RAWK goes into Meltdown 20/21 Edition

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
Oh boy we have soo many good CB’s for you; Bailly, Jones, Rojo, Maguire? Just pick and choose!

bludsucker

This news is sickening. Just kicked a homeless man's money jar in anger

Getting word that this injury is a big deal too

Void the season
Right that's it, I'm building a time machine and popping back to get prime Alan Hansen and Sami Hyypia
was probably feckin Pickford again
Sterling is my guess

There goes the season. Down the chute. Only after 8 games!

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
My Scouse loving mate was totally against 5 subs this season because apparently it suited city and just city.

Changed his tune funnily enough.

EngimaMK

Haha Lindelöf’s fine. Maguire too, but I think we should help out if Liverpool needs a new £80 Mill CB :p
I genuinely think Lindelof is good. Maybe our best defender. We just chose a shite partner for him when we spunked 80m on Maguire. A better chosen defender that complimented VL's skillet and I reckon we'd be much more balanced this season.

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
I genuinely think Lindelof is good. Maybe our best defender. We just chose a shite partner for him when we spunked 80m on Maguire. A better chosen defender that complimented VL's skillet and I reckon we'd be much more balanced this season.
Same here. I think he’s been our best defender since joining the club and I don’t say that only because I’m swedish. The competition for the CB’s is not very hard atm. And I think Lindelöf would suit better with a physical strong and fast defender with actual leadership. I’m sorry to say it but that’s not Maguire right now.

As you said - if we want a more balanced CB pairing we should go for someone in the market.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Lindelof is laughably bad in the air for quite a tall man. Other than that he's quite a good defender. With a quick, aerially dominant leader next to him he'd be grand. So that'd be a choice of Van Dijk, er...well maybe 2 out of 3 in Maguire isn't too bad.

Fridge chutney

Maguire is streets ahead of Lindelof. But both of them are streets ahead of Gomez and VVD at this injury-riddled point in time!

DRM

Why are they pissing themselves, they're still gonna walk the league ffs.

The Purley King

I imagine they'll take the news that Salah has got corona virus with a calm and considerate tone....................

SoCross

Not his biggest fan, far from it, but wish the lad a speedy recovery.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
Positive COVID-19 test, says the Egyptian FA.
Well thats just fecking ace.
feck sake, though hardly surprising given he attended a packed wedding.
He attended his brothers wedding in Cairo three days ago
Of all the time for his brother to have a fecking wedding. He should have skyped in.
On the plus side he now gets a nice little break and doesnt have to play for his national team, so feck off Egypt.

International football needs to be fecked off immediately. fecking joke this.
Family weddings need fecking off, especially during worldwide pandemics.
Oh for the love of...
I mean, if someone was to accidentally brutally cut off Gianni Infantini's head with a razor while he was shaving, one of you would give me an alibi, right?
Sorry but if he got it during that wedding he should be fined. We don't pay him £200k a week for nothing.
What's the fecking point

I mean, you'd feel bad begrudging someone of being at an important wedding, but responsibility has to be taken
Absolutely. The club should fine him if they didn't give him permission to do that. fecking stupid thing to do
And the photos won't have sat well with the club i'd imagine. Packed dance floor with no social distancing. Moronic.
Can't believe how many cases we've had and injuries. Seems very disproportionate to any other premier league side.
Who has now confirmed had it? Thiago, Mane, Salah, Tsimikas and probably Keita. Rumours of Origi. Anyone else?
Herd immunity for the run in.
I'd imagine he had the Club's permission to go...

Is he stuck in Egypt now until his isolation period is over?
Yep. I think its 10-14 days so imagine he will fly back early or mid week commencing 23rd Nov.
This international break is decimating our team.
We were already on the bare bones, the international break is just adding to it now.
This season is a fecking joke.
it’s a fecking ‘*’ season...
*disclaimer, unless we win it again
cant be bothered at this point, feck football, feck covid and feck everybody
Lovely, it is Friday you know... have a bevy.
Right, who used the Monkey's Paw to make sure the season came back so we could win the league on the pitch?
Grobbelaar needs to have a word with that witchdoctor.
2 weeks rest for Mo, before he rips open against the shite teams in December
Leicester is going to be a fecking nightmare at this rate.
Losing Mo and Gomez is a blow obviously, but we also have Thiago and fabinho coming back, and Jota being in form def. helps.
We all knew this was coming when we saw the videos of him in Egypt. Irresponsible from Salah. Albeit it’s hardly Kyle Walker planning an orgy during peak-lockdown.
Stand-by lads...you may get a call in case we run out of players

Last edited:

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
"Mo Salah, you little dancer!"
I would just like raise a glass to the nuclear size weapons that thought this international break was a good idea. May your shoes be infested with the lice of a thousand camels.
Egypt deleted the tweet now and say he’s getting retested.
The Egyptian FA has us all on strings. Hopefully a negative test the second time round.
He'll probably test negative now, play for Egypt and get injured.
Seriously though, this is getting to Springfield Nuclear Power Plant softball levels of ridiculousness. Next we'll be hearing Hendo can't make the game because he's come down with radiation poisoning.
WTF is next? Alisson abducted by aliens.
Oh FFS. Has someone at the club run over a black cat or something! This is beginning to get ridiculous!!
feck’s sake. What next?
Christmas
Er....well... maybe.
Should just hand us the league now.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
What is Lindelof's "skillet" out of interest?

