g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Rasmus Højlund | Signed for United

Status
Not open for further replies.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Shame he's tier 3 for transfers though
Depending on how this summer goes, I may decide to bump him up, but when I've tracked his reports in general, they are hit or miss for the most part. Maybe that's changed now, and he has better sources (he was on the money with the Onana transfer for the most part).

croadyman

Depending on how this summer goes, I may decide to bump him up, but when I've tracked his reports in general, they are hit or miss for the most part. Maybe that's changed now, and he has better sources (he was on the money with the Onana transfer for the most part).
Yeah really hope he does prove me wrong and breaks any big news associated with this deal

wolvored

I still can't find an explanation as to why we can't do more than one deal at the same time. What's the need for him to miss pre season if we're determined to sign him?

Some will say that it's just a case of understanding where we are in terms of funds, but considering that signing a striker was always a top priority this summer, does it make sense that we push this to be our 3rd signing?

It makes a big difference having players in for pre season, and Atlanta are willing sellers. Why haven't we negotiated this with them on June?
On the Utd Stand yesterday Beth one of the presenters asked somebody Jacobs (sorry cant remember his first name) a reporter why it takes so long to do deals. He said every deal has to be scrutinised by all 6 Glazers to say yay or nay on the money. So if they agree to bid say £50 mill for a player, Murtough bids, then if its knocked back, murtough has to suggest an improved bid and get in touch with all the Glazers again, hoping they all agree to the new offer. Rinse and repeat.

Someone

Something
On the Utd Stand yesterday Beth one of the presenters asked somebody Jacobs (sorry cant remember his first name) a reporter why it takes so long to do deals. He said every deal has to be scrutinised by all 6 Glazers to say yay or nay on the money. So if they agree to bid say £50 mill for a player, Murtough bids, then if its knocked back, murtough has to suggest an improved bid and get in touch with all the Glazers again, hoping they all agree to the new offer. Rinse and repeat.
That's wild if true. I thought we're working within a budget and it's up to Arnold to make the call.

mu4c_20le

This was widely publicized. Even very minor player sales for peanuts or loan moves needs to go through this approval process. It's part of why we're so inefficient on the market.

ManRed

This was widely publicized. Even very minor player sales for peanuts or loan moves needs to go through this approval process. It's part of why we're so inefficient on the market.
To be fair we got 2 big signings done before our tour starts. Big strides forward this window

croadyman

Not a fan of United Stand apart from fan cams,however getting confirmation of how much verification is required for our deals was needed.

NLunited

It actually is a concern when hes not as polished or established as most of those names in the list.
The argument was that Hojlund’s goal numbers are not good enough which is clearly bs.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Who then?
this is usually the time people go quiet

it’s easy to shit on every signing, but when you look at the available strikers… frankly this kid is probably one of the best available outside of Osi
Is that how things work? When United tell EtH, here are 3 strikers we found. And if EtH reject them all, United then will tell him "so you don't like them, eh? then.. give us names!! Don't just say shit on these 3 strikers".

Or (the best approach will be) United, with their supposedly worldwide scouting network that could even suggested a backup Gk in Japanese League, will come up with new list of players, and EtH then proceed to evaluate.

Last edited:

Nickelodeon

This is a subjective transfer which can't be argued basis stats.

The stats just wouldn't be conclusively good enough for the sum of money we will or are supposed to spend on him. If his goals were high, it could be argued that Serie A numbers don't translate in the PL (recent Lukaku numbers). Similarly, comparing him to what Kane or someone else was doing at the same age is hyperbolic as these are just convenient and arbitrary examples designed to suit arguments of any nature. As of now, we don't even know what kind of striker he's designed to be, he could be a goal-machine or he could be like a Berbatov (statistically, not stylistically) in terms of putting in good, not great, numbers but making the team better.

What is undeniable is that Ten Hag and the scouts are betting on potential and see something in him which makes them think that he'll be a top class forward. If he does sign, we venture into the unknown. Hyping up his stats for Denmark or Sturm Graz or per 90 mins Atalanta means nothing as the data is too limited to prove/disprove any hypothesis.

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
Ben Jacobs is full of shit, though, so I’d say that’s nonsense. We haven’t been any slower to do business this summer than anyone else, have we? These are £50m deals we’re talking about, they take time.

Judas

Open to offers
Don't believe for a second that every transfer goes through each Glazer member. Not surprised to see people eat shite like that up though, that's why fools like Jacobs get away with it, this is the exact sort of stuff people want to hear.

Davie Moyes

Don't believe for a second that every transfer goes through each Glazer member. Not surprised to see people eat shite like that up though, that's why fools like Jacobs get away with it, this is the exact sort of stuff people want to hear.
Yep. I think I've previously read transfers go through one of the Glazers (Avram or Joel). I can't remember which exactly and that would make sense.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
I’m astounded that us fans think that every single journo and Man Utd piece is some sort of PR, it’s a joke.

