Rasmus Højlund | Signed for United

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hester_manc

Some of you look too much at his stats for this season, but completely forget the background behind them. Højlund joined Atalanta this summer from Sturm Graz, before that he played for FC Copenhagen. So before last summer he has only played in the minor leagues. This season was his first in one of the major European leagues. He spent the autumn getting settled in Italy. He had to learn the language, the style of play and adapt to the level. He has actually managed all that in a fairly short time, if you think about it. He spent an autumn. After that, he started scoring regularly. When things were going very well for him, he was injured. It ruined his good rhythm a little, but he is starting to score goals and play well again.

So there is a story hidden behind the stats, and you can't just look at them. It's too black and white.

He is only 20 years old and has adapted to a big league in a short time. He has also started scoring for the national team (5 goals in the last 2 games). He is a typical number 9 that we really miss. He can head, is fast, is good at finishing, is hardworking and adaptable.

I believe in him if he comes to United. I would not be surprised, if he can already score 15-17 goals in a whole season in the PL.

BAMSOLA

Has issues!
Supports
A Crack Habit.
Some of you look too much at his stats for this season, but completely forget the background behind them. Højlund joined Atalanta this summer from Sturm Graz, before that he played for FC Copenhagen. So before last summer he has only played in the minor leagues. This season was his first in one of the major European leagues. He spent the autumn getting settled in Italy. He had to learn the language, the style of play and adapt to the level. He has actually managed all that in a fairly short time, if you think about it. He spent an autumn. After that, he started scoring regularly. When things were going very well for him, he was injured. It ruined his good rhythm a little, but he is starting to score goals and play well again.

So there is a story hidden behind the stats, and you can't just look at them. It's too black and white.

He is only 20 years old and has adapted to a big league in a short time. He has also started scoring for the national team (5 goals in the last 2 games). He is a typical number 9 that we really miss. He can head, is fast, is good at finishing, is hardworking and adaptable.

I believe in him if he comes to United. I would not be surprised, if he can already score 15-17 goals in a whole season in the PL.
This having watched him for Atalanta this season he has all the tools to become a complete striker given time and can contribute good numbers in the short term also. Definately one we should buy.

Nwoko

As a Dane, I’ve seen Højlund play several times; he’s raw and his play is up and down as most youngsters. But he has some special attributes which can take him to the top, but if we sign him this summer, we would need to be very patient for atleast a year or two.

Lee565

After today's and this seasons showing, I hope this is not the answer to resolving our need for a furst 11 striker

jesperjaap

Personally think that is all good in terms of signing the player. Dot really know him but if he is young, has the right tools and is showing ltos of ability, especially in a first season abroad in a major league, that is promising...disagree with others "too young, not ready"....everyone said that about Camavings and lots saying that about Orban too.

The issue I see more, is all that you are stating are as well as positives, reasons why that fee is very high but I get there is a shortage of quality young strikers and the football world, especially te premiershpi is absolute bokers and quite disguting in a way that a player showing ability and promise over a season costs £50m or over. SOme of the premiershpi fees for such players over the last couple of years are pure madness, the worry is, so far, most havent justified them at all either

Ish

Lights on for Luke
The fact that we don't have a bottomless pit of money is what makes this worrying assuming we only have 100-110m or so.

Ideally

Out: McT (30M), In Mount (45M): -15M
Out: Maguire (20M given we have to pay him 10m or so), In: Kim Min Jae (50M): -30M.

That leaves us with another 60-65M tops? We're not getting Kane for that money let alone both Kane and this guy. If we get him, we're not going for Kane.
Hopefully a few more sales with the likes of Fred, Martial, Henderson, VdB, Elanga etc. High wages might mean we struggle moving a few on (as usual) but yeah, hoping the above could scrape together another £40-£50m which could go towards transfers.

Trex

How old was Jesus when City signed him. I remember he went straight into the team ahead of Aguero for a while before Aguero adapted to Pep demands. If you're good enough you're old enough. Question is is Hojlund good enough?

