Rashford is as good as Mbappé...

In your opinion is Rashford presently as good as Mbappé?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)
Especially since some have dug a deep hole to entrench themselves into arguing against a United player.
It's gotten silly both sides, they are two great talents. I myself rate Mbappe quite higher but there is no need to belittle Rashford for that, similarly for others the other way round.

It's a reoccuring theme on the caf, same goes for Martial "vs" Rashford.

Moby

Dick
On the contrary, the fact that everyone is getting a bit moist about Mbappe-mania suggests they probably would.
Nah, saying Mbappe is better than Rashford right now has nothing to do with Rashford himself being a top 5 or so talent and there being no reason to trade him another youngster. You can have a poll and see the results.

Moby

Dick
It's gotten silly both sides, they are two great talents. I myself rate Mbappe quite higher but there is no need to belittle Rashford for that, similarly for others the other way round.
Some actually have gone as far as being sure that Mbappe will soon decline.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Yep. Its the standard grass is greener on the other side logic that's become inclusive during the transfer muppet era. We always inflate the value of things we can't have often at the expense of what we do have.
Pretty much.

Boycott

@Moby has a point. Last season people on here were making it very clear 'Herrera > Kante' despite the fact Kante was playing at a very good, albeit lower level from the previous season whereas Herrera was having his first extended run of excellent form. When Kante won PL POTY it was derided despite his fellow colleagues voting for him. No one else outside of Utd fans had this debate.

I and a few others made the point that you can praise Herrera while thinking Kante gets the nod because he's doing it for two seasons, one at bloody Leicester. But if you dared to go against Herrera in any way, shape or form you'd have your football knowledge questioned.

yfoFC

I mean, really, just look his body language and speed of release as soon as he gets the ball, he's got the clarity of how to set an attack in motion and precisely why he's so highly rated.
If anyone has watched pogba play for united even once and forms this opinion of him then I must say I will be very hesitant to take that person's word on any football related matter going forward

I'm not willing to go into details on this thread to back up my point as it's off topic but Pogba and "speed of release" should never appear in the same sentence.

On-topic, I haven't watched mbappe much so I can't form any insightful opinion on this "battle" but rashford showed his rawness last season and will need a full season of consistent (as consistent as a young player can get) performances to be considered at the top of the young talent pool. Mbappe just needs to avoid any dip in form over this full season to cement his place at the top of the young ones as he has yet to show his age unlike rashford.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
If anyone has watched pogba play for united even once and forms this opinion of him then I must say I will be very hesitant to take that person's word on any football related matter going forward

I'm not willing to go into details on this thread to back up my point as it's off topic but Pogba and "speed of release" should never appear in the same sentence.
Nah, some people just completely focus on those instances where he holds the ball too long, while ignoring the much more frequent direct play he's offering in the same games. So it's at least a matter of debate, and holding this opinion doesn't disqualify any poster.

AR87

Last season people on here were making it very clear 'Herrera > Kante' despite the fact Kante was playing at a very good, albeit lower level from the previous season whereas Herrera was having his first extended run of excellent form.
Idk who would believe that :nervous: *looks at sig* :lol:

The thing with Kante is he was getting absurdly overhyped. There were people legitimately suggesting he was one of the best midfielders in the world which was asinine considering his lack of contributions in attack. Herrera on the other hand was a jack of all trades in midfield who performed similar defensive duties to Kante for a team that conceded less than Chelsea and contributed far more in attack and possession than Kante. If any of our attackers had done the business last year he would have received more plaudits for it.

Also Herrera HAS been in excellent form previous to last season for United. His level at the end of the 14/15 season was extremely high when LVG used the 4-3-3. He was masterful in the Juanfield match for example, a type of all around midfield display I've never seen from Kante.

Look, this kind of sucks, because it comes across as me crapping on Kante in a thread about Rashford, when in reality I think Kante is an excellent player. However, he is excellent in his work rate and defensive contributions, both of which Herrera matched or superceded him in last season while contributing attacking areas where he dwarfed Kante's contributions. The reality is Kante played in a team that had a far stronger attack than United last year, so his defensive contributions received more attention because the team success was present.

