Rashford - New contract or sell?

What to do with Marcus Rashford...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Would be interesting to see how different the poll results would be now with his form having improved.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
If he's going to leave on a free in 2024 then selling him might be the least worst option however good he is. We are in the West Ham Rice position.

Rolaholic

More negative United tweets! :lol:
?

The president of another top club is publicly talking up a move for one of our stars, is that not newsworthy or relevant to this thread?

If he signs an extension I'll post that the second I see it happens as well :lol:, not sure what you're on about with negative tweets in different threads

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
This poll astonishes me. We are talking about a kid who came through the academy and loves this club. Not to mention the fact that he's a fantastic footballer. You don't give up on a PROVEN academy player after one bad season. My guess is most who voted to sell are some what new to being United supporters. Unbelievable...

TheReligion

Abusive
?

The president of another top club is publicly talking up a move for one of our stars, is that not newsworthy or relevant to this thread?

If he signs an extension I'll post that the second I see it happens as well :lol:, not sure what you're on about with negative tweets in different threads
I just constantly see you posting tweets all over the Caf and they all seem to be doom and gloom for United fans. Perhaps just coincidence.

Tag me in some positive ones chap. Can’t be bothered with the negative vibes and speculation :D

Rolaholic

I just constantly see you posting tweets all over the Caf and they all seem to be doom and gloom for United fans. Perhaps just coincidence.

Tag me in some positive ones chap. Can’t be bothered with the negative vibes and speculation :D
I'll update posts in the transfer threads with whatever news I find. Sometimes they're beneficial to United but sometimes we're not in the picture. It's not on purpose or anything, just what's being reported at the time :lol:.

Rest assured, whenever there's positive United transfer news/links, I make sure to post those as well.

Lately there haven't been too many United links this WC break period outside of the Dutch ones from the summer. I'm sure that will change as soon as the WC is over and the winter transfer window is on the horizon.

TheReligion

Abusive
I'll update posts in the transfer threads with whatever news I find. Sometimes they're beneficial to United but sometimes we're not in the picture. It's not on purpose or anything, just what's being reported at the time :lol:.

Rest assured, whenever there's positive United transfer news/links, I make sure to post those as well.

Lately there haven't been too many United links this WC break period outside of the Dutch ones from the summer. I'm sure that will change as soon as the WC is over and the winter transfer window is on the horizon.
No problems. I’ve forgiven you already.

Threesus

It’s not a bad thing to sell him this summer, tbh. A break up will be good for both parties, I think. Me personally, don’t think we are winning any major trophies with him in our team. I feel the same about martial too.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
We’ve got barely any attacking options, he’s finally enjoying his football, and the manager rates him. He’s going nowhere.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
He’s going nowhere. He’ll sign an extension. Anyone wanting him to leave in the last year, I thought was properly mental and fickle, anyone still wanting him to leave now after his resurgence, is just downright fecking stupid.

Strats

He’s going nowhere. He’ll sign an extension. Anyone wanting him to leave in the last year, I thought was properly mental and fickle, anyone still wanting him to leave now after his resurgence, is just downright fecking stupid.
The criticism he got for his performances and attitude was more than valid. He was absolutely awful, for quite some time.

Hopefully he can show some consistency in his performances from now on. Will be interesting to see how he does for the rest of the season.

Also, Al-Khelaifi can feck off.

Dravy

Don't think he'll go anywhere, but I think for those of us in the "sell" camp it's just a matter of another player who basically flatters to deceive each time we get anywhere near contract negotiations. Martial tends to be another one who magically finds form towards the final years of his contract.

Rashford would by no means be a waste of money keeping, but considering what we need at centre forward, and how stacked we are for wingers who are capable of playing on the left, can we really scoff at the idea of selling him; especially in a rich vein of form?

He relies heavily on his pace, which will eventually fade and then we're gambling on him developing either a strikers instinct, or bettering his decision making which even at his current level has already been questioned by many fans.

I don't dislike him, quite the contrary; but for me it's become more about the balance in the squad, and not allowing the romance of the academy further the lack of ruthlessness we've shown in squad building for many years. It's no doubt a gamble though, when considering we could use the money for a much better fit up top.

