RAWK Goes Into Meltdown 20-18/19 Edition

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic

Hard to believe this was the same Bobby who scored the goal for Liverpool.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Still think they played brilliant today and got a bit of bad luck.
Don’t get me wrong I am glad city beat them but nothing today suggested that they will crumble or wilt.
It will take very good team to beat them any week.
Go away!
1: because we don't like this
2: another thread ;)

deafepl

There's a weird logic over on RAWK where they want us to win every game if it means that we hire Ole full time, because he's apparently a terrible manager.

I hope we win every game until Ole retires at 75. That'd be grand, thanks.
Bless them, I can't believe they really want us to win the Champions League and the FA, perhaps premier league if City/Liverpool bottled by 17 points at end of the season.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
TLW said:
Sat here, glass half empty, rolling up bogeys and flicking them into the fire. My life fecking sucks.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Why the feck do they refer to our club as Golem?
It's a Lord of the Rings thing... they thought David Moyes looked like a character, and now they thing Ole looks like the same character before he turned into Moyes.

Fridge chutney

It's a Lord of the Rings thing... they thought David Moyes looked like a character, and now they thing Ole looks like the same character before he turned into Moyes.
Ahh gotcha. Weird. I genuinely didn't think that Solskjaer is hated by rivals yet. He seems an objectively likeable and humble chap, but perhaps I'm mistaken.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Ahh gotcha. Weird. I genuinely didn't think that Solskjaer is hated by rivals yet. He seems an objectively likeable and humble chap, but perhaps I'm mistaken.
Yup I think as United legends go, he's one of the more liked among rival supporters. If oppo fans are hating him already he's doing something right.

Love this. There's just so much neck! There was a shot of the Liverpool fans on TV after City scored and it reminded me of the classic gif on here.

That's reasonably good for them, except OGS in the anthesis of Moyes.

Beagle

I love how they're talking about they're 4 points clear so calm down. That's something a serial winning team would say as they have that winning mentality. Wtf have they won? They may pay beautiful attacking football at times but they are serial bottlers. City will win the league and their meltdown will be glorious.
That's overconfidence. Quiet apprehensive optimism is the way to go.

beedoubleyou

Weird that they're already using a goal not crossing the line as an excuse. These things happen, a miss is a miss and it might not have made a difference to the result anyway.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Weird that they're already using a goal not crossing the line as an excuse. These things happen, a miss is a miss and it might not have made a difference to the result anyway.
It's extra weird given that the whole point of that technology was to avoid incorrectly giving or ruling out a goal - which is exactly what happened, the ball did not fully cross the line and so was correctly not awarded. They are basically arguing that they would like, presumably just for the matches where it costs them to have a correct decision given against them, to go back to the lottery of human judgment - where the goal may still not have been given.

With VAR this season they would have been 0-1 down at home to Fulham in a game they weren't playing very well in. The goal they then scored from the moving ball free kick would also not have happened. They may also have been down to 10 men at home to Napoli with VVD sent off.

I look forward to RAWK telling us which matches VAR should and shouldn't be used in next season.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
History says that no teams won the PL title back since Man United too. History means nothing
History is something you learn from.It means a lot,you take notice of past mistakes.

They blew the title by getting complacent and thinking they had won it. They were too cautious against Chelsea and drew against Fulham(IIRC) when they should have won. Klopp won't let them get that cosy even with a 4 point lead

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
History is something you learn from.It means a lot,you take notice of past mistakes.

They blew the title by getting complacent and thinking they had won it. They were too cautious against Chelsea and drew against Fulham(IIRC) when they should have won. Klopp won't let them get that cosy even with a 4 point lead
Yes you can learn from it always but they didn't need to have blown the title back then to know that getting complacent is an issue. Specially when most of the squad has nothing to do with the one who lost due to Slippy G.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
They are still in good position, why are they losing it like that :lol: ?
Getting twitchy because they know they've a history of bottling it.

Ultimately, they entered the second half of the season as clear favourites, and were riding a massive, massive high. They got through a tough CL group with a crucial win in the last game, and hit the halfway stage of the league season 7 points clear, unbeaten, and had won 8 games in a row. Going into the City game they had the opportunity to go 10 points clear with 17 games left, extend their winning run to 10 games, and were looking at their next 5 games being Brighton and West Ham away, and Palace, Leicester, and Bournemouth at home, while City have to host Arsenal and Chelsea, so would hope to extend their lead further, or maintain it at the very least.

Had they won last night, they'd have pretty much wrapped up the title. Now that cushy run of fixtures has just that little bit more pressure on it, especially with the three games following including trips to Old Trafford and Goodison.