Rasmus Højlund | Signed for United

Status
Not open for further replies.

b82REZ

I heard that every transfer has to go through an initiation process whereby the person putting forward the deal has to don a mask whilst the six glazers simultaneously give them a paddlin’ and dangle them by the balls, and only if they manage to get through the ordeal without screaming then the transfer gets approved.
I hope you got this verified from the United Stand

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Darwin was wasteful but I wouldn't call his first season for Pool a failure, leaving fan banter aside.
It's a failure if you take into account his price tag otherwise it's fair to remember that Nunez is fairly young player and he clearly has qualities even if he is a bit wild at times. But yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up being a good contributor for Liverpool.

Drainy

It's a failure if you take into account his price tag otherwise it's fair to remember that Nunez is fairly young player and he clearly has qualities even if he is a bit wild at times. But yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up being a good contributor for Liverpool.
I think this is the fair view on Nunez.

tidraKS

"Hojlund has a full deal with Manchester United, the talks between the clubs are done, a verbal proposal has already been made. Very soon the Red Devils will get down to business, approaching 60 million cash and adding bonuses."

How reliable is this Pedulla guy, is he on the same bracket as Fabrizio Romano?

Bondi77

How reliable is this Pedulla guy, is he on the same bracket as Fabrizio Romano?
If someone is saying cash when it comes to transfers then it gives a good indication of how reliable the source is :lol:

Borys

Statistics Wizard
If this is going to be done it would be great to do early as more than most because of his general inexperience I suspect he could do with getting as much a preseason as possible with the club.
I don't think this is so important. Unless Martial is out, Hojlund would be backup anyway for the first few weeks/months.

Betson

I don't think this is so important. Unless Martial is out, Hojlund would be backup anyway for the first few weeks/months.
What are the chances Martial will be unavailable for the start of the season , fairly high I would reckon. Certainly not something you could in anyway rely on.

EricEricDjembaDjemba

There is literally no way Martial is readily available for more than a few weeks at a time. Whoever we sign this window, they will be playing the most minutes up front for us this season.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Martial is injured, petulant and unreliable. It is likelier that he will share the striker position with Rashford

Borys

Statistics Wizard
There is literally no way Martial is readily available for more than a few weeks at a time. Whoever we sign this window, they will be playing the most minutes up front for us this season.
What are the chances Martial will be unavailable for the start of the season , fairly high I would reckon. Certainly not something you could in anyway rely on.
I agree but still Martial will be probably considered first choice striker until Hojlund is eased in.

Crimson King

Sounds like Toney would have been a perfect fit.
Shame he's 7 years older, would cost around the same, and is banned from playing until January.

Højlund is available to play straight away, and has the potential to be a lot better than Toney.

SAF is the GOAT

I agree but still Martial will be probably considered first choice striker until Hojlund is eased in.
Even as a player Martial is not good enough anymore.
He lost all his pace, all his lethal dribbling, the control of the ball.
The only thing he does better than others is hold up the ball that we lack massively. Apart from that he doesn't give us anything

glasgow 21

What doesn't surprises me here is like after 6 weeks amnesia sets in with some supporters think Martial can still do a job for us. He is a sick note and replaces Phil Jones for the next 2 years taking another 26m in wages till his contract expires, stealing a living, until a move to the Saudia league.

Brightonian

I found this interesting. None of the information in it is new to me but to see it all put together like that was illuminating. Makes me feel better about the fees being floated for Hojlund - who I really rate based on the eye test but who I certainly didn't think was worth £60m or whatever we're going to end up paying for him.

TsuWave

If someone is saying cash when it comes to transfers then it gives a good indication of how reliable the source is :lol:
The report is in Italian, no? The translation posted here isn’t just a google translate? How does that speak for his sources/credibility?

Borys

Statistics Wizard
The only thing he does better than others is hold up the ball that we lack massively. Apart from that he doesn't give us anything
This is all true but he'll be against Hojlund who doesn't excel at any of those things anyway. I just don't think we should expect this guy to walk into our first XI.

Bondi77

Shame he's 7 years older, would cost around the same, and is banned from playing until January.

Højlund is available to play straight away, and has the potential to be a lot better than Toney.
It is a shame that you didn't understand that I am well aware that we have no intention of signing him but the post was merely stating that Toney fits the brief of the video perfectly.

