RAWK Goes Into Meltdown 2016-17 Edition

Harold_Giles

On the VVD transfer
Cheers Gerry!
Woohoo. What a statement this would mean.
Might actually make negotiations easier for us with our other targets we're rumoured to be chasing.
Top players want to join a project that they believe can deliver the goods AND get paid at the same time. The fact Van Dijk has potentially opted for us over the two biggest trophy threats in England, is absolutely massive. Can anyone reject a move to Liverpool, assuming financial issues are relative, after a Klopp phonecall?

Let's call it as it is, Van Dijk got Klopped!
You can tell that there's no football being played at the moment.
Who can say no to Liverpool and the man/god hybrid that is Klopp?

Getting Klopped? Hope he brought out the lube

Peanut Butter

How long until their Dick Van Dyke thread is locked after recent news?!

Every reputable news outlet reporting this now. This is very bad news, I am devastated.

How come Man United get away with tapping up Pogba all last summer?

Pardon my language but feck this and feck football!
:lol:

montpelier

there's been a bit of a Mod clean up of the ''VVD - Are We Paying Enough?'' thread I'm afraid , :(. But the highlights look something like this (all genuine).

I can't help look at this from the Saints point of view, arguably their best player, 5 year contract, jut spent 6 months rehabilitating the lad. Papers and tv full of a move for the guy despite having received no contact.

I'd report us.
Your heads fell off mate
They are pissed because we pulled a flanker on them by stopping an auction
...no wonder their fans hate us.
Cut out the bickering or the thread will be locked.
Is that Ward Prouse guy worth bidding for?
They are a midtable selling club and the idea that Liverpool are somehow uniquely responsible for the exodus of their players is laughable.
Know your place, Southampton.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
They love banding about the 'midtable' jibe, don't they? They finished below Southampton in 15/16, and 2 points ahead of them (in 6th) in 14/15.

They finish top 4 for only the 2nd time since 2009 and they're Billy Big Bollocks all of a sudden.

Bwuk

They love banding about the 'midtable' jibe, don't they? They finished below Southampton in 15/16, and 2 points ahead of them (in 6th) in 14/15.

They finish top 4 for only the 2nd time since 2009 and they're Billy Big Bollocks all of a sudden.
They are clowns mate. They finished 8th recently and mock us for finishing 6th, despite winning more in one season than they have in 10.

Inter Yer Nan

They are clowns mate. They finished 8th recently and mock us for finishing 6th, despite winning more in one season than they have in 10.
I've even heard them say their 8th place two finals lost was a better season than our 6th place two finals won season because of the teams we played. Lets compare the respective clubs average 5 year, 10 year or 2 year position you'll find they lag behind us no matter what. They also lag behind in trophies as they never win any.

1974_Fergie_Time

If the are automating Jose to JM6 should we not automate Klopp to Klopp0

signify number of trophies he has won at Liverpool

AndyJ1985

I wonder what creative ways they'll come up with to blame Ferguson and the FA for their shameful transfer antics.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
Here comes the meltdown. Knew this was too good to believe.
F this shit!
Honestly does anything sum up the joke we are in the transfer market more than this.

Missed out on top players marginally due to us being slower or cheaper and feck a top player straight out the window due to a schoolboy error.

The people pumping hard earned cash into the club through tickets/merch etc deserve better than this crap.
Imagine actually believing we can land Keita after this.
I hope one day the details of what happened here come out, as surely it can't be as incompetent as it seems?
fecking monkeys running the show , fecking sick of it now , made look like right chumps
Finally in a position where a top player chooses us over a rival and we feck it up.

Disgrace from a professional club by people getting paid big money.
This is just one page.

Saf94

Embarrassment, bloody amateurs somebody needs to get fired. Klopp will ring the neck of the guy responsible for this.
Edwards surely has to be fired surely. No one can stay in a job after such a big feck up.
Utter load of shit. Someone's got to be fired for leaking this surely.

Competely amateur. Dickheads
No action to be taken by the Premier League against us.

I actually wish they would ban us from transfers. At this stage we're like a toddler with a revolver; we're a fecking danger to ourselves.
Why even release a public statement, why not just make contact with Southampton privately apologising and let it all die down.

Embarrassing, ran by wankers

Scarecrow

Having a week off
This guy is onto something:

Can't get my head round it either.

Unless...We had absolutely no intention of signing him in the first place....

Has anybody actually thought about that?...

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Embarrassment, bloody amateurs somebody needs to get fired. Klopp will ring the neck of the guy responsible for this.
Thought it was Klopp doing the tapping up? Texting for weeks. :lol:

Scarecrow

Having a week off
They're actually blaming Liverpool for this whole mess and not someone else, don't see what's so bad about that tbh.
Yep, that's true, in fairness. Still a good deal of Schadenfreude in it for us though.

LFC-Fans

Supports
Liverpool
Don't see what the fuss is about. Dodged a bullet big time.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I thought them shipping £50-60m on him would be hilarious, but this has topped that!

When Liverpool apologise for something, you know they've done something majorly wrong

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Don't see what the fuss is about. Dodged a bullet big time.
Indeed. A 26 year old who has only been in a top league for two seasons and only recently broke into a very average Dutch squad.

For the price quote you want much more than that. It was around a world record fee for a defender.

But the handling of transfers has become a bit of a joke. Too much leaked.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/40184515