Redcafe Snooker

sallycinnamin

Ronnie not playing again now till Friday.
That was getting edgy there and Pang didn't look like missing at one stage. Would love to see O' Sullivan vs Valfaei.

poleglass red

Ronnie not playing again now till Friday.
That was getting edgy there and Pang didn't look like missing at one stage. Would love to see O' Sullivan vs Valfaei.
Ronnie post game said he isn't feeling well, has some kind of bug, hopefully the break lets him shake it off

sallycinnamin

Ronnie post game said he isn't feeling well, has some kind of bug, hopefully the break lets him shake it off
Without a doubt he's going to be so different with a QF place at stake and if it's against Valfaei who said something like O' Sullivan should retire as if he needed any extra motivation.
Love to see a bit of needle along with some standout snooker too.

jeff gurr

Supports
Leicester City
Without a doubt he's going to be so different with a QF place at stake and if it's against Valfaei who said something like O' Sullivan should retire as if he needed any extra motivation.
Love to see a bit of needle along with some standout snooker too.
Ronnie has become a bit of an irritant for me lately !! Complaining about the state of the game but not doing anything to help fix it. He was my favourite player for many years but not so much anymore.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
Ronnie has become a bit of an irritant for me lately !! Complaining about the state of the game but not doing anything to help fix it. He was my favourite player for many years but not so much anymore.
Yes I agree with you and there seems to be a bit of bad blood between Ronnie and Murphy too.

Pablo76

Crazy scenes at the Crucible. Seems a protestor has dumped a load of sand or something on one of the tables.

Bertie Wooster

Woman on the other table really screwed up her end of the deal.
The guy was certainly much quicker getting onto his table.

The male referee helped save the other table as well - he was able to hold her until security arrived and prevented her spoiling it.

Pablo76

It was a synchronised effort. Same thing happened on the other table but a woman got tackled before she got on the table.
Wow, totally missed that..

Went to make a coffee and came back to the table being more orange than green! I wonder what the substance is?

hp88

Thought these wankers had fecked off after painting car showrooms around London, seems like they're back.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Anyone know what they were protesting?

Edit; ah, oil protestors. Because when I think of snooker I immediately think of oil and gas.

CallyRed

I thought it was because the snooker balls were made out of ivory and baboon skull.

predator

Youth NITK
I literally just stopped watching before this happened to make an omelette. Probably the most exciting thing to happen to snooker ever :lol:

Bertie Wooster

look again .. white shirted girl tries to climb on the other table and messes it up
She did mess it up. But she'd have still probably got on before security arrived so it was also very brave from the referee, Olivier Marteel. He went above and beyond getting involved like that as for all he knew she could have had some kind of weapon - scissors or a knife to cut the cloth or something. So he deserves huge credit for his quick and brave reactions which at least left one of the tables fit for play.

Cole9

It’s the people in the crowd that got me :lol::lol:

“You prick!”

“Wanker!”

“Knock him out!”

Bertie Wooster

Anyone know what they were protesting?

Edit; ah, oil protestors. Because when I think of snooker I immediately think of oil and gas.
Yeah, that's my main issue with this kind of protest. Target the thing you're protesting about, not something completely unrelated.

I've no issue with these groups targeting oil companies, or animal rights campaigners targeting Horse Racing, Bull Fighting, etc, for its cruelty. But don't target a completely innocent and unconnected thing just to use it to draw further attention to your cause.

Motorman

Do the protesters get charged for the damage, generally, when they do this sort of thing?

I imagine that wouldn't be cheap, reclothing the tables?

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
:lol: "terrible, terrible scenes".

Also, the woman failing was hilarious.

Zen

Highest interest in Snooker in years. Bet Ronnies delighted, he wanted something outside of the box to boost the sport.

Sweet Square

This has gotta be their best work yet.

It’s their masterpiece. It make sense that people are annoyed at trains getting stopped or protesters trying to destroy Van Gogh paintings. But the outrage over some dust on a snooker table is just very funny.

The Eurosport commentary and of course GB News reaction is amazing.

Last edited:

ChrisNelson

The thing that gets me is that surely when you're protesting or campaigning for something, whether it be climate change, animal rights etc. or campaigning as an MP your end game is to get people onside.

You want your actions to make the public think yeah, they've got a fair point and they've gone the right way about putting it across.

These oxygen thieves are doing the exact opposite, by disrupting daily life and now a snooker tournament to try and raise awareness, they've actually turned even more people against them.

There's comments on social media such as people claiming they'll buy another petrol car to make up for it etc. which is obviously a massive exaggeration but that is the kind of mindset they have created.

I really hope the rest of the tournament is unaffected because the players and fans do not deserve what happened last night.