Maybe we need to open up a bit more. Because it’s not just jacobs that has said this. It’s well known that getting sign off from the Glazers is an arduous task.

So you either think Jacobs is the bearer of all bad news and entirely crap or that he’s a club mouthpiece (putting out news to make it seem “acceptable” why it takes so long) putting out news to make the club look good.

This whole PR/Brief rhetoric needs to stop. It’s tiresome

Strelok

He said every deal has to be scrutinised by all 6 Glazers to say yay or nay on the money.
This is not true imo. It's been reported that actually only one or two of the Glazers run the club. The rest just care about how many cash is in the paid out dividends.

cyberman

Isn’t is accepted fact that only two Glazers are hands on with United?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Isn’t is accepted fact that only two Glazers are hands on with United?
Yeah, only two are "actual" club executives(co-chairmen) the others are shareholders and board members of the PLC, they are not involved in the club's day to day business.

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
I heard that every transfer has to go through an initiation process whereby the person putting forward the deal has to don a mask whilst the six glazers simultaneously give them a paddlin’ and dangle them by the balls, and only if they manage to get through the ordeal without screaming then the transfer gets approved.

Crimson King

This is not true imo. It's been reported that actually only one or two of the Glazers run the club. The rest just care about how many cash is in the paid out dividends.
Yeah pretty sure it's just Joel and Avram. Although, from what I've read elsewhere they do scrutinise everything and can take ages to make a decision on allowing funds to be spent. Sometimes they can even be hard to reach due to the time difference. For big transfers I don't think it's much of an issue, but it's apparently stopped us getting a few smaller low key deals over the line, because we haven't been able to act quickly enough.

Cathy Ferguson

To be fair we got 2 big signings done before our tour starts. Big strides forward this window
True, but if Höjlund was our main target then I don't understand why we failed to sign him before going on the tour? We have been in a desperate need of a striker since Ronaldo left and we still have not signed one. Hopefully it is done by next week.

DevilsOwn

"Hojlund has a full deal with Manchester United, the talks between the clubs are done, a verbal proposal has already been made. Very soon the Red Devils will get down to business, approaching 60 million cash and adding bonuses."

60mil Euros plus addons, if true, is a solid deal.
Guy seems to have potential and seems to be Ten Hags choice.
And if turns out a good striker, the. We have a very important position sorted for the next 10 years.

Just wish we had a reliable backup striker not named Martial.

Judas

Open to offers
True, but if Höjlund was our main target then I don't understand why we failed to sign him before going on the tour? We have been in a desperate need of a striker since Ronaldo left and we still have not signed one. Hopefully it is done by next week.
Our main target was Mount? Why do you think it was this guy?

bringbackbebe

Bit like Darwin Nunez?

And what were Darwin’s numbers in his season before going to the dippers?

The levels of hype with this now are just daft.

Fans ‘not concerned whether he’s ready’ to be Utd’s lead CF after scoring 9 goals in Serie A and nothing else…

It’s absolutely batshit and I genuinely worry for the kid walking into a situation like that.
Darwin was wasteful but I wouldn't call his first season for Pool a failure, leaving fan banter aside.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Lukaku 25 goals in 37 in the EPL with Everton. People seem to forget Lukaku was a good goal scorer at one point in the EPL. The guy had 17 goals with West Brom :lol:

Lukaku who also failed to score a goal in 6 months the last Serie A season.

Salah

Serie A 34 games - 14 goals
31 games - 15 goals

PL - 36 games - 32 goals.

We can pick and choose numbers quite easily.
To add to this, it's not like Lukaku somehow exploded his goal scoring record in Serie A, only reason why it looked higher was because of penalties.

His non penalty goals record is more or less same in PL and Serie A

At ManUtd and Inter his record was almost same, he was shit at Chelsea, so was at Inter when he returned.

SeasonTeamTournamentMinsNon Penalty goalsMins per NPG
2022/2023InterSerie A16638
208​
2021/2022ChelseaPL15867
227​
2020/2021InterSerie A288718
160​
2019/2020InterSerie A298417
176​
2018/2019Manchester UnitedPL213012
178​
2017/2018Manchester UnitedPL286916
179​
2016/2017EvertonPL326724
136​
2015/2016EvertonPL317717
187​
2014/2015EvertonPL28778
360​
2013/2014EvertonPL256415
171​
2012/2013West Bromwich AlbionPL200615
134​

MinsGoalsMins per goal
PL
20476​
114​
180​
Serie A
7534​
43​
175​

Betson

If this is going to be done it would be great to do early as more than most because of his general inexperience I suspect he could do with getting as much a preseason as possible with the club.

L1nk

Atalanta targetting their replacement already

Status
Not open for further replies.