g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Renato Sanches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil Osophy

The same old excuses here, what a surprise. He lost a ball in the 70 minute and he was running back like a buffalo. And he was pressing high around the minute 80, so "tired" my ass. He's just mediocre as he's always been, nothing new today.

He did nothing and his few moments were awful. He ruined two clear counter-attacks after poor touches, and he provoked two against his team again, like every week. One of them doing a silly roulette who nearly provoked a goal while they fight for the league. He's responsible of 90 % of the counter-attacks against his team this season, but he's 18 so it doesn't count.

If it happens next season while he's playing for us and we lose some games, we can talk with the FA, arguing that he's just 18 and he was tired when he lost some key balls. But we played better and we want the points or repeating the match at least.

You can make all the excuses you want, but this transfer is capricious and unnecessary. The wrong player, the wrong moment and the wrong numbers. Everything is absurd around this move, and it's all Mendes and commissions flying everywhere, let's be clear and stop the excuses now.

We'll pay 60-80 M € for the first signing of the summer, and then we'll try to sign proven players after this and everybody will demand similar fees or even higher, so it will be very difficult to improve all our weak points. Because if we pay this for someone who can't control a ball and doesn't know to play football, how much will it cost a proven midfielder or forward which is more expensive? 250?

Our club is being robbed by agents and poorly managed by clueless amateurs. Next season we're going to have our most expensive squad in history while we play the Europa League, and the same ignorants will be here applauding blindly every decision because "they know exactly what they do". If that's the case they must be Liverpool fans.

dichinero

We could get 100+ TFM's for the price of Renato Sanches.
:lol:

On a serious note, I don't think Sanches is a better all round footballer than TFM and without a shadow of a doubt I believe he will be a top player in the future. Despite him being deployed in defence I'm sure he can excel in the midfield. And if we are worried about him no longer being our future CB, I have faith in Tuanzebe and Ro Williams.

We have an abundance of young players that can play in the midfield in;
Rothwell
Powell
Love
TFM
Poole
Pereira
McNair
Goss
Weir
Redmond
Willock

Surely out of this lot 2 can become top talents in an extreme case. Why not give them a chance? And we still have Herrera, Schneiderlin and Blind who are relatively young and are yet to hit their prime. The Purchase of Martial made more sense having sold RvP, Nani, Chicarito, Welbeck, Falcao, Di Maria leaving us with Rooney, Wilson, Keane, Rashford and Fletcher.

Redo91

The same old excuses here, what a surprise. He lost a ball in the 70 minute and he was running back like a buffalo. And he was pressing high around the minute 80, so "tired" my ass. He's just mediocre as he's always been, nothing new today.

He did nothing and his few moments were awful. He ruined two clear counter-attacks after poor touches, and he provoked two against his team again, like every week. One of them doing a silly roulette who nearly provoked a goal while they fight for the league. He's responsible of 90 % of the counter-attacks against his team this season, but he's 18 so it doesn't count.

If it happens next season while he's playing for us and we lose some games, we can talk with the FA, arguing that he's just 18 and he was tired when he lost some key balls. But we played better and we want the points or repeating the match at least.

You can make all the excuses you want, but this transfer is capricious and unnecessary. The wrong player, the wrong moment and the wrong numbers. Everything is absurd around this move, and it's all Mendes and commissions flying everywhere, let's be clear and stop the excuses now.

We'll pay 60-80 M € for the first signing of the summer, and then we'll try to sign proven players after this and everybody will demand similar fees or even higher, so it will be very difficult to improve all our weak points. Because if we pay this for someone who can't control a ball and doesn't know to play football, how much will it cost a proven midfielder or forward which is more expensive? 250?

Our club is being robbed by agents and poorly managed by clueless amateurs. Next season we're going to have our most expensive squad in history while we play the Europa League, and the same ignorants will be here applauding blindly every decision because "they know exactly what they do". If that's the case they must be Liverpool fans.
Can we thread ban this clown?

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt

I think you should take your campaign to Carrington. We are not the ones trying to sign him, the club is. Since you can do the job a lot better than they can.

ADJUDICATOR

Supports
THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD

Calm down a bit. I felt the same when we were going after Zaha and Fellaini but this is excessive.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
The pressure and attention of football Europe is on the lad right now. Youngsters tend to have problems with that.

Hopefully we've scouted long enough to be sure of his mental strength because it may get tough for him.

