Riyad Mahrez | Signed new contract at Leicester City

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speak

Step up to my misogyny soapbox
Why would Leicester sell in January?
There's more chance of getting him in the summer... for a lower price!

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Le 10 Sport is the worst source ever. Mahrez confirmed on a Téléfoot interview (French TV) he wouldn't be moving in january.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Mahrez is what I hope Januzaj will turn into. Made the wrong move going to Dortmund this season, though. He needs games.
Januzaj doesn't necessarily has the pace Mahrez has, although similar in terms of dribbling styles. We can only hope though.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Stay away from Mahrez, he will cost a lot and probably prove to be a squad player at best.

C'est Moi Cantona

Surely he's good enough to get games at Dortmund . If he isn't then we may have a problem.
Well clearly not, either that or his attitude is wrong, I maybe suspect the latter.

I know alot of people won't agree but I'd like to see him back in January, be given some love, and be handed Lingard or Mata's playing time.

JPRouve

Scout
I can't shake that feeling as well, but I'd prefer him to Mane.
Mahrez isn't better than players like Boufal or Bernardo Silva and while Bernardo will probably cost around 25m€, Boufal costs around 10m€.

Devil may care

Mahrez isn't better than players like Boufal or Bernardo Silva and while Bernardo will probably cost around 25m€, Boufal costs around 10m€.
Boufal and Bernardo are both pretty lightweight though, Mahrez on the other hand has shown he can compete in the PL and be very productive, personally I'd see all 3 as huge gambles.

C'est Moi Cantona

Stay away from Mahrez, he will cost a lot and probably prove to be a squad player at best.
Agree, he's just in fashion right now.

If it's him or Mane i'd take Mane, but maybe best waiting for the summer now in the hope LvG will be gone so they won't be tarnished by his 'philosophy'.

JPRouve

Scout
Boufal and Bernardo are both pretty lightweight though, Mahrez on the other hand has shown he can compete in the PL and be very productive, personally I'd see all 3 as huge gambles.
I agree they are all gambles and the cheapest is the best gamble, Mahrez isn't the cheapest.

Edit: And they have the same height and weight, Bernardo Silva is heavier.

Zoo

Mane has power and blistering pace which we badly need in the final third. I'm also a bit unconvinced that Mahrez would be the right signing for us, he is having an amazing season though.

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Mahrez has way better end product but he is a bit older. I don't like the Boufal PSG links very much but I feel it's mostly Lille activating their network to sell him. Bernardo Silva seems to be stagnating a bit this year.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Hi there. Excuse me, but can I have one Vardy and one Mahrez please? My mummy will come and pay you next week.

JPRouve

Scout
Mahrez has way better end product but he is a bit older. I don't like the Boufal PSG links very much but I feel it's mostly Lille activating their network to sell him. Bernardo Silva seems to be stagnating a bit this year.
I'm almost sure that Mahrez is doing a Moussa Sow. Boufal isn't mature but he is a cheap gamble, you know Lille they are able to sell him 5m.

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
I'm almost sure that Mahrez is doing a Moussa Sow. Boufal isn't mature but he is a cheap gamble, you know Lille they are able to sell him 5m.
Mahrez is probably overheating but he has more to his game than Cuadrado for example and will be useful to most EPL clubs. Boufal has potential but I don't think he's ready for a big team yet.

JPRouve

Scout
Mahrez is probably overheating but he has more to his game than Cuadrado for example and will be useful to most EPL clubs. Boufal has potential but I don't think he's ready for a big team yet.
I agree about Mahrez but United don't need an overpriced useful player, we already have them. United need to buy a ready made starter or a player with huge potential, the latter should be at a reasonable price.

There'sOnlyOne

Impossible to imagine this kind of thing being taken seriously when Ferguson and Gill were still in situ. Sad times. The guy is having a great season but Christ I'm not sure we should be signing guy based on a half a seasons form.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Impossible to imagine this kind of thing being taken seriously when Ferguson and Gill were still in situ. Sad times. The guy is having a great season but Christ I'm not sure we should be signing guy based on a half a seasons form.
tbf he was good last season too (excellent last few months of last season)

Speak

Step up to my misogyny soapbox
If he comes to United and LvG is still manager, he will not be allowed to dribble or shoot.
I'm sure he would be allowed, seeing as he's actually really good at it. Which can't be said of anyone other than Martial... who dribbles with the ball.

NoPace

I'm a muppet fan of Bernardo. He just needs to leave this dark hole that Monaco is.
Isn't he going to be a 10, though? We need a pacy wide player more, since Herrera and Mata are both decent, very different 10 options already.

Question234

Won't happen.

They're top and we're struggling, they can afford to laugh of the bid as well. Maybe having CL would of helped convince mahrez, we're going to have to offer a nice wage package.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Isn't he going to be a 10, though? We need a pacy wide player more, since Herrera and Mata are both decent, very different 10 options already.
Yes, a 10 on the right wing or in the middle at times. I didn't mean to say we should sign, just that I like him as a player.

Status
Not open for further replies.