2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

5.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

lex talionis

Even assuming Rashford, Antony and Bruno were purring all in top form, who among them instinctively look to set up a CF for scoring chances? Those three look to shoot first, then look for the pass. I like Hojlund and see a bright future for him, but based on ETH’s management I don’t how Hojlund develops as a striker unless he drops Rashford and Bruno and goes with Garnacho, Mount and Pellistri — none of whom who are world beaters but all of whom look for the pass and are willing to work for the team.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Even assuming Rashford, Antony and Bruno were purring all in top form, who among them instinctively look to set up a CF for scoring chances? Those three look to shoot first, then look for the pass. I like Hojlund and see a bright future for him, but based on ETH’s management I don’t how Hojlund develops as a striker unless he drops Rashford and Bruno and goes with Garnacho, Mount and Pellistri — none of whom who are world beaters but all of whom look for the pass and are willing to work for the team.
Dunno about wondering who's going to make the chances then dropping Bruno. With Rashford bang out of form and Garnacho doing his best work off the bench, I'd like to see how a Mount, Hojlund, Antony front three would do, though.

Having somebody on that left wing who makes the right decision with the ball more often than not would be refreshing, at least.

lex talionis

Dunno about wondering who's going to make the chances then dropping Bruno. With Rashford bang out of form and Garnacho doing his best work off the bench, I'd like to see how a Mount, Hojlund, Antony front three would do, though.

Having somebody on that left wing who makes the right decision with the ball more often than not would be refreshing, at least.
I'm on board with trying something different and if it's Mount and Antony and no Rashford or Bruno that's good enough for me. But Antony has been badly off form and of course needs to work on his match fitness so I'm not sure going with him makes sense until team performance reaches an acceptable standard, which of course may be never.

I don't like Mount over Garnacho at LW but it's worth a shot, but if we do drop Bruno then it has to be Mount in his place (Martial is shattered and only deserves mop up time on the pitch). Another way to go, if we're terrified of Garnacho starting but are committed to dropping Rashford for a few games, is to go ahead with Mount at LW, Antony at RW (my trepidation notwithstanding) and going with Hannibal or even Donny at ACM. Donny has been shit in deeper positions but in the final third his instinct is to make the pass (and not take the hopeless shot from Jupiter a la Rashford, Antony and Bruno), which is what Hojlund needs if he's going to thrive. I'd prefer Hannibal but if ETH doesn't trust Hanninal in tight spaces then give Donny a shot, at least against the bus parkers of the world. Even if either puts in wordlie performances it's only a matter of 3-4 matches at most that ETH will bring back Rashford and Bruno, but if ETH does exactly that and we return to shit form I would recommend raiding the local hardware store for pitchforks.

mu4c_20le

It’s probably a bit unfair to expect a young player with very little experience to come in and be relied upon as the main striker at Manchester United. I know people get bored of talk like this, but Sir Alex would never have put so much pressure on a young player, he would have brought a young player into a team that was already functioning well, and where that player could be eased in as and when appropriate, and given a break from it when needed.
Didn't SAF force the #7 shirt on an 18 year old Ronaldo? Who was brought in to replace none other than David Beckham...

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
If anyone needs me I will be in this thread and only this thread.

laughtersassassin

Unbelievable performance. Ruined by the shower of shit around him.

He can hold his head up high. No one else can

Mike Smalling

I feel extremely bad for him. Supposed to be his big night, but the absolute fecking jokers at the back took that away from him. Considering what he had to work with, it was a majestic performance.

L1nk

2 goals, excellent hold up play tonight and signs that he is actually ready. People need to accept he's going to be up and down because he's young and getting used to a new league. Don't be surprised to see him play worse in the next game people just need to be patient, he has it.

Sara125

So sorry for him that his hard work and football intelligence has been undone by a bunch of clowns. Get the feeling this won’t be the first match I say this this season.

Gaidal

Should leave in january before we suck all his quality away as well. The only decent player we have these days.

Zoo

His time in the limelight stolen. Doesn’t deserve this

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
I don’t have a clue what people are seeing with Hojlund. He’s a brilliant prospect. Fantastic talent.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Why? He’s crap and not what Utd need, trouble is ETH will not drop him, he’s a bad signing.
You were advocating and hoping that a female got sexually abused just so Antony wouldn't play for the club again.

It's an abhorrent and disgusting comment,

Roboc7

The one positive, moments of real class despite the shot show all around him.

Winrar

Only player that can indubitably come away with his head held high after the disasterclass today

Alemar

The only positive today. I gave him 8/10 despite the loss. 2 goals, also 1 disallowed goal. Excellent today

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I feel extremely bad for him. Supposed to be his big night, but the absolute fecking jokers at the back took that away from him. Considering what he had to work with, it was a majestic performance.
It just makes me sad. This should’ve been his breakout night. He played so well and it’s just going to be forgotten because of the pathetic mess his team got themselves into.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
And so begins the sucking away of any enthusiasm he has. Graveyard for footballers now.

Abraxas

Diamond of a talent. Incredible what nonsense some were talking after one game with a few bits of sloppy play in. He's got stuff to iron out but he's top tier striking material.

Lyng

I feel bad for Rasmus. Immense performance. Could have been his big night but sadly it wasnt to be.

avgp_1

That performance deserved better. His teammates have let him down.

Red Rash

Very good striker performance and not far from getting a hat trick. Unfortunately the team around him is so dysfunctional.

Superunknown

Really enjoyed watching him tonight. Great performance. Let down by the players at the other end of the pitch.

saik

Only guy who can hold his head high after todays game. People were so quick to write him off after the weekend. Proper #9 performance today and he is still only 20 years old. Shame he had so much shower of shite playing behind him today.