He can't head it, isn't good in 1-2-1s, not that fast, not that strong.
Not that good on the ball.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Same here. I think he’s been our best defender since joining the club and I don’t say that only because I’m swedish. The competition for the CB’s is not very hard atm. And I think Lindelöf would suit better with a physical strong and fast defender with actual leadership. I’m sorry to say it but that’s not Maguire right now.

As you said - if we want a more balanced CB pairing we should go for someone in the market.
So he needs someone who can head it, is strong, and can run fast next to him?
So what does Lindelof offer out of interest?

bludsucker

On salah dancing at his brothers wedding
He has got some smoking hot dance moves
There's another video out there where he's up on someone's shoulders dancing which I was a bit concerned about in case he fell
After testing positive for COVID-19
Of all the time for his brother to have a fecking wedding. He should have skyped in.
Those videos of him dancing on someone's shoulders seemed fun at the time didnt they...
Anything happens to Infantino, we know who is responsible
Oh for the love of...

I mean, if someone was to accidentally brutally cut off Gianni Infantini's head with a razor while he was shaving, one of you would give me an alibi, right?
Tin foil hats out
Can't believe how many cases we've had and injuries. Seems very disproportionate to any other premier league side.

This season is a fecking joke.
it’s a fecking ‘*’ season...
*disclaimer, unless we win it again
cant be bothered at this point, feck football, feck covid and feck everybody
Right, who used the Monkey's Paw to make sure the season came back so we could win the league on the pitch?
We will be having a raffle for which fan gets to sit on the bench at this rate.
Stand-by lads...you may get a call in case we run out of players
I’m left footed if we’re looking for a Mo replacement. And like Mo I’m also a man. I’m the obvious like-for-like choice.
PS: @No Idea For Nickname just beat me to it. The mods can delete this if they find it nit worthy.

Reactions: 12OunceEpilogue

bludsucker

James “Superman” milner
Is anyone else wondering just how many positions James Milner could play in a single game ? Eldest in the squad and will probably be the last man standing
Milner doesn't get Covid.
Covid gets Milner.

It'll be a false positive and Virgil is coming in with a bionic knee.

Our luck has to turn eventually
Family weddings need fecking off, especially during worldwide pandemics.
Haven't you previously said you're getting together with all your family for a big Christmas shindig?
Yes, its going to be great. 100 odd people, having a dance for hours and hours. A traditional, Egyptian Christmas.
These lot have a sense of humor.
If one of his teammates gets it from him, it might be a rare instance of him passing it on to a teammate

sangria

You mean like, "Your frying pan conducts heat pretty good"?

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Can you discuss Lindelöf in the right thread, please?

Sleigh

Supports
Leicester City
As a Leicester fan, I’m looking forwards to playing Liverpool.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
Came on here to check this when I saw Salah had tested positive, must say I’m not disappointed!

cptkeane1993

Salah will miss a game or two, and they have adequate cover in Jota. What an astute signing Jota seems to be.

After finishing 33 points behind them, and no astute signing of our own, it'd be an achievement to just keep that gap at 33.

macheda14

Salah will miss a game or two, and they have adequate cover in Jota. What an astute signing Jota seems to be.

After finishing 33 points behind them, and no astute signing of our own, it'd be an achievement to just keep that gap at 33.
They also have no centre backs now

bludsucker

Honestly wouldn't be surprised if his test comes back negative now and he has to play their games.
And then test positive when he comes back to us, therefore missing more games for us..

Saw it going across on the scrolling yellow bar ...

EGYPTIAN FA COMFIRM MOHAMED SALAH HAS ....

With the way our luck with injuries is going right now I fully expected it to go on to say ... 'Lost both his legs in a freak gardening incident with a lawnmower!'
It’s clear the blame should be firmly placed on his brother, I mean who has a wedding in November? Probably got the venue at a cheaper rate with it not being peak season. So we’re all in agreement we blame his brother and Mo is back for Atalanta?

Coughing down the wing

Salah is an adult.

The ability/courage to say no is a great attribute to have.
Totally get what you mean mate, if only he said no to his brother the same way he says no to Sadio when he asks Mo to pass to him.
Absolutely staggered. The first signs that players think they are better than they are need slinging. Absolute pisstake.
:lol:
Good thing we're at our best when our backs are against the wall
What about when our backs are in hospital?
Could we swap him for a CB in January maybe? One who doesn’t go to weddings?
Edwards needs to put No Weddings clause in any contract for a new CB
Or only sign orphans, maybe we could battle it out with MI6!