Zoo

The whole Benfica team were unimpressive and it was a poor, disjointed game. Fourth victory in a row by one goal, they are limping to the title.

ATXRedDevil

Only watched game compilations so I'm not an expert on the lad, but I thought it's been acknowledged that he's had a down turn in form lately that's coincided with how the whole team has been playing? The scouts have watched him all season.

Also, as to your comments on precedent as to price, isn't his buy out clause €80m? So if we get him for €40 + €20 wouldn't the other perspective be that we just got a player for half his buy out clause up front and another quarter on bonuses? Wouldn't that be a positive for future negotiations?

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Only watched game compilations so I'm not an expert on the lad, but I thought it's been acknowledged that he's had a down turn in form lately that's coincided with how the whole team has been playing? The scouts have watched him all season.

Also, as to your comments on precedent as to price, isn't his buy out clause €80m? So if we get him for €40 + €20 wouldn't the other perspective be that we just got a player for half his buy out clause up front and another quarter on bonuses? Wouldn't that be a positive for future negotiations?
No, we can agree a buyout clause of £200mil for McNair, that doesn't mean if someone pays £100mil for him that they got a bargain. I'm not saying the lad won't come good but nothing hes shown tells me he should be in the same price range as Martial. His passing is so wild and his touch can be awful at times, charging around the pitch at 100mph doesn't make him a good player.

Jake

Mine's too big and gay.

We wont take spending £40m+ a player lightly. If we do decided to do this deal I have much more faith in our scouts than you.

Football isn't an exact science. Gambles need to be taken - if our highly qualified staff thinks this kid has what it takes I'll put my fair in them not people like you.

stepic

People expecting a complete player at 18. He's a kid! But just imagine what he could be in a few years time. We have the money to take that risk.

Truedevil

Not that i don't agree with you but the same could have been said about Martial as well. Mendes will not force us to sign him ffs.

If we sign him it'll be the result of a long scouting project with multiple people of United all agreeing on Sanches being good enough and worthy of the big price.

RedStarUnited

Why then do you think his coach and other pundits seem to think highly of him? They go as far as saying he has been the key player to their season. Remember we were meant to have been in for him since Dec/January.

Adisa

One has to laugh at the theory that we would piss €60m just because Mendes says so. Come on.

dichinero

Why then do you think his coach and other pundits seem to think highly of him? They go as far as saying he has been the key player to their season. Remember we were meant to have been in for him since Dec/January.
I will take those comments lightly. Wayne Rooney's and Fellaini's coaches and pundits think highly of them too. Earlier today, his manager was reported to say he is ready for a move after 6 months. That doesn't sound like they think they have got the "biggest talent" in the world.

A player maybe regarded as a key player in a team IF he is key to the way they play. They play a system where Sanches hassles the opponents to allow other technical player to do their business. Ramirez was key Jose's plans, as was Fellaini to Moyes at Everton, Mikel to Guus at Chelsea. It doesn't make these players key in the sense of super talent.

People expecting a complete player at 18. He's a kid! But just imagine what he could be in a few years time. We have the money to take that risk.
That would be ridiculous! People just want to see more from a player being heralded as the best young CM in the world when compared to other CMs in the same age group. I've seen more in Alli and even TFM to say that Sanches has potential but he is not justifying the hype.

The whole Benfica team were unimpressive and it was a poor, disjointed game. Fourth victory in a row by one goal, they are limping to the title.
The team was flat tonight maybe due to fatigue but his first touch and passes in many instances under no pressure was kind of disappointing. Not unusual for a young player but not one that is supposed to be really good. I highly rate him on the physical front but nowhere technically.

Last edited:

3KDré

What I don't understand is why we would pay so much for Renato given that we are basing it on potential so there is risk he won't cut it. Surely it is more sensible to spend that much money, if possible, on the better and more established players that are already on the brink of being one of the best? I understand that younger players are more malleable and give greater longevity but there is a serious risk of having a team that is far too young, we already leaders and strong characters. Besides if we really wanted to, when this hypothetically great midfielder that we bought nearing/in their peak is too old to give it his best United could just go and buy another one. It's not as if we won't be still minted in 5 years or whatever.

Ekeke

Why worry about that? Clearly the men in charge would have a good control of our finances. It isn't like they would only check on Sep 1 regarding our financial position.

He was a good midfielder before his derailment. It's not as if he was shit from day 1.
Was he a 60 million euro player? more like 6.

I think Sanches is very likely to be a lot better, but if the rumoured fees are true he needs to be like Martial and thats entirely different

prath92

Was he a 60 million euro player? more like 6.

