RAWK Goes Into Meltdown - Quadruple Watch 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Member 125288

Just risen from the crypt to see what all the commotion is.
It’s the 10 year-younger regen of the guy next to the green jacket having a stroke. If you look closely you’ll notice that stroke guy closes his eyes and expires just as regen guy reaches full height.

Soul transfer complete.

Member 101269

I noticed this on the BBC Have Your Say (it's the comments bit on some of the website reports) about Felix signing for Chelsea today

Not John Barnes replied:
I know for a FACT if Liverpool signed him, there'd be a 100 page thread on Redcafe with them all mocking the signing, there's one there on Nunez for instance.
They're all desperately trying to make out Weghorst is a good signing though, which is absolutely hilarious. Seeing grown men lying through their teeth so they don't get screenshots taken. A gadji not good enough for championship Burnley
Do they even know what a fact is, bless.

BerryBerryShrew

What the feck is a gadji? Is that some new weird scouse dialect word?

My favourite petty name calling of theirs is saying ‘Mr Ferguson’ when referring to SAF. I’m guessing it’s to spite his knighthood and maybe related to Shankly and Paisley not getting knighted?

But to me, it sounds laughably subservient to call him that, as opposed to classic whiskey nose or bacon face.
I suspect that "Mr Ferguson" is an autocorrect on the site as opposed to the posters using it. For instance, if you type "SAF" or "Sir Alex", it gets autocorrected to "Mr Ferguson". Petty, but there ya go.

BarstoolProphet

I noticed this on the BBC Have Your Say (it's the comments bit on some of the website reports) about Felix signing for Chelsea today

Not John Barnes replied:
I know for a FACT if Liverpool signed him, there'd be a 100 page thread on Redcafe with them all mocking the signing, there's one there on Nunez for instance.
They're all desperately trying to make out Weghorst is a good signing though, which is absolutely hilarious. Seeing grown men lying through their teeth so they don't get screenshots taken. A gadji not good enough for championship Burnley
Even if it were true that we are desperately trying to make out that WW is a good signing, there's still a massive gap in expectation between a €3m stop-gap signing and a player they blew their entire summer budget on and who they also are banking on replacing one of their most important players in their recent success.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
Can't sleep, so...
On our new player

Manchester United are on the verge of signing striker Wout Weghorst (30) on loan until the end of the season. [@Santi_J_FM]
I thought Ten Hag was the new Pep? He has no pull
Odd signing but they do need that centre forward. Nunez was exactly what they needed.

He can be a good plan b as he showed for Holland
Has someone told ETH that he is actually allowed to sign players that don't come from the Eredivisie?
It would be interesting to see some of the posts in this thread about Gakpo back in August..
It's pretty easy to look if you're really that interested
Ah I haven't got North Bank's patience to fish out old posts I just recall a few saying they hoped we splurged a load of money on him because he wasn't any good when we were strongly linked
Par for the course, though, isn't it. I'm sure most of Red Cafe thought he'd be a great buy until we snapped him up.
Have you read his thread on the main forum? Half of the people there are questioning why we signed him
They've even linked with Depay now, five years after deciding he wasn't good enough for them. This obsession with Dutch and Eredivisie players is insane.
It's obvious that's all their current manager knows so he clings to it like a comfort blanket
Ten Haag complains about United buying too many average players in the last few seasons and his signings this month look likely to be Jack Butland and Wout Weghorst
Aren't they loaning, not buying?

Dunno enough about his character, but if we had reinforcements forthcoming this window a loan for a Butland-type could have been a handy way to free up non-UK positions for league and CL squads. As it stands, no rush to move Adrian on early though
Yeah not too sure why people are taking the piss out of the Weghorst signing, he’s a capable target man that can play a bit. He’s far better than any striker Burnley had before or after him and I was a bit surprised no one better took him in the summer.

He’s nothing special but as a player with a specific skillset to occupy centre halves and create space for more mobile, skilful attackers, it definitely makes sense. Funnier would have been bringing Fellaini back from China, signing Daley Blind again or spending £45m on Brereton Diaz.
That's probably why?:)

You'd think they'd want something more. Also it's not like he's a Giroud level type player either.
But he’s not shite either, nor is he an ill-fitting piece. It’s not like when they’ve tried to shoehorn Falcao, Ighalo or Schweinsteiger into the team in the past, he actually makes sense and has a plausible functional use that also looks logical based on the players around him.