I will say that if Pogba is out until December and Fellaini misses time, Herrera will get a fantastic opportunity to show if he is at or beyond Kante's level in a midfield alongside Matic. So we may well get an answer to that question shortly.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I am sorry but Noodlehair is correct. Any player outside of Utd gets rated better than our own players. It is psychology. Like Noodlehair says, we scrutinize our own players more than opposing players. Every time Mata loses the ball or misplaces a pass for us, people see that as a negative. But while he was playing for Chelsea, he was brilliant, despite the fact that he was playing the exact same way.

There always seems to be another player as well. Mkitarian is not doing it according to the cafe. Ok, we should sign Dybala. Then Dybala wont meet the high expectations so we suggest another player and so on. And round and round the carousel goes.

The pattern is the same: Players not playing for us get hyped up; players playing for us get under-valued. Look at the hype there was for Pogba when he was playing for Juventus.
Well not for me though, for example I do rate Pogba as the best midfielder in the world, but not everyone shares my view outside, perhaps I am biased but in my most self-conscious objective mind, I really do 100% think so.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
@Moby has a point. Last season people on here were making it very clear 'Herrera > Kante' despite the fact Kante was playing at a very good, albeit lower level from the previous season whereas Herrera was having his first extended run of excellent form. When Kante won PL POTY it was derided despite his fellow colleagues voting for him. No one else outside of Utd fans had this debate.

I and a few others made the point that you can praise Herrera while thinking Kante gets the nod because he's doing it for two seasons, one at bloody Leicester. But if you dared to go against Herrera in any way, shape or form you'd have your football knowledge questioned.
I don't recall getting involved in the Herrera v Kante thing, probably because they are very different players.

Cereal Killer

It's a reoccuring theme on the caf, same goes for Martial "vs" Rashford.
I think 90% of the fans on here will agree with you on the first point.

CG1010

I think 90% of the fans on here will agree with you on the first point.
I doubt it. So many people even on this group think Rashford is at the level of Welbeck/Lingard, technically limited, "only runs around a lot", etc.

fellaini's barber

Yeah, people are really overstating this grass is always greener thing. I'd say we overhype our players to mind boggling levels, and when they are Manc and from the academy it's bonkers, this is the only place on the internet where this debate exists, and in Phil Neville's mind. The only people on the planet who think Rashford is as good as Mbappe are United fans, same people deluding themselves that people are rating Mbappe because he's in a foreign club and has an exotic name. Like someone said it was the same with D'Welbz, so it's really nothing new. If the two players switched clubs, this thread wouldn't even exist.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Yeah, people are really overstating this grass is always greener thing. I'd say we overhype our players to mind boggling levels, and when they are Manc and from the academy it's bonkers, this is the only place on the internet where this debate exists, and in Phil Neville's mind. The only people on the planet who think Rashford is as good as Mbappe are United fans, same people deluding themselves that people are rating Mbappe because he's in a foreign club and has an exotic name. Like someone said it was the same with D'Welbz, so it's really nothing new. If the two players switched clubs, this thread wouldn't even exist.
It's a weird one, for sure :lol:

I'd actually say both overhyping and undervaluing our players exist at almost equal measures tbf.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Especially since some have dug a deep hole to entrench themselves into arguing against a United player.
It's not about going against the United player though, majority of football fans would rather have Mbappe in their team than Rashford. This also shouldn't correlate to 'we hate our own' 'grass is greener' etc I love Rashford and has wonderful potential but i just don't believe he's better than Mbappe atm. This is hardly a controversial opinion either, look at the poll and this is on a United forum. And this sort of thread wouldn't happen in any other football forum which says it all.

Last edited:

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
I am sorry but Noodlehair is correct. Any player outside of Utd gets rated better than our own players. It is psychology. Like Noodlehair says, we scrutinize our own players more than opposing players. Every time Mata loses the ball or misplaces a pass for us, people see that as a negative. But while he was playing for Chelsea, he was brilliant, despite the fact that he was playing the exact same way.

There always seems to be another player as well. Mkitarian is not doing it according to the cafe. Ok, we should sign Dybala. Then Dybala wont meet the high expectations so we suggest another player and so on. And round and round the carousel goes.

The pattern is the same: Players not playing for us get hyped up; players playing for us get under-valued. Look at the hype there was for Pogba when he was playing for Juventus.
Rashford is a massive talent already and should improve with maturity and experience. I've not seen much of Mbappe besides a few games with France and Monaco to make a judgement. I do agree we generally have a tendency to both underrate and hype our own players. I still think Pogba is amongst the very best in the world if not the best in his position. As much as like Mata, it's my opinion Griezmaan and Dybala are improvements on Mata.

