Rasmus Højlund | Signed for United

Status
Not open for further replies.

croadyman

The problem is, we more or less knew it for a week. And there was no traction on other deals entire week - at all :(
Well it's obvious why Amrabat deal isn't going anywhere because it hinges on sales

TsuWave

He seems to make some great runs, but ffs he had best stop kicking it straight at the keeper!
He's a teenager in a substantial amount of them clips. He has the raw materials/characteristics to become a really good striker - fine-tuning his finishing and calmness in front of goal will come with experience, coaching and practice

ManRed

Hojlunday finally!! Wish he was playing and not just getting revealed. Maybe on sunday?

BoulderDevil

It’s clear this kid has the instinct to get into the right positions. Positions that are impossible to defend if the right pass is made.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Hojlund:

1. Is very young. He just had his breakout season with Atalanta
2. Will need time to adjust to EPL, for sure
3. Gasperini was playing him in 3-4-1-2 system in close partnership upfront with Lookman, which is not similar to systems Erik ten Hag uses.

Fans will need to be patient to let Hojlund settle in. We may not see the best of him until the next season.

croadyman

Anyone know the last player we signed who hadn't any training before playing a game. That's the only reason I just cannot see him featuring at all against Bilbao on Sunday

CG1010

Hojlund:

1. Is very young. He just had his breakout season with Atalanta
2. Will need time to adjust to EPL, for sure
3. Gasperini was playing him in 3-4-1-2 system in close partnership upfront with Lookman, which is not similar to systems Erik ten Hag uses.

Fans will need to be patient to let Hojlund settle in. We may not see the best of him until the next season.
I am sure ETH would look to create a partnership between him and Rashford. While nominally Rashford would play a striker but both will be relatively high up and look to combine and release each other. Not unlike Rashford and Martial partnership before the latter became permanent injured.

Lj82

Why would he not play over the weekend? They are pre season friendlies, aka training matches

croadyman

Why would he not play over the weekend? They are pre season friendlies, aka training matches
No reason but it's just how Erik works,hey would be absolutely delighted to see him make the bench on Sunday

Spaghetti

Mom's
Because if he’s not properly met his teammates, and he doesn’t look totally up to speed, the press and social media will have an absolute field day and really turn on the pressure.

dinostar77

I am sure ETH would look to create a partnership between him and Rashford. While nominally Rashford would play a striker but both will be relatively high up and look to combine and release each other. Not unlike Rashford and Martial partnership before the latter became permanent injured.
He will work nicely with rashford and athony. Both like attacking the halfspace on the left and right respectively. Also hojlund can work the channels if required.

He will be a boost for anthony, as we are still lacking the attacking RB to provide the overlaps that create space for anthony to cut inside.

DarnleyDevil7

Anyone know the last player we signed who hadn't any training before playing a game. That's the only reason I just cannot see him featuring at all against Bilbao on Sunday
Jonny Evans couldn't have had much more than a session before he got the 2nd half against Lyon?

Get Rasmus on for some minutes, that's what friendly matches are for. It will help with the nerves when he comes off the bench against Wolves and he will have better focus

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
I suppose the Mount signing makes sense if Rashford is to spend a lot of time more or less up front with Hojlund. When we have the ball Mount (/Eriksen) pulls out left and Bruno drops in a bit to try to feed the 2 forwards. When we don't have the ball it becomes your common or garden 451.

Glorio

Really suspicious we've had no training pics this week at all. We've almost had daily postings since the lads have been back in training. :smirk:

I'm calling it that Rasmus trained Friday, possibly a bit on Thursday too. :drool:

Strelok

Probably just me but tbh I don't really like the unveiling in a full OT. Just add unnecessary pressure for the lad imo. I know it's all about PR and clicks but I'd prefer it to be more quiet. Hope he's the type who is immune to all the noises and pressure.

Status
Not open for further replies.