Rasmus Højlund | Signed for United

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
If the asking price is serious, might as well just fork out for Osimhen.

Given Hojlund is a huge Utd fan I'm sure we can convince him to kick up a fuss if needed.
If they are serious, it means they don’t want to sell. Simple as that really.

croadyman

£100m will be enough for either, let’s be serious not chairman is turning down £100m for Kane with 1 year or Osimhen if he’s pushing to leave. It’s probably a bad deal for us but there aren’t that many top strikers these days and we are desperate for one.
Kane interest has ended for this summer and we have baulked at the price for Osimhen. Maybe if Erik wasn't so obsessed with Mount we could have got GK and top striker.

ForeverRed1

In 4 years time.
Then so be it. I’m sure they’ll sell sooner once the contract goes down and he makes it clear he won’t be signing a new one. We can’t keep letting clubs mug us off. 70mil for mount and 86mil for hoj, they’re probably both worth about half with current situations.

L1nk

Then so be it. I’m sure they’ll sell sooner once the contract goes down and he makes it clear he won’t be signing a new one. We can’t keep letting clubs mug us off. 70mil for mount and 86mil for hoj, they’re probably both worth about half with current situations.
We’ve created our own situation by practically mugging ourselves off with past signings unfortunately

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
If they are serious, it means they don’t want to sell. Simple as that really.
Nah, it means they've seen us being priced out of our first targets and realize we've likely not got many other options to turn to. Striker market is tumescent right now.

tomaldinho1

Kane interest has ended for this summer and we have baulked at the price for Osimhen. Maybe if Erik wasn't so obsessed with Mount we could have got GK and top striker.
We don’t know what ETH is saying or doing, it’s clear there’s some interest in Mount but I do think everyone’s just waiting for ownership clarity which is taking too long. Glazers final act of sabotage will be to ruin this transfer window.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Only way we get main targets is too over spend though so it’s a catch 22
I agree to an extent. I'd rather see us overspend on guaranteed goals than raw, unproven talent though. Makes us passing on Haaland under Ole look even more sensible right now.

croadyman

We don’t know what ETH is saying or doing, it’s clear there’s some interest in Mount but I do think everyone’s just waiting for ownership clarity which is taking too long. Glazers final act of sabotage will be to ruin this transfer window.
They have definitely succeeded in sabotaging it

2Injurytimegoal

I would rather we allin for a better striker rather than a potential.

9 goals in 32 games (not sure if it includes any penalty) is obvious not good enough for a club that want to challenge the top in Europe and EPL.

Qatar in or not, we should rather pay whatever Napoli ask for.

zaafi

I've got to be honest and say this Højlund lad doesn't excite me in any of the clips I've seen. He's young and scored a handful of goals, but I don't see anything about his touch, movement, hold up or finishing that shouts out huge potential. £35m is a sizeable gamble (given we don't seem to have a lot of cash to splash right now) on someone that might not find his feet in the PL. But I could be wrong and he might soon be banging in 20+ goals in the league.
That's interesting because it is precisely his movement and hold up that shouts huge potential. His finishing is fine for a 20 year old striker and so is his touch. He's no Haaland, but he's certainly got more to his game than most of the strikers we've been linked to, although still raw.

He probably won't score more than 10-15 goals in his debut season, but he's a massive improvement on Weghorst.

RatPack

People keep mentioning finished product and guaranteed goals.

Except for maybe Kane please inform who you are thinking of as I do not even believe that even Osimhen will be guaranteed goals.

I think we need to realise that we will only get one striker and I do not see it being Kane or Osimhen.

So do anyone have actual suggestions for a striker we would possible be able to get this transfer window.

L1nk

Still believe this gets done at a reasonable price if we are serious about him and we see his potential. We might only value him at a certain amount and move on quickly thougu if we won’t go higher, which is a shame

bosskeano

It is mental how the price just inflates massively the second we are interested.
funny to considering Liverpool seem to not have that issue nor does Arsenal typically....does seem to be exclusively a United problem. City doesn't count b/c we know they cheat.

zaafi

9 goals in 32 games (not sure if it includes any penalty) is obvious not good enough for a club that want to challenge the top in Europe and EPL.

Again, it's not 32 full games. It's 1834 minutes which is around 20 full games. That makes it almost one goal every other game.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
overpriced at 60m - needs more data and therefore another season.

Would rather spend 80-90mil on Him when he is a sure product than do so when he is a gamble.

Valencia Shin Crosses

I generally would yeah

We have around 120m budget plus sales right? selling Maguire (25m), Henderson (30m), Elanga (15m), McTominay (30m) will bring in around 100m or so.

220m budget id spend 130m on Osimhen, 60m on Costa, Rabiot (Free) leaving us 30m or so towards a defender maybe

Much better window than Rasmus and Mount we’ve filled 2 of our most needed positions with 2 of the best prospects in Europe.
Think that’s a bit optimistic on the budget and our ability to sell quickly and efficiently, but fair enough you aren’t far off. Personally think not getting a midfielder in outside of Rabiot would be serious neglect of the position but I can understand you preferring a striker. Again I also don’t think it’s as simple as just sending the fee Napolis way. They just won the league and have an owner worse than Levy when it comes to negotiating.

croadyman

Yeah or Spurs but too late on that one

2Injurytimegoal

Again, it's not 32 full games. It's 1834 minutes which is around 20 full games. That makes it almost one goal every other game.
Thanks for correcting me, but he is still not worth the money Atlanta asking for.

We need a VPS signing, who can scoring 20+ goals in leauge and 10+goals in UCL/Cups.

I don't want we again stuck with expensive/overated players for years, like Lukaku.

croadyman

Thanks for correcting me, but he is still not worth the money Atlanta asking for.

We need a VPS signing, who can scoring 20+ goals in leauge and 10+goals in UCL/Cups.

I don't want we again stuck with expensive/overated players for years, like Lukaku.
We wouldn't pay for the best option

zaafi

I agree. I just don't think that player is available, other than Kane. Benzema, had he wanted to play in Premier League with his former team mates over one final paycheck, would have been perfect.

croadyman

I agree. I just don't think that player is available, other than Kane. Benzema, had he wanted to play in Premier League with his former team mates over one final paycheck, would have been perfect.
That's why I don't get ending interest

Belisarius

So what do you suggest then eh
I think maybe we should sign the guy from the German league on a free transfer (Thuram?). Then, these teams won't think us desperate and we can perhaps get Hojlund in on a reasonable fee. If not, maybe Jonathan David. If nobody is willing to sell reasonably I think we go into next season with (Thuram?), Martial and Rashford and spend our available money on other positions. Hopefully sign Kane on a free next year.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
He would be good buy for 50-60m. But anything above that would present a bigger risk, as there is still slight chance he could still turn out shite in PL and its possible that we might have to re-sell him for only 30m.

Status
Not open for further replies.