Eplel

I don't think Martial is a lost cause, but I would only keep him as a rotation player for sub £100k/week.
Unfortunately his current wages mean that nobody will be interested in signing him, except for MLS/Saudi sides.

red.knight

Excellent video, pretty much sums up why ETH wants him and why hes a low risk buy for Utd.
Given our tight budget, its understandable we target an up and coming striker rather than a finished article. We have panic bought in recent years. We just need to find a guy who had the attributes ETH wants. Someone who presses and can bring other players into the attack. Someone better than Martial. If Hojlund has been properly scouted then go for it. Equally pressing is the need to move on dead wood which United struggle with (where are the Saudi clubs?)

Son

What are the alternative options then, can you name 5 to 10 of them?

It’s easy to say we should sign others but then not name any alternatives. You also can’t say well thats what our scouts and recruitment are for, because no doubt they’ve looked at many but they seem to have landed on Hojlund, they must have a reason
He seems to want a particular type of player as you state. I believe Sesko was first choice but he went to Leipzig. Then we moved to this guy.

Personally I would 110% try and sign another slightly older striker like Muani or even Vlahovic if the budget allows after player sales or a takeover.

2 strikers and De Jong could well turn us into title contenders. Maybe they are waiting on Kane to run down his contract at Spurs for next summer? Who knows.

Keeping Martial for another year is terrible in my opinion. Guy should have been booted out long ago. I’d move for a mid 20’s striker earlier and forget about Kane personally.

Son

I don't think Martial is a lost cause, but I would only keep him as a rotation player for sub £100k/week.
Unfortunately his current wages mean that nobody will be interested in signing him, except for MLS/Saudi sides.
He’s terrible. Can’t even play 90 mins. You can’t challenge with players like that in your squad.

He’s not even a particularly good footballer even when he is fit. A striker who is never fit and goal shy.

He’s a lost cause and has been a lost cause for the past 2 years. I’m amazed he’s still at the club. One of the worst forwards we’ve had in my years watching United when he plays striker.

Didn’t mind him off the left wing in his earlier days when he was fit but those are long gone.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
It depends on player and whether his style matches the team's playing style and how many chances team creates, all that and many more.
Yeah this nails it, stuff like the way the individual operates on the pitch and how it’s planned to integrate them into the new collective’s tactics. Maybe in their old club the responsibility for goals was more shared out and as such they had more defensive responsibility, or the complete opposite, or any variable on these kinds of factors.

Strelok

He’s terrible. Can’t even play 90 mins. You can’t challenge with players like that in your squad.

He’s not even a particularly good footballer even when he is fit. A striker who is never fit and goal shy.

He’s a lost cause and has been a lost cause for the past 2 years. I’m amazed he’s still at the club. One of the worst forwards we’ve had in my years watching United when he plays striker.

Didn’t mind him off the left wing in his earlier days when he was fit but those are long gone.
Martial was not terrible. ETH does rate him and he's been quite ok under ETH. His problem is simply staying fit. And there're about 250 000 reasons a week that he's still at the club.

Woziak

Yeah, read that too but "it's only" 80k as i believe he's currently on 10k per week.
That’s net so £150-160k gross which is still too much for 20 year old, Greenwood was on £75k per week before ruining his career and banging in 17 goals in a season, perspective ?

wolvored

This is not true imo. It's been reported that actually only one or two of the Glazers run the club. The rest just care about how many cash is in the paid out dividends.
Just quoting what was said. I thought the same as you

Eplel

You're exaggerating. He's scored 88 goals in the PL.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Martial doing a job for us :lol:

How do some never learn
Of course he will do a job for us. There's no chance we will sell him so yeah, he will play.
What would you do with him?

You do understand the difference between "he's still our player and only striker at the club" and "he's a good player that should be starting every game"? Because nobody is discussing the latter.

Woziak

Martial was not terrible. ETH does rate him and he's been quite ok under ETH. His problem is simply staying fit. And there're about 250 000 reasons a week that he's still at the club.
The hope with Martial is for him to find some form and fitness then hopefully we sell him at Xmas to the Saudi Pro League, he gets on with Ronaldo we sell him for £25m and he gets £500k per week everyone’s happy and at 28 his body won’t suffer in a less competitive league ?

Status
Not open for further replies.