I think Sanches is very likely to be a lot better, but if the rumoured fees are true he needs to be like Martial and thats entirely different
Your initial post was

The main thing is he's physical, got good power and speed. But Anderson had these things too.
My point was that Anderson wasn't successful because he was unfit. Not because he wasn't talented and couldn't deal with the pace of the league or whatever. And he defended decently too.

Ekeke

Your initial post was

My point was that Anderson wasn't successful because he was unfit. Not because he wasn't talented and couldn't deal with the pace of the league or whatever. And he defended decently too.
No, he really didnt

Nighteyes

Another Muppet

Norris

No, he really didnt
Actually he did. Considering he was converted as a striker from Porto to a midfielder to us, he was very good at harrying people. He just couldn't do it for more than 30-45 mins.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
No, he really didnt
Yes he really did.... Anderson was an highly talented player than didn't have the right mentality to succeed here, but it's revisionism at its finest to say he didn't have to tools to make it here. When he first arrived though he was quite impressive showing good pace, strength sbd ability on the ball, like I said he failed due to his lack of hard work.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself

The meltdown.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Anderson was fantastic when he was an 18 year old. He had everything - strength, pace, passing accuracy and range as well as tenacity. As a youngster, he had all the raw tools to be a top top central midfielder. There was absolutely nothing lacking in his skillset. He even looked like a "natural footballer" early in his United career. It's once he started getting injured, that he just stood still/regressed instead of improving, and eventually fitness and application was lacking. But when he was 18/19 he was quality.

Even in 2012 one a day when it came together:

amolbhatia50k

Yes he really did.... Anderson was an highly talented player than didn't have the right mentality to succeed here, but it's revisionism at its finest to say he didn't have to tools to make it here. When he first arrived though he was quite impressive showing good pace, strength sbd ability on the ball, like I said he failed due to his lack of hard work.
Indeed. As far as 18 year olds go, he was one you'd put in the "dead cert" category. It's hard to judge what application and injury record the player will show over the course of his career but Anderson's raw skillset was fantastic. Barring shooting, he had everything.

Ekeke

Wheres the part where you disagree that he defended decently?

Actually he did. Considering he was converted as a striker from Porto to a midfielder to us, he was very good at harrying people. He just couldn't do it for more than 30-45 mins.
Cleverly was defending better in their partnership, and thats not saying much. Both of them left us exposed with the likes of Fellaini having a field day

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Indeed. As far as 18 year olds go, he was one you'd put in the "dead cert" category. It's hard to judge what application and injury record the player will show over the course of his career but Anderson's raw skillset was fantastic. Barring shooting, he had everything.
It's funny how hindsight works. When Anderson and Jones first arrived, both of them looked like bonafide superstars and the majority agreed with it. Injuries and their attitude stopped them from achieving it.

You'll find experts on here claiming they weren't very good from the start, but that wasn't the case when they were signed or when they played their first few matches.

amolbhatia50k

Wheres the part where you disagree that he defended decently?
This was your comment:
The main thing is he's physical, good power and speed. But Anderson had these things too.
Anderson had much more than just these things which is why he was considered a top talent. If rate Sanches as highly as we do, having scouted him as much as we have, we obviously see more in him than just strong and quick lad.

amolbhatia50k

It's funny how hindsight works. When Anderson and Jones first arrived, both of them looked like bonafide superstars and the majority agreed with it. Injuries and their attitude stopped them from achieving it.
Yup. Jones, I'm not sure I rated as highly as I did Ando. He was definitely very talented and I still remember loving his driving runs forward which would take out 3-4 opposition players in a couple of seconds. But Ando had people wetting themselves on the caf given how good he looked at 18. Still remember people saying we didn't seem to be missing Paul Scholes because of his 18 year old kid who seemed fazed by nothing.

Adisa

Anderson was awesome at Porto. Anderson did not lack talent, he failed because he wasn't hungry enough and was aalways injured.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Anderson was awesome at Porto. Anderson did not lack talent, he failed because he wasn't hungry enough and was aalways injured.
Very true. He was an amazing talent but didn't have the mental strength and work ethic. He also had his fair share of injuries.

I have never seen Sanches play but people seem to forget that he's 18 year old. It's extremely hard to judge how he will develop and would play for a better team. People expect to see a talent play as well as Neymar or so and yet I'm sure plenty here thought he would not make it.

Status
Not open for further replies.