My opinion is presently De Gea, Pogba, and Matic can rightly claim to play in any world 11. Rashford and Martial could potentially be in that top bracket of talent in a few years.

I've not voted.

Hmmm.

Runner up for last years Golden Boy award*, nominated again this year. Scored on debuts in PL, FA Cup, Europa League, International & Champions League. Scored vs. Arsenal, Chelsea, City. Our stand-out player in both Europa League semi finals last season. Pulled us into the semi with a cracking injury time winning in the quarters. Still just 19 years old.

Yeah @fellaini's barber we defo “overhype” our players.

* Let’s not forget how many of you were all creaming yourselves over Renato Sanchez not so long back. He took that golden boy award over the much more deserved and talented Rashford because of the mental hype train that happens with some of these players.

Last edited:

Red4Life_#7

The French league is pi$$ poor compared to the EPL and Rashford would be walking it too. What are both their International records?

Rusholme Ruffian

I think Rashford has the mentality and potential to be a massive star, and I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up having a more successful career than Martial or Mbappe. However, as I've said all along, that is just educated guesswork at this stage - all three of those young players are at the start of their journey and it could and will have many twists and turns. With that in mind this line from an article in the Daily Express a couple of days ago caught my eye:

"He is, almost certainly, the best player this country has produced in decades. Better even than David Beckham and Wayne Rooney, and definitely as good as the legendary Sir Bobby Charlton, who watched proudly from his VIP seat at Wembley last week."

To already be saying that he is better than Beckham and Rooney is ridiculous at this stage, let alone saying that he is 'definitely' as good as the best English player of all time - Sir Bobby Charlton. I know it's the Express and clickbait, but it does go to show that people other than United fans are getting excited about his talent - some people on this thread have suggested that outside of this forum no-one would even consider the question of whether Rashford is as good as Mbappe, but I don't think that's necessarily true.

"He is, almost certainly, the best player this country has produced in decades. Better even than David Beckham and Wayne Rooney, and definitely as good as the legendary Sir Bobby Charlton, who watched proudly from his VIP seat at Wembley last week."
That’s probably the worst quote I’ve ever read, who on Earth is responsible for that clusterfeck?

Treble

Martial and Rashford do not start together because the attack may become isolated from the rest of the team. Mkhi and Mata serve to link midfield and attack.

Rusholme Ruffian

What an absolute nut :lol:

He was at least right in saying “the rest of the world will get a better idea of just how good Rashford really is when he faces the much tougher opposition that Germany and Brazil, ranked No1 and two in the world, will provide next month.”
yeah, I couldn't believe what I was reading!

I dunno what's wrong with people. On one hand you have United fans on this forum basically saying that Rashford doesn't offer much more than knocking the ball past defenders and running after it very fast, and on the other you have tabloid journalists saying he is the best English player ever at age 19! :wenger:

Z_Wolf

Idk who would believe that :nervous: *looks at sig* :lol:

The thing with Kante is he was getting absurdly overhyped. There were people legitimately suggesting he was one of the best midfielders in the world which was asinine considering his lack of contributions in attack. Herrera on the other hand was a jack of all trades in midfield who performed similar defensive duties to Kante for a team that conceded less than Chelsea and contributed far more in attack and possession than Kante. If any of our attackers had done the business last year he would have received more plaudits for it.

Also Herrera HAS been in excellent form previous to last season for United. His level at the end of the 14/15 season was extremely high when LVG used the 4-3-3. He was masterful in the Juanfield match for example, a type of all around midfield display I've never seen from Kante.

Look, this kind of sucks, because it comes across as me crapping on Kante in a thread about Rashford, when in reality I think Kante is an excellent player. However, he is excellent in his work rate and defensive contributions, both of which Herrera matched or superceded him in last season while contributing attacking areas where he dwarfed Kante's contributions. The reality is Kante played in a team that had a far stronger attack than United last year, so his defensive contributions received more attention because the team success was present.

