Rasmus Højlund | Signed for United

Status
Not open for further replies.

theklr

Wow, they really give ETH what he wants nomatter the cost. Big risk!

Cloud7

Yessss. Can’t wait to see what he can do.

Really excited to have a proper striker in the team, and a young one with his best years ahead of him at that

kaku06

amazing with all the turmoil going on with ownership we’ve still performed reasonably well in the market!
Which actually makes me think that the sale is already sorted and we are completing our transfers in peace before the whole world knows that we are fecking loaded.

acolyte

Romano haters in mud.
Ornstein was first
He was a full 2 minutes before the tap in merchant!

Romano posted at 7.14 and edited at 7.16.

Orneistein posted at 7.22

What am I missing?
Romano posted almost 10 minutes prior?
Ornstein posted it at least five mins before anyone then seemed to edit the same post.

Not that it matters but it's the same story and Romano fans will believe in their god regardless.

Bottom line we signed him
Forget Hojlund, the real action in this thread is this here slapfight.

Teja

The Jackson vs Hojlund comparisons will get really annoying this season.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Inflation accounted for it's on par with Martial - and I would much rather see this guy grow than Martial stink the place up much further.

He looks a warrior I'm all behind this signing.
I agree but lets not forget Martial came with a lot of promise, maybe even more than Hojlund. Lets hope he settles in and carries the attack, the fee will never be mentioned again.

NLunited

Agreed.

And a team can either play a high-line by going direct with a minimal amount of passes to then press or counter press collectively or play out of a press.. But that first strategy isn't as effective against teams who play out of a press due to those teams having press resistant players in the first phase which allows them to evade the press and retain possession for longer periods of the game. Hence the likes of Guardiola, Arteta, Klopp and De Zerbi have developed well rounded teams who can control the game in possession, as well as transition quickly whilst also having the ability to control the game out of possession.

Last season we won home games against Man City and Liverpool by ceding 71% of the ball to them. And ceding 61% to Arsenal at home in a game we also won. But playing in transition isn't sustainable in the long run and i'm glad to see some changes have been made to rectify that problem. The teams who scored the most goals in the league were also those teams who had the bulk of possession.
We scored 5 goals against arsenal and City. (Let’s not bring up Liverpool)

We can play in transition against teams that want to press us all day long, and we absolutely should.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Going off of previous tallies of top level young forwards in the PL, we should be looking at around 10-15 league goals from Hojlund.

In their first major seasons:
Owen (18); Lukaku (17); Fowler (12); Martial (11); Greenwood (10); Alli (10)…

L1nk

Upon reflection I don't think it's as bad as it sounds

Around 60mill upfront, probably in installments over a few years, with addons we'd no doubt be happy to pay because it means him and the team are doing well

Think it's been a bit overblown actually considering they wanted around 90 to 100 Euro's, or 85mill pounds, probably with not much in the way of bonuses

saik

Wow 64 + 8m pounds and not euros? Hope the Romano claim of 70m euros with add-ons is true. In any case, Ten Hag gets the striker he wanted. I'm excited to see how he settles in. Finally good to have a natural striker.

Man-United

James Ducker having a right go at Utd on twitter for the amount of money being payed.

prateik

We are clearly loaded.. We are looking to sign 4 more players..
Rolling in money.

Another striker, a midfielder, a CB if Maguire goes.. and a backup keeper. More signings please.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.

More confirmation of the price, so roughly a 60 mill signing, don't count the addons because if we have to pay them then he's justifying his price
It’s a £65m signing.

And we don’t know what the add ons are. They could be very doable and appearance based.

Anyway, good luck to the boy. He’s gonna need to hit the ground running and leading the line at Man Utd is a HUGE role in World footy.

I’d like to see him not given the 9 shirt immediately personally, but whatever. Just wish him luck.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Strikers always cost a lot. The benefit of this one is hopefully if he’s a success then we’ve got him for the next 5+years. He’s so young. Working with ETH and his coaches will hopefully turn him into one of the elite ST in Europe.

OrcaFat

he will add to the team that’s for sure but I just don’t see him hitting 15+ goals which is what we need. I’ve watched his compilations on YouTube and he misses quite a lot of what seems like easy chances. I feel like we will get a Nunez type player not a Kane type player.
Yeah he misses some absolute sitters. But just a kid. And gets into position. I would guess he will get 15+ in all comps but we need probably 20 in the league alone to properly push City. That’s unless the likes of Garnacho and Antony (Mount and Bruno) can hit some serious numbers.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Weird jump in price. Massive fee. Overpriced by like... 20m as is par for the course with us.

I'm more interested in actually getting the right player in though. Hojlund, Onana and Mount in, all great ages, addressing our 3 most pressing needs, all 2 weeks before the first game of the season is a great summer.

Also, let's not compare him to Haaland. Haaland is a freak of nature and while Hojlund might become a great CF, it's hard to expect that. Very different type of CF anyway. Hojlund's target for development is closer to a Dzeko, Lewandowski, Drogba type of CF. Hold up play, physicality, pinning defenders, power, technique... It's a focal point type of CF to play around. Not the pure, ultimate finishing touch to any move like Haaland is.

kaku06

I have a feeling all the English journos are reporting the euro price in pounds. Romano said it's €70m including add ons.
It’s only Romano who’s saying that. Everyone else including the likes of Di marzio, whitwell, Simon stone, Ornstein etc are saying it’s €85m including add ons.

Rolaholic

Add his wages, bonuses, agent fee and dealing with Dan Levy as well rat bastard :lol::rolleyes:

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
That's getting very close to Kane money :eek:
Yeah I guess so, except Kane’s transfer fee would be closer to double that and his salary would be quadruple whatever Hojlund is being offered.

Status
Not open for further replies.