Rasmus Højlund | Signed for United

Status
Not open for further replies.

doomy20

Atalanta manager Gasperini on Man Utd and Højlund: “I don’t know whether he’ll stay or leave — but I hope the club will value Højlund around €80, 90 or 100m fee”.

“Rasmus is one of the best — if not the best — emerging talent in Europe as a striker”, he told Sky.
Top level delusion from that Gasperini lad.

Laurencio

Its the price thats bothering people right? Too much for a 20 year old?

I recall what fergie used to say, "Utd dont buy superstars, they make them".

Lots of young players are a risk, sure things are few and far between. Cristiano was a risk, martial was a risk. Sometimes they work sometimes they dont.
Personally, my main issue with the price is the pressure it puts on the kid and how the British media will use it to hammer him. Plus that it is kind of a ridiculous price for Atalanta to set - but we seem to be willing to pay it, so fair on them. Can't blame them for wanting the best deal possible.

I will still be very happy if/when he signs for us, there's something special about him - feels like watching a young Kane.

TsuWave

And that he doesn’t look 24 and he’s a lot better than strikers his age statistically are. I have nothing to go on but a hunch.
Osimhen is the most 24 year old looking and acting 24 year old around. From dress code - to his meme type humor - way of speaking - music taste, etc. Out of everyone to throw these bozo aspersions on, Osimhen is the wrong one for it.

I’m not keen on Osimhen because I don’t think he’s good enough on the ball - he’s a predator and hard worker though, and that goes along way for his numbers, that and playing in a really good team.

laughtersassassin

"Hojlund has a full deal with Manchester United, the talks between the clubs are done, a verbal proposal has already been made. Very soon the Red Devils will get down to business, approaching 60 million cash and adding bonuses."

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
"Hojlund has a full deal with Manchester United, the talks between the clubs are done, a verbal proposal has already been made. Very soon the Red Devils will get down to business, approaching 60 million cash and adding bonuses."

Alfredo beat Romano to it..

Tarrou

Hilarious people criticising what we’re potentially paying, surely we trust and back the manager? If he thinks he’s right and worth whatever we end up agreeing then I’m fully behind it!
sure but you can back the manager and also think he’s wrong on some things

jesperjaap

I’d agree if the Caf didn’t shite on Dan James after two games.

I’ve read in the Amrabat thread posts along the lines of : « why do we keep paying small sums for shite mediocre players instead of splashing for real class players ».

Truth is no matter the cost of the player, this place will always moan.
Two sides of a coin, sounding like just the kind of person you are moaning about here.....but I have seen several bang average players signed that people were lauding as signings like VDB and Schnederlin in windows we were heavily linked to players that were for me top quality....but seems to be very much a bias against English players as signings, especially the last couple of years when this country currently has several players just as good as those on the continent

jesperjaap

Personally, my main issue with the price is the pressure it puts on the kid and how the British media will use it to hammer him. Plus that it is kind of a ridiculous price for Atalanta to set - but we seem to be willing to pay it, so fair on them. Can't blame them for wanting the best deal possible.

I will still be very happy if/when he signs for us, there's something special about him - feels like watching a young Kane.
Is it that much of a surprise the price Atalanta have put and is it so ridiculous in comparison to what we could potentially end up paying for Amad who was completly unnkown at the time.

Get your sentiment but isnt just the media. The hammering for example Antony has had on this site for a big fee seems way overboard to me. He could well turn into a flop like Sancho seems to be....but all the comment about him I keep seeing of a lack of ability I find surprising. Has been frustrating and he does have limitations in certain areas but I see lots of ability in him personally.

Know little of Hoijlund bar youtube. I think a high fee.....we are now a society that wants instant gratification so that may be a noose....but at the same time the market is so crazy that there have been countless examples of trasfers around the £50m mark for "players with ability and promise", so I dont think its such a big concern in the current market as mental as that is in reality, go back even 3/4years and you would expect the finished article at that price, now a talented 20years old if often a prime rexample if there isnt a contract situation.

I just want a quality stiker, the comments I see seem obsessed with a "goalscorer" similar to the obsession with a ball playing keeper. Obviously we need goals but I dont think the biggest problem is somebody not sticking the ball away in our attacking play,, we still havet been creating tonnes of chances, so an all rounder is what I think we need, Hoijlund from videos and what I read looks to be that kind of profile and one of the very few very talented young strikers there are at the moment, as there really arent many, so I can understand why there is a premium

krazyrobus

This is so vague.

croadyman

Yeah and that's exactly why I keep on banging the drum for us to sign experienced goalscorer on a cheap deal too. Let's face it relying on Martial to stay fit is such a gamble we shouldn't be taking

NLunited

Gabriel Jesus - 11 in 33 last season
Eddie Nketiah - 9 in 39 last season
Darwin Nunez - 15 in 42 last season
Cody Gakpo - 7 in 26 last season
Son Heung-Min - 14 in 47 last season
Evan Ferguson - 10 in 25 last season (everyones new darling on here)
Aleksander Isak - 10 in 27 last season

I could go on and on
Checkmate

Someone

Something
I still can't find an explanation as to why we can't do more than one deal at the same time. What's the need for him to miss pre season if we're determined to sign him?