Fridge chutney

Absolutely this.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
This poll astonishes me. We are talking about a kid who came through the academy and loves this club. Not to mention the fact that he's a fantastic footballer. You don't give up on a PROVEN academy player after one bad season. My guess is most who voted to sell are some what new to being United supporters. Unbelievable...
Academy or not academy shouldn't be matter. What matter is what the player put on the pitch whether good enough or no. If the player is being lazy, academy or not academy player shouldn't be getting special treatment especially when the player is getting 200k p/w. These players should be using any kinds of criticism as their motivation to be better.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
The criticism he got for his performances and attitude was more than valid. He was absolutely awful, for quite some time.

Hopefully he can show some consistency in his performances from now on. Will be interesting to see how he does for the rest of the season.

Also, Al-Khelaifi can feck off.
Criticism is one thing. But wanting to him him off when he’s in poor form, was just myopic, knee jerkism that internet fans are most famous for. Anyone who watched him come through and watched his development as a player, would know what a talent he is, and know that players go through tough patches and can come out the other side rediscovering their form or going to greater heights. Criticism isn’t the issue, it was always the “Rashford is shit”, “he’ll never be good enough”, “we should sell him/he should feck off” crowd that was the embarrassment.

So I stick with what I specifically said. Anyone who wanted him gone from the club when he was in bad form, was mental (and I’ll add, just symptomatic of how little most modern fans understand the game), and anyone who wants him gone now, as we witness his resurgence, is just fecking stupid.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Criticism is one thing. But wanting to him him off when he’s in poor form, was just myopic, knee jerkism that internet fans are most famous for. Anyone who watched him come through and watched his development as a player, would know what a talent he is, and know that players go through tough patches and can come out the other side rediscovering their form or going to greater heights. Criticism isn’t the issue, it was always the “Rashford is shit”, “he’ll never be good enough”, “we should sell him/he should feck off” crowd that was the embarrassment.

So I stick with what I specifically said. Anyone who wanted him gone from the club when he was in bad form, was mental (and I’ll add, just symptomatic of how little most modern fans understand the game), and anyone who wants him gone now, as we witness his resurgence, is just fecking stupid.
Keep writing he's some major footballing talent, maybe you'll convince a couple more people beyond the blind fanboys.

He's got useful attributes but the way some of you spout this nonsense as if he's on the level of a Kane is outrageous. If not for a freak sequence of injuries, he might never have played for us because the club itself didn't rate him

Rolaholic

Aye he's definitely getting tapped up by major club presidents because he's an untalented fluke without 100 goals to his name at 25

wolvored

If we could get 80 mill for him in January and could get Gakpo and another striker for 120 I would let him go.

Luka Mora

Doesn't make any sense to get rid our one of brightest homegrown assets who is just coming back into form when he's only 25 and still room to grow and improve as a footballer.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
His form has really picked up and I think he’s close to his best again which is great to see. I this form he’s a real asset and I would change my vote to keep. However, if someone was to come in with a big offer £80 million plus I’d still be tempted to sell. We could easily reinvest that into building a better collective team.

Dazzmondo

Strange for PSG to make such an outright statement if there's nothing in it. I'm definitely concerned by the potential for the Glazers to sell some of our most valuable players so they can take a last chunk of money out of the club now they're looking to sell it. Obviously I don't want Rashford sold and the poll results even after 1 bad season are pretty shocking tbh. This is a player who got at least 20 goals in each of the previous 2 seasons. Careful what you wish for.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
It shouldn't surprise you. We are in the FIFA and FM generation of football fans, where progression is linear, players have numbered ratings you can easily see, and every transfer works as long as you have enough money or save scum.

shaky

It shouldn't surprise you. We are in the FIFA and FM generation of football fans, where progression is linear, players have numbered ratings you can easily see, and every transfer works as long as you have enough money or save scum.
Or, you know, maybe some people just think his wage demands are going to be unreasonable for a player of his talent. Should we give him an extra £100k a week just because he's "one of our own"?

Status
Not open for further replies.