acnumber9

They are absolutely shite. Shaw has been rubbish, and if you think we lost the game today because of Telles and Dalot you may as well close the browser.
We didn’t lose the game because of any two players. I never said we did. You need to step away from the whiskey and actually engage your brain.

Telles and Dalot offered zero attacking support to our wide players. Just once did one of them go beyond their winger and it resulted in one of the few chances we had. Sancho constantly had three round him every time he got the ball and that is because Telles gave no out ball or option. If something is so astoundingly obvious that Robbie Savage can point it out in commentary then you know there’s a problem.

That hampers our ability to win games. Maguire and McTominay playing also hampers our ability to win games. Rangnick picked them.

BulgarianDevil91

You lot need to take a step back and breathe deeply. Putting a person in charge of a squad of egotistic, overpaid and lazy feckwits is never going to end up a success. Add to that the fact these same players know he's just an interim manager and they can get away with almost anything and it's a recipe for disaster. Half of them don't want to be in this team and many of them don't even deserve it to begin with. Yet, this is what he has at his disposal and what he has to manage with.

Filip#6

Literally all Rangnick does is lose. Out of every competition under him, can’t touch a top 6 team, thinks losers like Dalot and Telles are quality, more team dysfunction, and still no tactics. This team has deep issues and he was never going to magically fix it all, but there should’ve been some sense of direction. He’s completely lost
You didn’t see any improvement in the first half compared to Ole’s time here?

Maybe not his fault? We have not performed in CL for ages.

Mike Smalling

We looked good in the first half and predictably gassed in the second. He had to bring Rashford on there's not exactly a wealth of options, believe me I wish there was a better one than this version of Rashford. But his high energy style needs subs with energy.

I think he's a great coach, a clear upgrade on Ole, but arguably we need the best of the best right now and is he that? Not sure he has the aura for it.

Having said that it pisses me off seeing Scholes lay into him so much after defending Ole for whole seasons. One of my preferred ex player pundits but the double standards need calling out.
I don't know. Rashford only contributed negatively when he came on. He didn't put a single foot right, and it was not hard to predict that it would happen. I would honestly rather have seen Lingard on the pitch, or Mata brought on earlier.

I agree on the other parts though. The bias from is strong from some pundits.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
He’s being shown up for what he is, an average football manager. The job is too big for him.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
We didn’t lose the game because of any two players. I never said we did. You need to step away from the whiskey and actually engage your brain.

Telles and Dalot offered zero attacking support to our wide players. Just once did one of them go beyond their winger and it resulted in one of the few chances we had. Sancho constantly had three round him every time he got the ball and that is because Telles gave no out ball or option. That hampers our ability to win games. Maguire and McTominay playing also hampers our ability to win games. Rangnick picked them.
My brain is engaged, yours isn't if you think before a ball is kicked that AWB is expected to contribute more offensively than Dalot.

As for Telles, for all his blunt offensive play he at least doesn't feck up offside traps for fun. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if Shaw played Lllorente on for Felix offside goal.
My first thought was thank feck Telles was high

None of our fullbacks are good enough but Shaw and AWB are on another level of tripe this season

edgecutter

Christ, some of you lot need to give your heads a wobble.

He has come in to a squad that has too many prima Donna's, a squad that was too large with players wanting out, players leaking left right and centre, a team that still hasn't a midfield even though the previous manager spent over 300 million on the squad. Yet it's all ralfs fault.

This isn't his team. It's a squad that most of us want gutted, but some think it should be challenging????

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
No it's depressing enough analysing games when we lose I'm not going to depress myself after we win that would be fecking mental.
Says a lot that you would be depressed when we win as well, almost as if you're disappointed we win because you aren't able to sh*t on Rangnick.

I can't understand this obsession to hate or love a manager no matter what.

tomaldinho1

He is useless .. Is he even better than Ole
How many times did we come back under Ole..
We would have found better interim managers than this retired guy
I mean Ole presided over us not even making it past the group stages in the CL one year…

The bar is low when Ragnick and Ole are being compared. It’s damning for Ole given Ragnick isn’t even known for being a coach when you think about it.

charlenefan

You lot need to take a step back and breathe deeply. Putting a person in charge of a squad of egotistic, overpaid and lazy feckwits is never going to end up a success. Add to that the fact these same players know he's just an interim manager and they can get away with almost anything and it's a recipe for disaster. Half of them don't want to be in this team and many of them don't even deserve it to begin with. Yet, this is what he has at his disposal and what he has to manage with.
then don't fecking play them? What you've said works both ways, Ralf ain't gonna be manager in 6 months time so play who's going to make him look good and if needs be play the kids. He's been a fecking pussy of a manager and is guilty of the exact same bonkers favouritism Ole was guilty of

R'hllor

Personally, dont really care that much, RR made a mistake from a get go, he should just go full radical, get some younglings that might not have quality but they hungry, wanna run etc. and drop majority of shit that was assembled by Ole. If they make trouble, move them all into u23 and bye.

