Raphael Varane | Signed for United!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
I feel dirty for saying this it might be elsewhere but not seen it.

Anyone giving the Glazers a bit of goodwill for this and Sancho and whatever else comes this Summer?

Maybe it is shut everyone up for a bit or are they getting the understanding that more success = more profit?

Eeeerguuh.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
This place is such a mess I can't be arsed anymore.

I called it wrong so I thought it best to own it.

Plus, I'm drunk, so any distraction to having to face up to the fact that I've work in 8 hours is worthy of my time.
Good on you. I'm not surprised that you'd do that, though.

Hope work gets better soon. I know mine drives me up the fecking wall.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
No idea. It was just around then that 'compliment' not only overtook 'complement' but did so overwhelmingly.
The summer of 2013. A trickier time, but in many ways much more innocent.

RonaldoVII

Anyone giving the Glazers a bit of goodwill for this and Sancho and whatever else comes this Summer?

Maybe it is shut everyone up for a bit or are they getting the understanding that more success = more profit?

Eeeerguuh.
Sancho was last summers signing for a start.

hungrywing

The summer of 2013. A trickier time, but in many ways much more innocent.
Alas.

On a more serious note, I think it might have had to do with the spike in caf membership around then. Basically too many new people getting it wrong and then no one could be arsed to address it.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006

The dogs, and killing crows and pigeons are just about keeping me sane right now, making up for 18 months locked in a room for 8 hours a day.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
£34m is a steal. We will make that back in shirt sales
With the shirt sales from Varane and Sancho combined we’ll actually make a net profit from both transfers.
As I have also learnt from others on here, you guys may also want to know.. the club doesn’t make any substantial revenues from shirt sales. Those go directly to the manufacturer aka Adidas. We do however get a small % of the profits. But they definitely won’t make up for the sum we paid to buy Varane.

Is he actually good? There's surely a reason Real Madrid are willing to let him go, is he an upgrade on what we have at present?
Referring to the bolded part, are you SERIOUSLY asking that?

I mean your entire post seems satirical but that last part has me in fits.:lol:

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW

Eeeerguuh.
Well... Although we're all Glazers Out. The simplest solution is for them to actually have football people in charge of recruitment and backing them fully to buy the players that the manager requires. Bayern's model is something Fergie has been calling for us to adopt for years.

This summer they definitely seem to be moving more in line with a club that genuinely mean business. If they continued this trend then naturally the disent against their ownership would quell further than it already now has.

In reality, this kind of activity in the market should happen a lot more regularly for us than it typically does. We can only hope that the Glazers have decided that they are going to start letting us show our financial muscle to an even greater extent than we already have done in previous years.

The club generates more than enough money for us to make a big signing or two every summer while they still get their dividends. If they commit to this kind of recruitment policy, at least until we've started winning major honours again, then they'll manage to stay here for as long as they please.

But if I was a betting man, I would expect the Glazers to revert to type from next summer onwards. Therefore let's make sure we all really enjoy this one!

Dan-Utd

£35 million... WOW.

You'll struggle to find another player who has won the things he's won and is still only 28 years old for less than £50 million, given that defenders often go on until they are 35+ he could be the bargain of the 2020-30 decade.

The young defenders at the club should benefit from training with a guy with all his experience too.

tentan

Poor man's poster.
I can't wait for this signing. Probably the most excited I have been for a player since Rooney in 2004.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Because we fecked it. Lost a final we could've won with him. Maybe could've held up better in the league from January too. May not have got knocked out into the Europa if we had him, that extra bit of quality.

It is what it is. But you did ask...
We didn't feck anything up. Dortmund wanted an exorbitant fee at a time when there was incredible uncertainty in every walk of life.

OK we didn't win any trophies but we finished second, emerged from the crisis in a stronger financial position than almost every other club and are now flexing that muscle, landing two world class players for the price of one of them last season, plugging two gaping holes in the squad with potentially more signings to come.

The club has done extremely well here.

hobbers

It's £34m potentially rising to £43m. Any other figure is just evidence of a hack who's too thick to do basic currency check.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
we've got Sancho and Varane for less than what Dortmund wanted for Sancho last summer :lol:
Impatient muppets: “jUsT pAy ThE fEcKiNg €60m”

A week later: deal done for £34m.

Negotiations are pointless.
But we should always pay what the selling club demands!

The selling club has fixed the price, if we dont like it then we should walk away and stop wasting time.

I want to know where are the muppets who've been spouting this for a year and half now ?

Red71

Ok, I’m old enough to know better than to try this shite but maybe (since he’s a United fan) a chant to Stormzy “Where Do You Know Me From” - “We got Rafa Varane, we got Rafa Varane, you’ll never beat this man, you’ll never beat this man!” over and over…short and sweet, bit like me… :D

It would be amazing to hear this at OT…

Status
Not open for further replies.