Real Time With Bill Maher

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
It was precisely that tough talk that Trump used to get elected though. He kind of built his whole campaign around it.

Omar Little

He had more than a point, it's been a muslim ban since Trump first mentioned it was a muslim ban. No amount of spin from Morgan, the TrumP administration will change that, hence "fuuuuck off".

Hell even the god damn courts agree with Jeffries and not Morgan.

But do carry on...
That may be so. But just shouting 'Muslim ban' and 'feck off' whilst childishly flipping the bird isn't a debate to anyone with any level of intelligence.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
He's a fecking stand-up comedian @Omar Little, what on Earth are you expecting :lol:

And there is nothing to "debate", as the federal courts agree, it's a muslim ban.
The court didn't make a ruling on whether it was or wasn't a Muslim ban - they focused more on whether green card holders had a right to a hearing and due process of law prior to being denied access to (re)enter the U.S. . The government failed to make a compelling point in that regard and were denied accordingly. Non-green card holders who want to immigrate to the U.S. don't have those rights and can still be denied entry if their country is on Trump's list. So all Trump has to do at this point is rewrite the order, keep the same countries as before, but omit the bit about green card holders and he is likely to get a more favorable ruling.

Last edited:

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Oddly enough, Sam Harris, who is a regular on Maher's show, was nowhere to be found. Instead of those two on the far left of the panel, Maher should've instead included Harris and Majid Nawaz.

Omar Little

My point about Jeffries is that had he been arguing on the same side as Morgan and acted the same way, he'd be labeled as an aggressive, abusive, moron.

That is not an opinion. That is a cold hard fact.

Now if the point of that debate was just to get a comedian on, to take the piss out of Morgan, act like a clown to get a few cheap laughs from the audience, then you may as well just watch SNL.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
My point about Jeffries is that had he been arguing on the same side as Morgan and acted the same way, he'd be labeled as an aggressive, abusive, moron.

That is not an opinion. That is a cold hard fact.

Now if the point of that debate was just to get a comedian on, to take the piss out of Morgan, act like a clown to get a few cheap laughs from the audience, then you may as well just watch SNL.
Yes but people hate Morgan and like Jeffries. People especially hate Morgan agreeing with Trump.

I really like Jeffries and he puts his point across much better in a prearranged routine, as you'd expect. He let himself get wound up by Morgan, that's all.

Last edited:

Drifter

American
Jefferies hit the nail on the head with his comment about the apprentice.Brutal but true

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
For all Piers Morgan talks about 'hysteria' from liberal types who oppose Trump, he sure spends a lot of time being offended by people who tell him to feck off and don't like him. Works, though...he's getting a fair bit more media attention than he had been for a while.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Milo's schtick pretty much flopped on Bill Maher, setting the gay, Jewish, alt-right movement back decades.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
I thought Maher buddy-ed up with Milo too much there. The latter smartly kept pressing upon one of Maher's pet hatred of left's PC and outrage culture and Maher took the bait every time.

I thought Larry Wildmore gave Milo the response he deserves.

ChaddyP

Milo's schtick pretty much flopped on Bill Maher, setting the gay, Jewish, alt-right movement back decades.

I thought milo did well here and got his points off well. Where as Bill used his host status and just changed topics or just cut the interview short when milo was making his point.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Only seen the interview but Maher massively buddied up to Milo and they spent far too long talk about their commonality which is their pet hate of the PC Left brigade, ignoring the fact that in recent weeks the right have shown to be just as big a snowflakes.

Yiannopoulos came across as a slight snake but otherwise he came across fairly legitimate which isn't how he is normally.

Edit. He got torn apart on the Overtime bit

Last edited:

hobbers

Telling someone to feck off and/or reductio ad hitlerum does not constitute tearing anything apart but your own place in the debate. The Jim Jefferies effect.

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I thought Maher buddy-ed up with Milo too much there. The latter smartly kept pressing upon one of Maher's pet hatred of left's PC and outrage culture and Maher took the bait every time.

I agree he gave him the response he deserves there, though he seemed to be trembling either with fear or rage during that whole thing. Maher allowed himself to be steered by Milo agreeing with his pet hate about 'Liberal snowflakes shutting down debate'.

Also, was reading a white supremacist website a few days ago (don't ask). Some of them were discussing this alt right phenomenon. A portion seemed to think they were a good vehicle to advance their cause. Most seemed to smart at the fact they could be part of any movement with a 'Jewish fag' as one of its cheerleaders. Was quite funny to see how much they hate him actually.

Nik70

Only seen the interview but Maher massively buddied up to Milo and they spent far too long talk about their commonality which is their pet hate of the PC Left brigade, ignoring the fact that in recent weeks the right have shown to be just as big a snowflakes.

Yiannopoulos came across as a slight snake but otherwise he came across fairly legitimate which isn't how he is normally.

Edit. He got torn apart on the Overtime bit
No he didn't

Last edited:

Borden

Why? Maybe because you don't agree with his point of view?
No, I just don't find anything he has to say particularly original or interesting. I don't get why people are so hysterical about him, he's obviously a clown who will say anything "edgy" to bait a reaction out of people. Just ignore the fecker ffs.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan

How credible is Malcolm Nance? Anyone read his book and reccomemd reading it?