He’s too good to take the piss out of and not good enough to get worried about or even give much thought to altogether. It’s funny when they’re shit or clearly there to rinse the club for wages.
He might bring a modicum of success as a substitute. Guess we'll have to see. I don't think even the most loyal United supporter would have had him on their list of potential targets.

Agreed that he's not worth thinking about
Just heard Weghorst described on radio (by the newsreader not some idiotic caller) as "being a proven goalscorer for club and country at the very top level"
He was not even a proven scorer at Burnley and Beşiktaş

On Garnacho
Garnacho is gonna be great. Nothing like good old Jazzyjizz, he's got hunger.
I hear that Terrence McNally is already drafting his new play A Perfect Ganacho...
He's been spending too much time with Luke Shaw.
And not enough time with Marcus Rashford.
And other stuff
League Cup isn't Mickey Mouse again amongst their rabid fanbase now they are getting a bye to the final.
Always been the same with the smaller clubs - micky mouse til they get to the final and win it - until then - it's not worth winning.

Until it suddenly is.
fecking hell, if they win tomorrow they're only a point behind City with nearly half the season gone
Incredible, really. They won't finish in the top two though, but definitely signs of improvement. Amazing they are where they are though with a fairly ordinary team, bar a couple of players. Then again, look at Newcastle, and dare I say... Arsenal.
They'll also raise their game against City like they do for us. ETH has done a good job considering the laughing stock they were but I still think they're a season or two away from really challenging unless they strike it lucky with City and Arsenal both shitting the bed this season.
The league was really ordinary last season behind us and City. Both of us have dropped off massively (City not yet in points but they've had a really poor run of performances in the league going back before the break and the Southampton game the other night) and Arsenal and United have stepped up.

Newcastle have carried on their form from January last year. I'd say United have basically gone back to 20/21 levels when they finished 2nd under Ole. Ronaldo really fecked them over last season and Ole having to kowtow to him finished him off.
Apparently they’re introducing a 200k wage cap. Maybe it’s just that they don’t have any player worth more and they’re trying to spin it as a positive.
Don't believe that for one minute & second point has never stopped them before
They have no money though mate.
They've always had massive cash reserves compared to other clubs so they could always just drop a huge signing from nowhere even if they weren't needed but they don't have that now as they've spent it on shite and bad deals and players they couldn't get rid of.
Oh really? That's a shame. :)
Serves them right.

crossy1686

career ending
Rashfords first:
There's a hierarchy of corruptness. Utd, City ---------------------------------------‐‐--------------------------->Liverpool
We may as well completely feck the offside rule off at this point.

Ridiculous decision. & of course the United cheerleaders in the BT studio all seeing nothing wrong with it.
They read the rule out on TV over here and it seems like the thing they are clinging to is the fact that he didn't touch the ball or impede any of the defenders or goalkeeper from touching it ... even though the c*nt had the ball between his feet for about eight steps.
Michael Oliver on VAR today.l.lAnd he was our World Cup ref ffs
More corrupt was VAR not interfering in the clear foul on Grealish in the penalty area....
If that was the other way round, VAR would have called the referee over.

crossy1686

career ending
United winning

Is there anything more annoying in football than seeing these twats skank wins they shouldn’t? Can’t fecking stand them.
Casemiro is probably the best defensive midfielder in world football :(
Reply to that
Destroyed for the goal and could have given away 3 pens if officiated properly. Not the best day for that claim!
Told you

1-0 down and cheat their way to a 2-1 win . Spirit of 99
Bring back Ronaldo :'(
Arsenal had better win the league now, I can't have Man Utd winning it.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Casemiro could've given away 3 pens? :lol:

I'm sure they were as outraged last week after Salah's goal too. Dippy twats.

SinNombre

They don’t even have xG to cling to today. We were comfortably the better team on that count.

They. are. worried.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Beautiful day when this lot are impotent in 7th place worrying about what the actual good teams are doing.

Elcabron

Great to see their comments on us especially when they would have two or three other titles last few years if it weren't for city, despite that they would still prefer city to win :)

mu4c_20le

Perspective is the word of the week it seems

80 Welbeck gets in again and Brighton now 3 up.

Reasons to be cheerful today #7 - SOUTHAMPTON LEAD!!! Everton in deep trouble. #perspectivepeople

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
RAWK and Bluemoon thread active the same day, what a glorious day!

Telsim

Hierarchy of corruption (UPDATED):

Brighton, United, City --------------------------------> Liverpool

Status
Not open for further replies.