Reading some posts from day one when he got here, hope people keep same energy for a new guy, seems every other manager post SAF, needs time/transfer windows to get his own players but RR. Still find it funny how there are still some with a cheek to even mention Ole after his impact.

acnumber9

My brain is engaged, yours isn't if you think before a ball is kicked that AWB is expected to contribute more offensively than Dalot.

As for Telles, for all his blunt offensive play he at least doesn't feck up offside traps for fun. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if Shaw played Lllorente on for Felix offside goal.
My first thought was thank feck Telles was high.
But he does. Simply by providing width and allowing our wide players to come inside. He also doesn’t waste possession with fecking stupid shots.

As for Telles not fecking up offside traps you might want to watch Man City’s fourth goal from the other week again.

Ace of Spades

Yeah, he has been below average.

My biggest complaint is that he is till using players that have no future here.

Also, our play still looks very poor, we just can't seem to create any chances.

charlenefan

Says a lot that you would be depressed when we win as well, almost as if you're disappointed we win because you aren't able to sh*t on Rangnick.

I can't understand this obsession to hate or love a manager no matter what.
we were shit against Spurs but we won, I was happy with a win, I wasn't going to depress myself focusing on the negatives what's so hard for you to understand about that?

L1nk

I think Favre, Garcia and Valverde all would have done better jobs, have us playing better football and getting better results.

They have all cut their teeth at Champions League level in the past few seasons and have far more coaching experience at the highest level than Rangnick.
Maybe, but it's hindsight now isn't it. More important that we get the next permanent appointment correct. I can't get down on the club for picking Rangnick when it's potential benefits of the future might yet still apply, even if the current moment is shit

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass

He has come in to a squad that has too many prima Donna's, a squad that was too large with players wanting out, players leaking left right and centre, a team that still hasn't a midfield even though the previous manager spent over 300 million on the squad. Yet it's all ralfs fault.

This isn't his team. It's a squad that most of us want gutted, but some think it should be challenging????
Yea i would agree. Although i felt he brought on too many subs today that killed our flow.

Filip#6

Garbage manager. I dont understand any of the praise he's getting. Because the squad has some primadonas leaking to the press? Are they the reason he keeps picking Maguire and bringing on Rashford?
If not Rashford, who?

Rashford haven’t performed for a long time, but who would have made a difference? Our squad is unbalanced and lack quality.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Season over and there's no escaping it's been a disastrous appointment in the end. We'd have been better just keeping Ole to the end of the season.

edgecutter

then don't fecking play them? What you've said works both ways, Ralf ain't gonna be manager in 6 months time so play who's going to make him look good and if needs be play the kids. He's been a fecking pussy of a manager and is guilty of the exact same bonkers favouritism Ole was guilty of
Complete nonsense, he has benched a lot of underperforming players. Shaw, maguire, pombal, rashford, and even ronaldo has been dropped by him. The quality of squad is just not good enough.

eire-red

Contrary to what seems like everyone else, I just don't like the high tempo pressing style he's trying to do. It's just complete helter-skelter every single game. It's like we're so hyped up, when we win the ball back we have no composure whatsoever.

Hard to have any interest for the closing stages of the season now. Feels like we have a defining summer ahead of us. A lot of faces I don't want to see next season.

Someone

Something
He did the best he could. This season is mainly on the players. How can anyone achieve anything when most of your players can't put 2 decent games in a row.

Half of them don't give a feck and are already planning their moves next season. They've all been ranging from garbage to average at best. This season isn't on Ralf.

JohnLocke

I haven't posted here in years but Christ almighty the abuse at RR here is insane.

I think there's been a clear improvement in our play but we allow teams to score with their very limited chances.

Subbing Bruno maybe an error but he did literally nothing all game apart from having a shot at the end of the first half.

Terrible ref and AM did well to limit our chances.

We've created more chances than anyone in the league recently but we still drop points. I remember it being like this at Liverpool when Klopp came in and that's turned out alright for them. Good performances but just not quite there.

We are miles off the pace but to say that it's down to Ralph is a joke imo.

Maguire is a shocking CB and Rashford has been horrendous for longer than I can remember now. Losing Greenwood has had an effect as we only have Ronaldo to play up top and he can't do it every single game, but there's no one else. Cavani has been injured all season.

Anyway, I think there's been improvement under RR and some of abuse here is embarrassing.

Long Time Red

Lots of managers come into shit shows for worse than our current state and have an instant impact.

Our best 2 performances this season were Villareal away under Carrick and Arsenal at home also under Carrick.

He's made us marginally better defensively but we've regressed in our attacking play.

BulgarianDevil91

Yeah, bench Ronaldo for a 18 yo nobody, that most definitely should do the trick.

These players have not played in any real system for over 2 years or however many Ole was in charge, how do you expect them to adapt to a demanding coach after basically playing to minimal standards for so long.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
But he does. Simply by providing width and allowing our wide players to come inside. He also doesn’t waste possession with fecking stupid shots.

As for Telles not fecking up offside traps you might want to watch Man City’s fourth goal from the other week again.
At that stage the game is lost, lets not get into the Shaw offside trap debate shall we, its a long known terrible flaw in his game.

Dalot wasn't showing wide as much as he normally would, but line up 10 United fans before kick off on who is more offensive out of him and AWB, 9 would say he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.