g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Romelu Lukaku image 9

Romelu Lukaku Belgium flag

2017-18 Performances

View full 2017-18 profile

6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

saivet

Didn't have much going for him in the game, but thought he took the goal very well.

Kapardin

Looking more like a Manchester United striker nowadays. Highest praise anyone can give him, and it is because of his hard work and relentless strong mentality to succeed. Well played.

Rossa

Took his goal well. Most players lash at that first time but he waited for the space to open.
Completely agree. The Norwegian pundit, Sørloth’s father actually, talked about the Palace defenders had to be more patient, but I just think Rom was even more patient. Great goal!

Walters_19_MuFc

Really good and important goal. A lot would have rushed, but waited for the opening and managed to get it through.

Quiet game overall, but as I said, very important goal to level us up.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Really starting to turn it on now. Always scored in sprees. He can make up for his sitter he missed at Anfield by downing Liverpool on Saturday.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Gotta love him.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Fantastic attitude. You can see how much it means to him to win. And he did really well for his goal.

Kag

For a player that apparently doesn't score in big games he hasn't half scored some very important goals this season.

He's a credit to himself and scores in spite of some frankly terrible service.

Hamadovich86

Brilliant equalizer when most players would just smash it (i wanted him to do that as well!) but he was calm and found a way to put it in the back of the net. Well done!

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Wasn't particularly pleased with the signing but his enthusiasm is a breath of fresh air. He has his flaws but I'm totally on board now.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Easily one of my favorite player of this squad. The guy works so hard for others, the goal he scores are rarely tap ins. He receives terrible service in comparison to other strikers at big clubs. He's got my total respect.

wythyred

He's my fav player now.. which is incredible considering I didn't want him initially and was saying he's not good enough as recent as Christmas.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Scoring from absurdic position and in a crucial moment of the match. There was three or four defenders blocking the shot.

That dance just before hitting the ball... :lol: Good feckin Monday.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He struggles in tight spaces we know that, why we don't stretch the pitch wider to give him and Sanchez more room is beyond me.

Anyway, clutch goal at a vital time! he really did well to not just hit that at Van Aanholt and find the corner.

Celebrations are a huge thing for goals, compare that to the difference around christmas where he seemed very unhappy...

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Lukaku has been very good recently and he continued that tonight. A lot of strikers wouldn't have scored our equaliser tonight. The strength and composure it required was more than your average. All I can say is keep it up Rom!

SteveW

Really impressed with the determination he showed to come through his bad patch of form. That's the type of mentality that makes it here. Hard to believe he used to be described as lazy. Also he's a better footballer than he greats credit for. Put another beauty of a cross on Lingard's head tonight

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Our best-attacking player, simple as that. Genuinely love the man. Wish I could take just a bit of his attitude and give it to some other players.

MadMike

I'm delighted for him and for how well he's done for us. He's a fighter and a very passionate player, on top of being a very good striker. If he's not entirely winning minds yet, he's definitely winning hearts. Go on son.

Mickfoley

Good game from him in the second half. Did I kill the joy by saying his goal was deflected? I'm sorry.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
My favourite player this season. Regularly shines when the rest of the team are playing poorly. He has a hunger and desire to be the best. He is my player of the season.

el3mel

Was going to post this. Feck me, this guy's passion for us is incredible. How can anyone not love him ?

You can criticize his flaws as you want but he's a lovable guy and he really wants to succeed here.

Big Rom. :drool:

Ainu

Fantastic goal considering the circumstances, it looked like the chance was long gone. He could've rushed it and missed. Ideally you'd want a striker who scores a goal in every match rather than loads of goals in a couple of matches and he's certainly closer to the former this season. Most of his goals have been crucial.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Since his dry spell he hasn't half tucked them away, the emotion he's been showing is really something, was a bit worried when he went through the spell of not celebrating here but has settled in well. So happy to have him, took his goal with real calm tonight when the chance looked long gone.

Canagel

Was going to post this. Feck me, this guy's passion for us is incredible. How can anyone not love him ?

You can criticize his flaws as you want but he's a lovable guy and he really wants to succeed here.

Big Rom. :drool:
He is starting to become a leader in this team and people forget he's still only 24. Once we start improving the team around him and play to his strengths he's going to be unstoppable.

RMD83

He wasn’t great tonight. But he got the goal when we needed it. Is that not his 99th premier league goal tonight? Kane “the worlds greatest striker” hit his 100th premier league goal only a few weeks ago at the same age of 24 (admittedly having played a lot less games) and the public creamed over it. Lukaku doesn’t get nearly as much credit as he deserves. He’s done well here so far and long may it continue.

dogwithabone

People say he doesn’t score against top six - and perhaps he doesn’t too often - but goals like tonight and many of his others are massive goals and just as meaningful. Tonight’s goal was a really patient finish and lots of confidence to resist shooting until he had created the slightest of openings.

Sigma

He is mentally very good. Takes advice on what he needs to works on and improves on it. Really happy with the progress he has made this season on his overall game.

Member 90887

Could we play a Ferguson 4-4-2 and have him as a right forward with Sanchez as a left forward.

He looks good on the right so he could then drift there whenever he has the chance.

Something like:
De Gea
Valencia cb cb Young
Lingard/Mata Matic Pogba Martial
Lukaku Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.