Rasmus Højlund | Signed for United

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnold Layne

Martial for sure
I'm similar to you. Was 18 on my first one, was closing down a player and as I cut to the side, my knee buckled. Other leg was when I was 23, did a body feint while on the ball, felt the wobble and heard the noise, so passed the ball off, limped off the pitch and did my own knee extensions to test and it was off. Didn't actually hurt much for either, but got very swollen and was more the dread of knowing what happened.
I have complex tears in both medial meniscus. There is a tear on the posterior horn of both and there is a piece floating around in the left knee. Standing from a seated position or going upstairs can be difficult. However I think it pales into significance compared to an ACL.

Tom Van Persie

No relation

Hope he's got thick skin, the British media already have their teeth out for him...
No other clubs' signings are put under the microscope as much as ours. Expect Hojlund's price tag to be mentioned every 5 minutes during commentary and by pundits.

croadyman

No other clubs' signings are put under the microscope as much as ours. Expect Hojlund's price tag to be mentioned every 5 minutes during commentary and by pundits.
Just wait until the Wolves game,whoever is on commentary duty won't be able to help themselves mention it any chance they get

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I made a joke along these lines the other day and someone took me seriously and started talking about how Sancho hides in games.
I've made the joke twice over the last fecking month and nobody gave me any attention despite me clearly being desperate for it. I know that's normal so I guess the point I'm trying to make is feck the Glazers

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout

Hope he's got thick skin, the British media already have their teeth out for him...
Sky Sports do raise a good question though. Will he be first choice striker at Manchester United, when he'll be competing for the position with several other strikers that don't play for Manchester United?

Tomorrow Sky Sports will be asking the next big question; if air is real then how come it doesn't talk back to me when I shout at it?

croadyman

I've made the joke twice over the last fecking month and nobody gave me any attention despite me clearly being desperate for it. I know that's normal so I guess the point I'm trying to make is feck the Glazers
There you go enjoy

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Here's a green smiley for you :lol:

Witchking

He was born in 2003 and the song was released in 2003. Surely his folks were fans of the band / song or maybe did dirty dirty listening to the song. :wenger:

Chairman Steve

Since Wayne Rooney scored a hat trick on his Utd debut, Sky will be setting the bar to emulate that and since Gary Neville is a match day thread doomposter in real life, he will be down in the dumps if that doesn’t happen and ask why we didnt spend another £40m and get Kane.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
I'm similar to you. Was 18 on my first one, was closing down a player and as I cut to the side, my knee buckled. Other leg was when I was 23, did a body feint while on the ball, felt the wobble and heard the noise, so passed the ball off, limped off the pitch and did my own knee extensions to test and it was off. Didn't actually hurt much for either, but got very swollen and was more the dread of knowing what happened.
sorry to hear that. Have you had the second one sorted?

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
What's there to be baffled at? He's an elite CF prospect. Top CF prospects are very rare. Bayern are signing a 30 year old after they went a year without a striker because their mid 30s striker left to go to Barca. Madrid lost their mid 30s striker and are using a striker less formation now, waiting to sign Mbappe who is a wide forward anyway. City have Haaland who along with Osimhen are literally the only under 30 year old strikers who are ready for top teams. Before getting Haaland, City went a year without a striker too. Liverpool don't really have a striker, just a bunch of wide forwards. Arsenal have Jesus who is a CF and works hard but doesn't score much.

The CF market is shit is what it is. Football stopped developing strikers so when you get the chance to sign a top prospect, you simply pay up if you want him.

You have Haaland, Kane, Lewandowski, Osimhen, Benzema who are the top level strikers currently. 3 of them are 30+, 1 is at City and the other is getting quoted at 150m+, and was bought by Napoli before he did much for 70m anyway.

You have a bunch of wide forwards who teams try to adapt to make do at CF, to varying degrees, like Jota/Gakpo, Isak, Kolo Muani, even Mbappe, who aren't proper #9's and don't really do that hold up play and being a focal point (or to varying levels).

You have mid tier players like Lautaro, Vlahović, Toney, Ramos, Watkins, Mitrovic who are being quoted absurd fees without having top level potential, so you would pay elite level prices for Europa League production out of them as their ceiling.

Then you have a few youngsters with big potential, like Hojlund and Sesko. And of them, Hojlund is the one of the very few on this entire list who is a proper #9 with all the tools to be a top center forward. Think of it like paying to get a CF in the mold of Dzeko, Lewandowski, Ibra, Kane, Drogba, Cavani, etc at the age of 20. None of these guys did anything at that age, most broke out at 22/23 (Kane at 21). The second these guys break through, they are over 100m and pretty much unobtainable if you didn't get them beforehand (unless you are Haaland who puts a clause in). It's securing a rare profile, elite talent that we happen to be in dire need of as well, and a player who may not be all that far away from stepping up either.

As for who starts... Martial doesn't have the pace or strength or movement in the box that Hojlund has, despite the age. Yeah Martial will get his gametime when fit which is good. Hojlund is barely 20. By the time Martials contract is out, Hojlund might just be ready to be the full time guy. He gives us that threat in behind that only Rashford offers in our squad, he gives us proper #9 movement in the box, he gives us a focal point.
The gap between expectations from some and the reality of his output next season is likely to be massive. For all the reasons you state this kind of money for a young forward is no kind of guarantee of goals, assists and even minutes on the pitch.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
The gap between expectations from some and the reality of his output next season is likely to be massive. For all the reasons you state this kind of money for a young forward is no kind of guarantee of goals, assists and even minutes on the pitch.
I give them 3 seasons always, same with Antony and Sancho

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I have complex tears in both medial meniscus. There is a tear on the posterior horn of both and there is a piece floating around in the left knee. Standing from a seated position or going upstairs can be difficult. However I think it pales into significance compared to an ACL.
Not so sure about that. Meniscus is a less publicized injury compared to ACL, but it has a notoriously bad blood supply meaning it's a time-critical injury. Miss that window, and you may miss the chance of repair, and then you're looking at meniscus removal, which In turn, leads to knee replacement every 5 to 10 years. That's pretty life-changing and arguably worse than an ACL.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
sorry to hear that. Have you had the second one sorted?
Yeah had surgery on both a year after the injury for both... Canada has long wait times, but it's free so whatever. First one went smooth, second one had some issues during surgery (couldn't put pressure on it post surgery for 5 weeks as a result) so I feel like my right knee is a bit more fragile, maybe just mental but I wear one of those tensor knee braces when I play. But I pretty much returned to playing regularly. Right quad gets a lot of strains, probably just a byproduct of losing extra muscle mass and not working it out properly. Lost some agility, can't cut like before so I play more a deeper role these days as I am paranoid about getting a knee injury again. Out of lives! Might also just be an age thing though.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Since Wayne Rooney scored a hat trick on his Utd debut, Sky will be setting the bar to emulate that and since Gary Neville is a match day thread doomposter in real life, he will be down in the dumps if that doesn’t happen and ask why we didnt spend another £40m and get Kane.
:lol:

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Very good post
This lad is entering the prime of his life and he’s gong to run through walls for ETH and the coaches. He might eventually still fall short but he’s not going to fail for lack of effort, intensity, fitness or physicality. Pogba Martial Sanchez ADM Falcao Lukaku and so many others fell way short of what we were giving them in return. ETH is bringing back the hunger and hopefully with that a realistic chance of success again.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He hasn't officially joined yet and is getting compared to Haaland in half the posts
He was compared to Haaland before he was linked with us. And it wasn't just by the British media.

Status
Not open for further replies.