I will say that if Pogba is out until December and Fellaini misses time, Herrera will get a fantastic opportunity to show if he is at or beyond Kante's level in a midfield alongside Matic. So we may well get an answer to that question shortly.
He is without a doubt one of the best midfielders in the world. He's one of Chelsea's best weapons because he helps his team transition from defense to attack quickly by winning the ball a in dangerous areas and running with it quickly.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I don't think Mbappe is carrying Monaco last season, nor do I think Rashford is at same level as Mbappe. Lets just be realistic, both players have high potential, with Mbappe showing abit more maturity, consistency, more proven in CL against big guns, and better stats but in a weaker league

If I give a rating to both, lets say Messi and Ronaldo at 10 (GOAT candidate) Neymar and Suarez at 9.5 (among the best in our generation), Pogba, Geizman and De Gea at 9 (worldclass, probably among top 3 in their position), Kane, Lukaku at 8.5 (guarantee around 30 goals a season, top top class) then Mbappe probably at 8 to 8.5 and Rashford/Martial/Jesus probably at 7.5 to 8

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Sorry but we must have been watching different players because he has that thought process that most top midfielders have shared, that is knowing 4-5 moves in advance and being absolutely aware of the entire team to make the best possible decision. He's obviously far off the standards the likes of Scholes or Modric have set in that regard but he's absolutely on that right path. What has actually stopped him from having a strong impact on the game is us lacking any sort of tactical shape or consistency that will allow him to get the best output from the team. It is what he enjoyed at Juve and lacks at France, and the difference is there to see. For a CM it's utterly important that the rest of the team follows his lead, like a quarterback in NFL. The sooner the entire team can adapt to his style the better it is for us, the man has tremendous vision and the ability to execute that with perfection.

I mean, really, just look his body language and speed of release as soon as he gets the ball, he's got the clarity of how to set an attack in motion and precisely why he's so highly rated. People rave about the likes of Herrera, Mata and Mkhi, and these blokes are so slow in terms on what to do next with the ball it's painful to see. Unless there's an obvious pass they just take a lifetime to think and end up passing it back to Valencia. There's barely any creativity or imagination in their play and they're miles behind Pogba in that regard. Some of the passes and lobs he played last season through the middle to set up our forward were absolutely another level and that is the standard of a top player. We have been pushed down to mediocrity of Moyes dinosaur level footie or van gaal's wait for another century to create a chance style that we have forgotten what to rate higher. It's players who can come up with a moment of magic or imagination who matter the most for any top team. Pogba has that and Martial and Rashford are capable of reaching that level, whereas the others I named will never get above their average standard where are they are only good enough to drive linear predictable attacks and barely ever try anything risky or catch the opposition off guard. It's shocking for players like Mata who is the epitome of safety first football, and is supposed to be a 'creative' player. I was excited when we got us looking at his numbers and thinking finally we have a player who can be our David Silva and cut teams open through the middle but he's not even close to that. [/offtopic]
We clearly are watching different players as Pogba does not have this thought process at all. He is capable of it but most of the time his thought process is more about whether he can get a shot away, or beat a man, or play a Hollywood ball. He is constantly guilty of not playing the right pass or making the right decision at the right time. It is a massive glaring weakness in his game. It's basically the ONLY weakness in his game and often has a huge negative impact on his performance in a game, so I find it really bizarre that anyone could reach the opposite conclusion. When you are resorting to blaming the entire rest of the team and tactical set up to justify one player underperforming, you know you are on the wrong path. Same excuses have been used on here in the past for countless players. If a player's decision making is good, that would by default make them very easily adaptable tactically. Scholes for example slotted in easily to 3 completely different Ferguson teams, in different roles each time.

He is certainly capable of moments of magic and winning a game, but he is not as good as he should be because of his tendency to go looking for these moments too often, when they are simply not there. That is bad decision making. There have been countless times this season alone when he has ignored a simple pass to play a team mate in, in order to try something bordering on ridiculous.

This is absolute bullshit - seriously how can you literally come up with something like that. This is the place United players are rated the highest. If you think people underrated United players in comparison to outsiders (again, I can't digest that thought being in a group of United fans) then god forbid if you ever go outside and see how our players are rated.

This thread would be considered a pisstake anywhere else on the internet, and I'm not saying it is a pisstake but it exists because we rate Rashford higher than anyone else would. Throughout the transfer season people were against buying any foreign quantity including Neymar when we already have a top prospect coming up. Heck, we opposed the transfer of Van Persie because we wanted Welbeck to lead the line. You will not get higher ratings for United players anywhere else on the internet, which is obvious given its the United forum but it's hilarious to think non United players will be rated more on here.

About time some of you get your head out of these crap conspiracy theories of people rating players based on nationalities and amazingly their name's spellings. Everyone here has watched as much as everyone else here and no one is a casual fan per say who would talk like that - that's the level you find in facebook, twitter etc discussions, not on a proper forum where people's content is judged before they are allowed to participate in main forums.

