Rasmus Højlund | Signed for United

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trex

The rings dudes, yes.

Hoylund doesn‘t need shoulders and arms like that, unless he‘s planning to do a goal celebration routine spinning off the top bar of the goal.

A lot of gymnasts look trimmed off, not bulky at all. Kinda like what a perfect athletic body could look like cause it is in shape all over.
Hojlund is already physically developed though. I wouldn't want him getting any bigger at all otherwise he becomes Lukaku.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Really appreciate this. I think it shows he stacks up well.

More importantly as other users suggested so much of it is about consistently getting into the right positions.
Exactly, biggest challenge for any striker/goalscorer is to get into positions to get so many chances. He has done very well to get so many chances.

RuudTom83

Truth be told, his first match in a United shirt will be the first minutes 99% of the cafe have ever seen him play. (myself included)

After that match the real discussions can begin...so far we are feeding off youtube scraps.

croadyman

Truth be told, his first match in a United shirt will be the first minutes 99% of the cafe have ever seen him play. (myself included)

After that match the real discussions can begin...so far we are feeding off youtube scraps.
Yeah that is very true

croadyman

Think the fact no Utd journos have mentioned about Sunday suggests we won't see him play until Wolves game

Enigma_87

You know who
That would be defenders plus own goals. Maguire is the only ariel threat we have and he looks on his way out. The fullbacks might score a couple from each side.
Maguire totalled for 0 goals in the last year and 2 in the last 70 games. The only aerial threat he could pose is if he acquires a pilot license.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
The rings dudes, yes.

Hoylund doesn‘t need shoulders and arms like that, unless he‘s planning to do a goal celebration routine spinning off the top bar of the goal.

A lot of gymnasts look trimmed off, not bulky at all. Kinda like what a perfect athletic body could look like cause it is in shape all over.
It’s called the ‘crossbar’.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Hojlund is already physically developed though. I wouldn't want him getting any bigger at all otherwise he becomes Lukaku.
For him it's just learning how to take full advantage of his body compared to others. Takes time. He might get pushed off the ball here and there at first, but he'll just get stronger on his feet, not necessarily bulking up.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
The rings dudes, yes.

Just to be clear, I wasn't insinuating that he did. I was just picking up on the point that gymnasts weren't bulky. When a lot of them are bloody huge! But yeah, footballers in no way need to be that big. I remember Lukaku getting fecking huge for us for some reason. Way too big.

SAFMUTD

It's Friday just announce him ffs. I want some piano Alexis Sanchez kind of presentation shit.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
That's not a good look and what worries me the most about him. His decision making is severely lacking (he's dreadful with 1 on 1 with the keeper and he often runs into blind alleys when dribling). Hope I'm wrong 'cause he seems a great character and I respect his courage and determination, but unfortunately I just dont see it with him.
I’m not sure how you watch that and see the negative side of it. Very good movement, great ball striking, some very good goalkeeping. His finishing still needs some polishing no doubt. He isn’t even the finished article yet but there were some very good signs in that video.

peridigm

It's done. He's a United player. No need to worry. Letting the young man stroll out in front of fans at Old Trafford will be great for him. He's a United fan and it will boost his confidence for the start of the season.

croadyman

It's done. He's a United player. No need to worry. Letting the young man stroll out in front of fans at Old Trafford will be great for him. He's a United fan and it will boost his confidence for the start of the season.
True,just a bit frustrating we won't see him again until the Wolves game

Hoof the ball

Strength and power work is a significant part of a routine for professional footballer.

Hypertrophic work is not a significant part of a routine for a professional footballer.

Don't conflate them. Low volume and low rep work with high weight can render a player considerably stronger in a short period of time without even noticeable bulk added.

The only reason people sporadically urge players to bulk up is because they incorrectly assume that bulk is directly proportionate to strength gains.

It's not. This is why Saka is noticeably stronger whilst still being slight.

A player will come into the new season looking stronger in physical duels despite looking the same. That's because muscle mass increase can be minimised whilst gaining more strength.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
That's not a good look and what worries me the most about him. His decision making is severely lacking (he's dreadful with 1 on 1 with the keeper and he often runs into blind alleys when dribling). Hope I'm wrong 'cause he seems a great character and I respect his courage and determination, but unfortunately I just dont see it with him.
Top strikers get into the right positions, he does.

I remember a quote in the SAF era about a player that was getting 6 chances but scoring 2 goals. He said something along the lines of they're doing everything right if they're getting 6 chances.

You can teach how to finish in shooting drills, you can't really teach positioning like that. It's why Haaland and Ronaldo are freaks of getting so many goals in a season, they're ruthless and right place right time.

Blood Mage

Honestly Scamacca looked more exciting prior to his move to the PL and it's safe to say he's been a disaster at West Ham

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Is it possible he plays this weekend or is that an absolute no chance. I know he’s not officially been announced but his medical his passed. Or does he have to wait for his visa and stuff.

Hoof the ball

Is it possible he plays this weekend or is that an absolute no chance. I know he’s not officially been announced but his medical his passed. Or does he have to wait for his visa and stuff.
If he's introduced on Saturday, there's no reason he can't get limited minutes on Sunday. None whatsoever.

He's played all pre-season with Atalanta, he's sharp and fit right now, and getting 10-15 minutes is not going to be detrimental in the slightest, either to him or the team.

So, yes, I expected he'll get some exposure in either game at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.