RAWK Goes Into Meltdown 2016-17 Edition

Irrational.

They’re annoyingly sensible on there tonight…

fecking embarrassing the whole fecking saga. Small time nonsense. Southfeckinghampton playing us like a club of chumps.
Still can't believe we have managed to feck this up. A top class player finally chooses us over our rivals and then we manage to feck it up.

So frustrating that we have clearly caved instantly to pressure. Less than 24 hours after they report us we're issuing an apology. We should have just doubled down and put our bollocks on their board room table. There's an extra £10m taking it to £70m, now shut your mouths and give us Van Dijk.
Stunned, absolutely God Damned stunned. The fecking incompetance is unbelievable. We all read that FSG thread. A lot of people were already on the brink protests over the way FSG runs this club before silly season began and now this.

We can still salvage this but we are scrambling. No there is not a CB as good as Van Dijk. But there are other good ones out there. But huge pressure is on the Salah and Keita deals and I frankly couldn't care less. Pay Red Bull and Roma whatever they want as soon as fecking possible. Then pay Leverkusen for Tah. Only way to salvage it.

What a fecking joke.
Imagine if VVD publicly says Southampton met with him several times before transfer season when he played for Celtic
Our stupidity is unmatched. How the feck do you convince a player over two of the richest clubs in the world then proceed to feck up the transfer completely and apologize like a bunch of fecking amateurs?

Aside from that we are also haggling for a player we failed to sign once already due to the same fecking reason.

Unreal
We're the football equivalent of the Trump administration.
Like a Virgil..tapped for the very first time
Honestly don't get the hype over the lad.

Buy lads who kick it in the goal or help to.

Mane over some massive grock.
Say what u want about Ferguson, he knew how to tap a player up. Weve just come across like an amateur and that apology is cringeworthy. Utterly embarrassing and a laughing stock across the world.

Don't know if it weakens our position in future transfers with any club but we are going to be under greater scrutiny whereas other teams could try any underhanded techniques and probably get away with it.

The fact quite a few transfer feck ups have happened under FSGs tenure in such a relatively short time doesn't bode well.
Barcelona had a transfer ban.

Real Madrid had a transfer ban.

Atletico Madrid have a transfer ban this summer.

Somehow they survived. We will too if we get one , of which i doubt we will.
It's not like Arsenal didn't tap Suárez up right?

Ridiculous from Southampton, everyone knows how that game's played these days and they'll only scare off players from wanting to join them.

Besides van Dijk is nowhere nearly worth that stupid money.

Bullet dodged
i firmly believe we have some feckers employed at the club whose only interest is to drag us down.

it wasnt long ago since our team and tactics were being leaked before every game.

out of curiosity, how many of our board or senior staff are actually liverpool supporters?

Then I saw this:

Shit in a bag and punch it.

Not content with just tapping up the single player, a poster suggests bidding for yet another Saints player:

Do you think we can do a deal to get Bertrand thrown in as a makeweight too?

Bertrand and Van Dyck for Sakho plus £50 million?

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
:lol: They're all convinced he chose them over City and Chelsea. I'd bet good money they were the only club seriously interested at the prices being quoted.

johnamiri

Supports
Liverpool
Got up this morning to this news. How can a club especially run by so called business savvy Yanks be so amateur in their approach? Somebody or bodies will go after this farce. I don't see this helping in any way with the rest of what is the most crucial transfer window for years. Still we take it as it is and go forward with our club. Not happy but thats life

klayton88

Some tweets from a pool fan on twitter.

WPMUFC

i've noticed a few mentions of FSG. If the rumours are right, this all because of Klopp incessantly contacting him and potentially meeting him face-to-face. FSG can't be held responsible for his stupidity.

D2Z

Supports
Undercover "Chelsea fan" ;)
You Probably haven't seen my posts on the transfer prior to this. Always said £60million was stupid money.

Would of been classic Liverpool to pay over and above the odds for someone
This aint about you. Its about Liverpool being a shitehouse and this is about as Liverpool as you get, not overpaying.

prath92

I would say so yes. We do a lot of compicated things on offence things we can improve on with a Salah type player. But defence it's a lot of individual skill trumping some great strategy for what we currently do, which is different than what we did under Houllier and Rafa. We play like Barcelona and Real Madrid. Barcelona improved buying Mascherano, Real Madrid improved buying Pepe, Varane and Sergio Ramos. Bayern improved buying Javi Martinez and Jerome Boateng.

