Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
If Jose can drop Pogba because of performances he can drop Lukaku. Surely.

MS4

How useless is Lukaku?
Either we change formation or we drop Lukaku.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
People should just stop pretending his all around game is anywhere near great. Even when he controls the ball it looks like he is in matrix and everything is slowed down 10 times.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Much rather have another small nippy player, it's the way forward nowadays.

Raw

I'd rather see a more dynamic player like Martial up front right now. How many invisible performances does he have to make before he gets dropped?

NinjaFletch

For all the complaints about a lack of service I don't think he works anywhere near hard enough to get in positions where he can be found.

p2pZeus

what is the point of Lukaku? The mods deleted post after last game, but we are just papering over cracks every time he scores against beat dogs.
He is so slow accelerating for a striker that its borderline negligence to keep playing him.

When don't need slow, rigid, heskey. We need pace like Rashford or Martial. Can we try that alteast? now that Alexis is here, he is fully capable of treading clever passes through defenders.

Based Adnan

I swear he used to be absolutely rapid? What's happened to his pace? Looks so slow getting off the mark.

Raw

Are there any other big European clubs succeeding with a big lumbering striker?
Closest I can think of is Higuain but he at least has technical ability and good movement off the ball, plus he's a top finisher to boot. Though I wouldn't necessarily call him lumbering.

James Peril

I am getting serious Carlton Cole, Emile Heskey-vibes right now. He isn’t even remotely good enough for Man United. We don’t play Yeovil every week unfortunately.

Shark

@NotShark
I don't think he's a first choice striker that should be playing for a club of this size, unless he improves drastically. There is nothing dangerous about him whatsoever, unless he's being serviced the call in areas he can't possibly miss. He does absolutely nothing on his own.

acnumber9

For all the complaints about a lack of service I don't think he works anywhere near hard enough to get in positions where he can be found.
He doesn’t. When a striker isn’t getting chances in a team where others are then maybe the striker himself is a problem. Ruins almost every play through the middle when the ball gets to him. None of this should come as a surprise though. It’s been apparent throughout his career that he isn’t a good footballer.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I like the guy but we need more movement and runs from him.
Yeah, there was so many times Mata or Sanchez had the ball in the centre and waiting for some runs, Lukaku just stood and asked for the ball to his feet.

Shocking movement and very poor performance. Think he should be off for Martial in the second half.

Bwuk

He's been absolutely dreadful.

Lacks movement, cannot control a ball and doesn't work hard enough and fight for everything.

Poor.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
I honestly thought he’d be a beast for us. I was so, so wrong. He’s awful.

Trizy

Yeah, he's pretty shite. Not god enough technically for a top club.

He's just a poacher, fine to come off the bench in the hope he'll score but not good enough to start for any club seriously going for top silverware.

Hoof the ball

Much rather have another small nippy player, it's the way forward nowadays.
The logic that's lost on people who insist on flying the Lukaku banner. "He's a better striker" they say; of course, better is determined by the context of the system used, therefore, someone like Martial, Rashford and Alexis would flourish and look like a "better" striker if the system was more like Spurs or City's; alas, we insist on playing with a target man and as long as we do, Lukaku is undroppable no matter how he plays.

FujiVice

Good player, but he's just not for us sadly. Needs to be the big fish in a smaller pond. Doesnt have the balls to lead a Man United side.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
With Sanchez now, we should drop him and play 2 of Martial, Sanchez and Rashford on left side+forward.

redNATION

Opposition defenders love to play against him, he isnt frightening in any way - not that fast, doesnt use his strength, doesnt really move, doesnt chase down, cant head the ball, takes an age to control the ball giving them ample chances to intercept. I cant believe this is what £75m gets you today. Even the likes of Crouch an Carroll gives defenders something to think about.

Greck

The number of times he stands around demanding the ball be played to his feet has people fooled that he isn't getting service. Look how Sanchez is going about linking up with everyone but he can't quite seem to play off of Lukaku and his loose touch

Status
Not open for further replies.