The Purley King

I’m sold, let’s get him.
£50m or thereabouts seems reasonable .
Some potential excitement around the CF role would be great I’m bored of watching martial play like he’s on a fag break and Weghorst try so hard but clearly way out of his depth.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Get this guy and get Ferguson next year.

No point getting Kane and then blocking the growth of our squad for the next five when Rashford can deputise as striker if needed. Martial will probably also be here, so we might have 2.5 strikers.

Guv77

Get Hojlund and rotate with Rashford next season, then get Ferguson season after next.

Messier1994

The Swedish Rumble
Højlund playing for Atalanta against Monza right now.

1-0 Atalanta, but Monza seem to be Serie A’s Brighton, so they don’t get to borrow the ball much.

L1nk

He’s playing well, looking strong, holding up play well, bringing people in to play and of course is lightning quick, his decision making needs some work though, fast ball across the box which he almost got to by speed and sliding but just missed

Unfortunately feeding on absolute scraps because Atalanta sitting deep

marktan

How many people here have actually watched him? Got any good videos? In another thread someone was hyping Ferguson and mentioned a Brazil Scout video on him and I watched it and he looked distinctly average in it.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
How many people here have actually watched him? Got any good videos? In another thread someone was hyping Ferguson and mentioned a Brazil Scout video on him and I watched it and he looked distinctly average in it.
The same source has a video:

L1nk

I’d honestly be happy if he just scored these kinds of goals for us and nothing else

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Isak has been brilliant for Newcastle..

offer them 60m and pay it over two installments then it really isn't a major issue financially
Can we stop replying with silly emojis to ideas we disagree with?
This is a forum, it's fine to have different perspectives but the snarky emoji responses are crap for conversation. Use your words.
It's just that every aspect of the idea is daft.

Isak was already signed for about 60m. There is no way they'd sell him at break even to anybody even if they didn't have all the money in the world. They do have all the money in the world. Even discounting all of that, they'd never sell on the cheap to a direct rival as we are now. And the vast majority of transfers are already done in installments so "just give them 60m in a couple of installments" is moot as well.

Not sure all of that needed spelling out, it's just a crazy idea from every angle.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly

I’d honestly be happy if he just scored these kinds of goals for us and nothing else
A third of Haaland’s goals were like this it feels. We need that type of player who gets into prime positions for a tap in.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
This guy has to be one of our top 2 targets this summer. If can’t get Kane then we should be all over this. It makes sense financially and he’s only 20. I can see him becoming a superstar.

Silverman

If we do sign him, surely he won't be the only one. He's very young to be relying on him at this stage.

Von Mistelroum

I like Ferguson, and genuinely think he'll be a very good striker but I think Hojlund will prove to be the better striker.

CM

If we do sign him, surely he won't be the only one. He's very young to be relying on him at this stage.
I get why people might want us to sign two, but I think we'd probably be alright for next season with Hojlund, Martial and Rashford (when he isn't playing on the left) as options for the striker position. The fact that we've got Garnacho and Sancho waiting in the wings means we can afford to use Rashford in a hybrid role depending on the game.

talking robot

I was at the Atalanta game tonight and had a chance to watch him. You can see he has explosive acceleration, quality on the ball, and a high work rate. However, he's also not the finished article and I don't think we could rely on a player like him to score 25-30 goals over a season. His use of space and choices for types of runs need to improve a lot. Maybe with a year or two of coaching under Ten Hag he can get to that level as he certainly has the physical and technical abilities, but I think we'd really need another a goal scorer in addition.

Baxquux

For all their pretty interplay and fluidity, you could see what having a striker with 'attributes',, quick and able to bully defenders, (even if he didn't see much of the goal) did for City yesterday. Someone making space for Rashford to drive or make a run for a through ball, and just generally distract defenders in a way WW just couldn't. would have helped at least 10% more. Not sure what the larger plan is, but in principle I'm sold on this plus a proper short-term, experienced signing before going for Kane again or Osi or whoever next Summer depending on how things shake out...

Status
Not open for further replies.