And most importantly it is a lot harder to buy undervalued talent then it was even 5 or 6 years ago. Everyone's scouting has advanced immensely and there is so much money almost no one goes under the radar. You put up the money or you don't.
I've been going through a depressive episode over the last 6 months, and the anti-depressants I take make it incredibly difficult to sleep. And although the meds are working well in terms of my mood etc., when I try to sleep for hours and hours and I just can't manage it, some pretty dark thoughts start mustering up and I've got to force myself to think about the good things in life (it's really hard to force these things).

Last night, when I was going through this, I just started imagining VvD in LFC and how we seem to be making a bit of a statement and pursuing targets that City and Chelsea are after, and offering the same amount of money to boot. And then I just had all these images of him bossing it and Liverpool being the finished article (Yea, yea, I know, but this was supposed to be an uplifting fantasy, right?). And I managed to sleep before the darkness took over again. It was incredible.

First thing I see when I wake up, we've ended our interest. This is hilarious. In a bad way haha.

Oh well, it would have been a great signing, I think, but I'm glad we're deciding to move on quickly (the club, not some of the posters here) and try to get some other targets in, ones with less drama attached.
So... Japanese Suicide Club in here....

Let's give it time. We're almost a month out from the actual window and you never know what can happen.

The club managed to sign their most important transfer in the last 20 years - Klopp, so let's have some faith.

Number32

Normal clubs talk to the player's agent, not texting him on his cellphone 24/7 like a lovesick teenager
And they also have to contact his club first to grant a permission or it would be illegal talk.

Saints have made it clear Liverpool never ask them about VVD. But they understand the media leaked too many talks between Liverpool and VVD which is illegal.

Mindhunter

And they also have to contact his club first to grant a permission or it would be illegal talk.

Saints have made it clear Liverpool never ask them about VVD. But they understand the media leaked too many talks between Liverpool and VVD which is illegal.
Not really, you are allowed to talk to the agent any time you want. Club has to give permission to talk to the player, who is a contracted employee.

Mart1974

harbours delusions of insignificance
Your definition of humiliated must be different to mine.
Probably because as a fan of a club other than Liverpool he hasn't had his shame gland removed and replaced with a self pity gland...

Mart1974

harbours delusions of insignificance
That really is the worst analogy I've ever read :lol:

Looks more like going in, trying to pocket it whilst being a clown with no comprehension of subtlety, and then apologising profusely as the security guard sits across from you in his office.
That's just shopping for them...

lewwoo

It doesn't matter what shite life throws at me when I wake up every morning I remember I'm not a liverpool supporter and smile.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Getting Liverpool to apologise for a wrongdoing means Southampton have now achieved something more impressive than Leicester winning the league.

Angelinho

Sounds like the boom bust cycle graph might need revising this season - with it peaking at June 7th.

Alabaster Codify7

This reeks to me of an over-zealous CEO or whatever. Remember when Woodward used to bump his gums any time a microphone was anywhere near him, about how much money we had to spend?

That cooled down once he got his head in the game.

Basically, someone has gotten over-excited about the headlines:

"Liverpool break transfer record for CB"

"Liverpool are back in the big-time, signing players who've rejected City/Chelsea/United"

"Liverpool are eating with the big boys again"

They've jumped the gun, bumped their gums and beaten their chests too much and now they're SCREWED.

Because any club they now approach know they have around 50-60m to spend on a CB and they are desperate for one.

Kind of like us after Griezmann collapsed. Clubs know we're desperate for a striker and 100m is becoming the mantra.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
:lol: They're all convinced he chose them over City and Chelsea. I'd bet good money they were the only club seriously interested at the prices being quoted.
They've also managed to convinced themselves that he won't go to another English team because he chose them, do any of them actually understand how football works?

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
The problem with that forum is they're so willing to defend the ownership that they'll throw everyone under the bus including the manger. Literally you could be bedding their missus get caught in the act and they'd still want to take samples to ensure it was conclusively your sperm. They just won't take the usual channels as admission of guilt despite FSG having 7 years worth of previous as evidence. A perpetual never ending cycle of mediocrity helped on by the fans .

Peanut Butter

The problem with that forum is they're so willing to defend the ownership that they'll throw everyone under the bus including the manger. Literally you could be bedding their missus get caught in the act and they'd still want to take samples to ensure it was conclusively your sperm. They just won't take the usual channels as admission of guilt despite FSG having 7 years worth of previous as evidence. A perpetual never ending cycle of mediocrity helped on by the fans .
Not quite true. They will throw the owners under the bus way before Sir Jesus of Kloppite gets blamed for anything.