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
I agree he gave him the response he deserves there, though he seemed to be trembling either with fear or rage during that whole thing. Maher allowed himself to be steered by Milo agreeing with his pet hate about 'Liberal snowflakes shutting down debate'.

Also, was reading a white supremacist website a few days ago (don't ask). Some of them were discussing this alt right phenomenon. A portion seemed to think they were a good vehicle to advance their cause. Most seemed to smart at the fact they could be part of any movement with a 'Jewish fag' as one of its cheerleaders. Was quite funny to see how much they hate him actually.
Can you PM me the white supremacist site address? Am interested to read how these guys think.

Nik70

No, I just don't find anything he has to say particularly original or interesting. I don't get why people are so hysterical about him, he's obviously a clown who will say anything "edgy" to bait a reaction out of people. Just ignore the fecker ffs.
Fair point

Raoul

Admin
Staff

:lol: Malcolm Nance at 9:10 - Are you American ? (no) feck off.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Did Bill Maher agree with NC HB 2? (Protecting women from males in barthrooms isn't unreasonable)

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout

r/altright was recently shut down because of repeated doxxing. When it was up, an easy way to separate wavering newcomers and true believers was Milo - a brave truthteller and fighter, or a (((faggot))) (respectively).
Examples:
https://www.reddit.com/r/AgainstHat...ann_coulter_and_milo_arent_racist_enough_for/
https://www.reddit.com/r/AgainstHat...anyone_noticed_that_raltright_seems_entirely/

Sweet Square

ˈkämyənəst

The 'statistics' about trans gender and sexual assault Milo used seems to be completely made up - http://abcnews.go.com/US/sexual-ass...ns-debunk-bathroom-predator/story?id=38604019

If your not going to challenge likes of Milo than it's pointless having him on and only furthers helps his bigotry.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
Notice how he immediately questioned the IQs of the two black panelists as soon as his views were questioned. He is not a serious person with serious ideas.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Oof, just saw a bit more. Either Maher is a complete ignoramus and non-entity of a journalist who doesn't bother researching his subject, or he is a spineless coward. Anyone vaguely familiar with the alt-right knows that for them IQ = race.
Saying "we were getting along if not for the 2 low-IQ guests", while pointing at 2 blacks (ignoring the 3rd, white, guest) is pretty brazen for anyone who's read a page of the alt-right poison, and should be clear even to someone who hasn't.

Edit: @Keeps It tidy got there 1st

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
Milo brings nothing useful or constructive to the table. Only famous for being a gay person who talks a lot of shit on behalf of the right. Probably got into it because he was made fun of as a teen and uses this platform as some sort of retribution. Too thick to understand the cycle.

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Oof, just saw a bit more. Either Maher is a complete ignoramus and non-entity of a journalist who doesn't bother researching his subject, or he is a spineless coward. Anyone vaguely familiar with the alt-right knows that for them IQ = race.
Saying "we were getting along if not for the 2 low-IQ guests", while pointing at 2 blacks (ignoring the 3rd, white, guest) is pretty brazen for anyone who's read a page of the alt-right poison, and should be clear even to someone who hasn't.

Edit: @Keeps It tidy got there 1st
I agree about this 100%. Maher needed to get a bit of a grip on that rather than treating it all as some kind of joke. Yeah he's all for free speech, great. But you're supposed to be leading a serious show. To have one panellist say another two have low IQ, whether there are racial undertones or not, should not really be a valid tactic on his show.

The 'statistics' about trans gender and sexual assault Milo used seems to be completely made up - http://abcnews.go.com/US/sexual-ass...ns-debunk-bathroom-predator/story?id=38604019

If your not going to challenge likes of Milo than it's pointless having him on and only furthers helps his bigotry.
That's the problem with him though. He says it so brazenly and with such incredible confidence, that you would need to have researched it specifically beforehand to argue with it. On hearing it, I know that statistic didn't feel right, I thought it was unlikely untrue. But I wasn't 100% sure. And if I'm faced with someone who is telling me that it is known and not even a controversial statistic (especially someone within the LGBT community, or any community relevant to the statistic), I'm going to need to go away and research that. Milo obviously doesn't care because by the time that's happened, he's on another show spreading some similar bile.

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
r/altright was recently shut down because of repeated doxxing. When it was up, an easy way to separate wavering newcomers and true believers was Milo - a brave truthteller and fighter, or a (((faggot))) (respectively).
Examples:
https://www.reddit.com/r/AgainstHat...ann_coulter_and_milo_arent_racist_enough_for/
https://www.reddit.com/r/AgainstHat...anyone_noticed_that_raltright_seems_entirely/
Its an interesting group that I think people are probably struggling to properly understand.

As for Milo, I'm not sure how much of it is stuff he believes and how much of it is just said to increase his profile and make money. Who knows?

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Posters are surprised Maher brings on a guest and doesn't challenge nonsense/differences?

He allowed asshats like Coulter and Issa on his show and never called them out for their blatant bullshit. It's about ratings and soundbites.