Some will say that it's just a case of understanding where we are in terms of funds, but considering that signing a striker was always a top priority this summer, does it make sense that we push this to be our 3rd signing?

It makes a big difference having players in for pre season, and Atlanta are willing sellers. Why haven't we negotiated this with them on June?

NLunited

I could care less about the other clubs given they were no where near the title. But Gabriel Jesus for Arsenal is a decent amount of gold when you have Martinelli and Saka also firing. Similar to Firmino when he had Mane and Salah. Rashford is our only goal scorer in our attack
He just completely rebutted your point, now you are deflecting.

croadyman

I still can't find an explanation as to why we can't do more than one deal at the same time. What's the need for him to miss pre season if we're determined to sign him?

Some will say that it's just a case of understanding where we are in terms of funds, but considering that signing a striker was always a top priority this summer, does it make sense that we push this to be our 3rd signing?

It makes a big difference having players in for pre season, and Atlanta are willing sellers. Why haven't we negotiated this with them on June?
I think the negotiations for both Mount & Onana took longer,therefore it meant we had to push this deal back until we return from US tour

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Oh yes it was, Hojlund’s scoring ratio at his age is NOT a concern. Point set match.
It actually is a concern when hes not as polished or established as most of those names in the list.

Bojan Djordjic

Yeah I think the quality jump is a big factor, assuming a player is able to settle into the club and new surroundings well enough.

Can you share where you are seeing some of this information?
I took a search on footystats and found high level comparisons interesting between the two leagues:

https://footystats.org/italy/serie-a#
https://footystats.org/england/premier-league#

2.57 goals per game in Serie A vs 2.85 in Premier League. I don't think the absolute #goals point has much legs personally. City and Arsenal might be skewing the stats with their rampant performances and I'm curious to know how comparable the goals scored is among the mid table / relegation belly of the league.

Atalanta scored 66 goals whereas we only scored 58. But looking against the rest of the teams, I don't see a material difference. I think we probably score slightly more across the board because of the style of play being more attacking minded, and yes that builds well for strikers, but I don't think that positive landscape for strikers outweighs the negative in a quality jump required for Hojlund to hit the ground running for us.

Also I have to caveat my cynical opinion of him is based on the videos I've seen. He isn't as clean in his general play and his arial stats for a player of his height looked bang average. We can look at Darwin last season (who came in with much more impressive stats) to see how this league can eat a player up if they aren't ready.
The bolded bit isn't true in the slightest. Darwin was a one in two scorer and massively underperformed his xG at that. He's in the 99th percentile for npXG and for shots. Darwin's problem was that he wasn't a great tactical fit for Klopp and as a result just didn't get enough minutes to rack up a big goal tally. He's one of those odd players that misses loads of shots and fans get at him but is a physical freak who can create lots of shots in dangerous positions for himself.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.

We only have one fax machine

Remember the geese

this is usually the time people go quiet

it’s easy to shit on every signing, but when you look at the available strikers… frankly this kid is probably one of the best available outside of Osi
It's true. The amount of people whinging because we aren't signing some established 30 goal a season striker. They may as well cry themselves to sleep over the fact that Van Nistelrooy is just a little bit too old these days. It has the same relevance or lack of it.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I wanted that established name in Kane,however there is excitement with this deal on how much Erik's coaching can improve him
Even I'm excited for him, but I'm just worried about the jump being too early.
It was briefed early on that we ideally want an experienced and a younger CF. That might still be the case.

Someone

Something
I think the negotiations for both Mount & Onana took longer,therefore it meant we had to push this deal back until we return from US tour
The tour should have no impact on transfers. Why couldn't we negotiate for Onana and Hojlund at the same time?

croadyman

The tour should have no impact on transfers. Why couldn't we negotiate for Onana and Hojlund at the same time?
I agree it shouldn't but we generally never do anything once on tour,also it's pretty unheard of to negotiate for two at the same time

croadyman

Even I'm excited for him, but I'm just worried about the jump being too early.
It was briefed early on that we ideally want an experienced and a younger CF. That might still be the case.
No idea why we didn't just pick up Dembele on a free as he's experienced,unsure what other cheap options are out there apart from maybe this Taremi at Porto but doesn't seem rated.

Status
Not open for further replies.