People rate players who take their teams deep into CL, win leagues and perform highly in that in comparison players of a team finishing 6th and barely looking like title contenders until this season - shock, horror. Our squad has been bang average right since Fergie's last days and there's no bias of any kind in that. Your post would make sense if someone the likes of Mata and Mkhi were driving us to the top titles. Of course we were excited during their transfers because naturally we hope the transfer to work out perfectly but it's not always the case. Mata was two-time Chelsea player of the season and at one point one of the best players in the league, he hasn't shown that level even once at United, there's no mystery in why his ratings went down after his transfer. The likes of Pogba, Bailly and now Lukaku haven't had that dip - because they have performed to the expectations or at least shown enough promise. Stop coming up with seriously insane theories like United players not being rated in a United forum, it makes no sense. In fact if a player isn't being his own club's fans that only means he simply hasn't delivered, fans are the last group in the world who would go against their own players.
You claim it's complete bullshit, yet in your previous post which I've just quoted, this is literally exactly what you have done. You dedicated an entire mini rant to doing the EXACT thing which you then in your very next post claim to be bullshit :lol: ...you've even used the exact same two players that I named as examples to do it!

Not only that, but then you go and do the exact same thing again with Mata in THIS post. Mata's "numbers" have actually been better at United than they were at Chelsea.... Chelsea also did not win or contend for the league while Mata was there, and even failed to finish 4th during one of these player of the year seasons.

Yet you are claiming he was a better player for Chelsea than for United. He is the same player. Again, really bizarre how you reach your conclusions. You call something bullshit then dedicate a massive paragraph to showcasing to everyone exactly why it isn't bullshit at all.

This is also exactly why you are setting up Mbappe for a massive fall. Placing stupid, non reality based expectations on him, then having to try and defend yourself or ignore reality if and when he doesn't live up to them.

There is no unfair comparison at all with comparing two teenagers who have done everything they possibly could have at the stage in their career which they are at. The idea Rashford would be nothing if he wasn't a United player is even more stupid than everything else you've come out with. If a player at Liverpool for example had helped them to three major trophies with match winning goals and performances, scored winning goals against Chelsea, Arsenal, Everton, etc...and regularly put in MOTM performances, at the age of 19, the idea I wouldn't know of or rate said player is so stupid I don't even know why I'm having to bother pointing the stupidity of it out. There would almost definitely be a thread on here with someone like you calling us all idiots for comparing one of our own players to him.

I don't actually care if he is or will be as good as Mbappe or vice versa, because it is simply not possible to know this one way or the other at this point in time, let alone be aggressive about your certainty of it.

El Jefe

In the future who knows but right now its clear as day he's not as good as Mbappe.

Some posters on this forum have a hard time accepting reality. If an opposing player is better than ours it doesn't have to be seen a slight on our player. The same behaviour was shown in the comical Herrera vs Kante thread.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
I'm not sure what Herrera vs Kante has to do with anything or why that would even be a remotely relevant thing to debate in the first place. I'm guessing it came about after the United vs Chelsea game.

I'm fairly certain a majority of people mouthing off about Mbappe haven't watched him play nearly as much as they'll pretend they have though, because their impression of him seems to be severely warped. In the way it would be say, if you watched a youtube highlight reel. People just like to jump on a bandwagon to try and prove they know about something.

Then again we have one person describing Paul Pogba as basically the complete opposite of what he actually is. People seem to just see what the want even when they do watch things at times.

Red4Life_#7

It's also hard to compare as Rashford has more defensive responsibilities than Mbappe. They are both huge talents and have their own individuals pluses. Rashford's game looks more restricted than Mbappes and Mbappe comes across more confident... they both need more time to develop.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
I'm not sure what Herrera vs Kante has to do with anything or why that would even be a remotely relevant thing to debate in the first place. I'm guessing it came about after the United vs Chelsea game.

I'm fairly certain a majority of people mouthing off about Mbappe haven't watched him play nearly as much as they'll pretend they have though, because their impression of him seems to be severely warped. In the way it would be say, if you watched a youtube highlight reel. People just like to jump on a bandwagon to try and prove they know about something.

