Rasmus Højlund | Signed for United

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
If he can't handle the pressure of merely wandering out to the pitch in front of our crowd, how's he going to handle playing for us?!
It’s not just wandering out though is it. It’s the making an occasion of it. It made sense for elite players like the aforementioned but doing it for a kid seems counterproductive. Obviously there’s pressure but do we need to add to it? Parade him before a game? It’ll be reported everywhere and made a big deal of. There’s already a huge fee and people desperate for him to fail so I think why not just keep it on the down low as much as we can.

Alemar

It'll be Sancho false 9 with Rashford cutting in and Antony on the right, for quite a lot of the season I'd guess. Hojlund is only 20. He's not gonna be a starter from day 1. He took half a year of being a sub for Atalanta, adapting to the serie a... I'd expect somewhat similar unless he really steps up quickly which is unrealistic.
I disagree. ETH doesn’t buy him to be a bench warmer, neither does he care about age. He is purchased to play, and he will play if he performs.

L1nk

Apparently he might not be able to take part in any of the games this weekend so we’ll see

James35

Kind of hoping he gets to train before then, need him ready to go asap.

Also feel we are over egging the pudding a bit with him being paraded at OT. At least only a friendly I guess.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I disagree. ETH doesn’t buy him to be a bench warmer, neither does he care about age. He is purchased to play, and he will play if he performs.
Of course. He also needs to learn the team, coach, and get used to the league. I'm simply just saying what it will be at the start, not whether it should or shouldn't. I'd be shocked if he starts him with no pre season with us when Sancho, who whatever struggles people may think he will have, has been our best attacker in preseason. He's not bough to be a bench warmer not was he bought to be a key player from day 1. He's 20. Lewandowski went to Dortmund at like 21 or 22 and did nothing for a year before stepping up in his 2nd year.

SteveCoppellFan

Those were the days..

These were such great days, 3 pages of latest scores on a Saturday afternoon and waiting for a page to change and hoping to see a goal.

Once a extra page came up you knew there was a goal somewhere as they needed an extra page to fit it in.

Sometimes the most simple of things can be so much fun.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Pre season games on Saturday and Sunday, mate.

Saturday's is early (7:45am EDT I think) and Sunday's a bit later.
Thanks!

Split squad like baseball spring training, it seems. Will we be playing our anticipated starting 11 for one of them?

Dazzmondo

Quite frustrating he won't be available for either of the final pre-season games. Sancho starting at least the first 2 league games up front then. Hope we don't struggle because our fixtures get tougher from gw4 onwards

swissgenius

He won't start against Wolves anyway, I don't get all the fuss about wether he'll play a meaningless friendly or not...
I guess he needs at least 2-3 weeks of full training with the squad before they see him as a potential starter. A test game doesn't change that.

Superunknown

He won't start against Wolves anyway, I don't get all the fuss about wether he'll play a meaningless friendly or not...
I guess he needs at least 2-3 weeks of full training with the squad before they see him as a potential starter. A test game doesn't change that.
This is where I'm at.

I'm really here nor there on this whole 'wait x number of weeks before you introduce a new signing into the first team' thing that many managers do. There's merit to it, I'm sure.

Ludens the Red

Tbf he’s been training and has played pre season games for Atlanta. With our limited options I think he goes Hoijlund up top v wolves. Especially after what happened against Brighton on day one last year.

Bertie Wooster

I guess it's the same kind of thinking as when Ten Hag was discussing the potential new striker signing and said: "If it was up to me, as soon as possible, the earlier the better, because we have to integrate him in the team, the way of play. In an ideal situation, he was already here but you do not always get ideal situations as a manager and you have to deal with the situation.”

I guess people were just hoping, given how close to completion the deal seemed to be on Tuesday, that at least he was going to get one PSF to help a little with that integration and getting used to the way of play, etc.

C'est Moi Cantona

I think it must be a consequence of been starved of a decent striker for so long, but I wish I could stop been so irrationally excited about this guy.

I am here thinking 25 + goals next season, which is pretty unreasonable really.

RedDevil@84

I think it must be a consequence of been starved of a decent striker for so long, but I wish I could stop been so irrationally excited about this guy.

I am here thinking 25 + goals next season, which is pretty unreasonable really.
Keep calm and believe in our captain. He will bring the chances.

L1nk

not available to train or play this weekend then

Adnan

Talent Spotter
These were such great days, 3 pages of latest scores on a Saturday afternoon and waiting for a page to change and hoping to see a goal.

Once a extra page came up you knew there was a goal somewhere as they needed an extra page to fit it in.

Sometimes the most simple of things can be so much fun.
It was great to follow football in those days. I was really young at the time but I would regularly check the BBC page for updates during the summer. And whether the player was signed early or late the main concern was to have the player in for the first league game of the season. I also remember getting into trouble with my parents after running a big bill ringing the below numbers. I really thought Baggio was coming..:lol:

SteveCoppellFan

The idea that Yeboah and Southgate would go for the same price is a scary thought.

Those rumour headlines were so cool, old school clickbait !

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
It was great to follow football in those days. I was really young at the time but I would regularly check the BBC page for updates during the summer. And whether the player was signed early or late the main concern was to have the player in for the first league game of the season. I also remember getting into trouble with my parents after running a big bill ringing the below numbers. I really thought Baggio was coming..:lol:

The nostalgia. Brings back memories. We didnt have sky sports when i was young so we used watch the match on teletext (irish version). Then we graduated to listening to the matches on today fm - not sure if thats still a thing.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

I had a crappy free view box which had a more modern teletext, Digitext maybe? Anyway it was on that I arrived home from the pub one night and checked the MUFC transfer news and saw a double signing of Anderson and Nani.

cyberman

Advertising their club call rumours was a fecking master stroke as well. Caught young cyber boy out a few times when the phone bill came in

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
It’s not just wandering out though is it. It’s the making an occasion of it. It made sense for elite players like the aforementioned but doing it for a kid seems counterproductive. Obviously there’s pressure but do we need to add to it? Parade him before a game? It’ll be reported everywhere and made a big deal of. There’s already a huge fee and people desperate for him to fail so I think why not just keep it on the down low as much as we can.
Won’t somebody please think of the children?!

Big Andy

Bloke

Zidane to Blackburn :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.