Then again we have one person describing Paul Pogba as basically the complete opposite of what he actually is. People seem to just see what the want even when they do watch things at times.
That works both ways, I am sure plenty in here on both sides have not watched that much of him, especially outside of Europe.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Again though I watched Monaco quite a bit last season and there wasn't a single occasion where he was carrying them. They had a number of very good players, many of who were much better at managing/controlling a game than Mbappe, and they played very well as a team...hence why they've lost a lot of those players and had to fend off interest for others. Mbappe was a very exciting talent in that team.

History is already being re-written because reading this thread you would think it was Mbappe carrying a bunch of semi professionals on his back all season and dragging them single handedly through the Champions league.
Exactly.

Also I wouldn't extend that term to a player that doesn't dominate in the buildup. A striker is inherently dependent on great service. Those who truly carry or dominate or 'wreck' run the show. IMO at least.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
So i'm guessing all the professionals that voted to get Mbappe into the Ballon d'Or shortlist watched a youtube highlight reel and jumped on a bandwagon to try and prove they know about something.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots

Yeah but then the CAF also has a severe case of chinese whispers. You say one thing, one poster completely ignores the base message of your post and argues something else and then others jump on the bandwagon i.e. your point regarding Mbappe carrying a bunch of semi-pro's which I don't actually recall anyone making.

United fans seem to be especially precious about anyone daring to rate a youngster or any up and coming footballer from another club. The hatred shown to players like Coutinho, the way everyone was shitting on Kane and Morata, then Kante.

Bottom line is, if a new talent comes from France and one comes from England, historically speaking which one is going to be more likely to live up to the hype? the english are notorious for championing their own above and beyond their actual ability level (severely guilty of this myself - being a proud englishman) and this thread is a case in point where it is pretty clear who is the better player in the here and now, yet it is being argued in some quarters it is a 'subjective' opinion. It isn't subjective at all, to anyone who can have a decent understanding of the game and isn't biased, Mbappe is the better player as of now. To argue Rashford will end up the better player is a fair opinion, but to argue he is superior or on equal terms right now is for me not a valid opinion and one I highly doubt any non-United fan would come up with.

Your posts in general are always great noodle, but think you've misread the thread and points people have tried to make.

amolbhatia50k

I think Mbappe is better. I think Rashford can be an excellent player but I don't think he's a top tier talent. From what I've seen Mbappe has a picture of what he wants to do very quickly which stands out, and he appears to be a very good finisher too. Rashford is really good at a lot of things but I don't think he's incredible at any one of them.

From the ones I've seen, Martial and Dembele have a similar level of talent to Mbappe. For what they dont have in the quick decision making, they have in their supreme technical qualities. So I don't really see him as an absurd talent noone comes close to. But I do see as bigger talent than Rashford as of now.

At the same time, what @noodlehair said was spot on. It's too early for any of this to be that relevant. People are just too quick to want to have someone to hero worship or praise to the skies, or even use to belittle othes.

amolbhatia50k

Yeah but then the CAF also has a severe case of chinese whispers. You say one thing, one poster completely ignores the base message of your post and argues something else and then others jump on the bandwagon i.e. your point regarding Mbappe carrying a bunch of semi-pro's which I don't actually recall anyone making.

United fans seem to be especially precious about anyone daring to rate a youngster or any up and coming footballer from another club. The hatred shown to players like Coutinho, the way everyone was shitting on Kane and Morata, then Kante.

Bottom line is, if a new talent comes from France and one comes from England, historically speaking which one is going to be more likely to live up to the hype? the english are notorious for championing their own above and beyond their actual ability level (severely guilty of this myself - being a proud englishman) and this thread is a case in point where it is pretty clear who is the better player in the here and now, yet it is being argued in some quarters it is a 'subjective' opinion. It isn't subjective at all, to anyone who can have a decent understanding of the game and isn't biased, Mbappe is the better player as of now. To argue Rashford will end up the better player is a fair opinion, but to argue he is superior or on equal terms right now is for me not a valid opinion and one I highly doubt any non-United fan would come up with.

Your posts in general are always great noodle, but think you've misread the thread and points people have tried to make.
Yeah English and United players only get overrated. There's definitely no underrating/dismissing of them at all on the caf.

And there's nothing "especially precious" about United fans. That's a bizarre thing to say. It's probbaly because you spend so much time of a United forum and get more involved in arguments on these topics that they become more obvious and relevant to you so as to draw such broad (and wrong) generalisations. Also, hatred for Coutinho?! I wonder why that would be :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.