Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kostur

海尔的老板
It's great he's scored a brace today, won't have to worry too much about settling in, scoring the first goal, etc., etc.

MJJ

That's bit of a weird thing. Didn't know Henry was working for Belgium.
Started last year, I think he has been pointing out these things internally to lukaku which is why he probably focused more on them in public view. It can only be a good thing for us if lukaku takes his advice on board and improves.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Started last year, I think he has been pointing out these things internally to lukaku which is why he probably focused more on them in public view. It can only be a good thing for us if lukaku takes his advice on board and improves.
Lukaku had a cracking interview with Henry last year too. Makes sense, if he improves say like 5% in general play then he'll be an incredible player.

Henry plus Roberto Martinez is such a strange coaching pair.

MJJ

Lukaku had a cracking interview with Henry last year too. Makes sense, if he improves say like 5% in general play then he'll be an incredible player.

Henry plus Roberto Martinez is such a strange coaching pair.
Yeah would have imagined martinez would have gone for a more defensive coach to help him set the team up.

bucky

@Devil may care I think you need to learn the difference between criticising someone or their posts and insulting. I've read your posts for a while and you have accused several members of insults, when they have been calling out your posts or were merely criticising you. I mean you constantly come up with less than flattering names for Lukaku, Matic and Fellaini, but can't deal with being called tedious? Come on, don't take it personally and move on.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Nice to see him adding to his tally in the league. He's now had a good preseason, a good Supercup game and a very good start to Premier League campaign. When our other 9 outfield players move the ball around as well as they did today, I don't even mind that Lukaku will lose it sometimes.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
One game against West Ham doesn't change my concerns over him, there was no pressure on the ball in midfield, but I gave him MOTM if that makes you feel better.
Right, stop talking bollocks. It's clear to see most people were wrong about Matic. At least they have the guts to admit it.

Also it's not just one game.
He was also our best player against Real Madrid. Who had Kroos, Modric, Isco, et al surrounding him.

Again, stop talking bollocks.

Devil may care

It has everything to do with that post as it shows that no matter how well he plays, you won't rate him objectively cos of pre conceived bias you've against him.
My post was objective.

@Devil may care I think you need to learn the difference between criticising someone or their posts and insulting. I've read your posts for a while and you have accused several members of insults, when they have been calling out your posts or were merely criticising you. I mean you constantly come up with less than flattering names for Lukaku, Matic and Fellaini, but can't deal with being called tedious? Come on, don't take it personally and move on.
I'm not taking it personally, if someone wants to make it about calling names I can do that easily, but last time I defended myself against the herd I got banned, so I can't reply, especially when one of them is a mod not following his own forums rules, and there's nothing about what names we use for players as long as they aren't racist or homophobic, the rule is about insulting other posters, and like I say if the gloves were off fine, but apparently they only are for certain people here.

Devil may care

Right, stop talking bollocks. It's clear to see most people were wrong about Matic. At least they have the guts to admit it.

Also it's not just one game.
He was also our best player against Real Madrid. Who had Kroos, Modric, Isco, et al surrounding him.

Again, stop talking bollocks.
See, I can't repsond to this as not only is it a lot of shit but it's also a conforntation I can't get into with someone who will not be checked as they tow the pary line.

ice-bionic red

That's what we want from big Rom. This was the type of game we couldn't finish off last season and he was the difference

Acole9

Outstanding
Yeah definitely, I'm sure he is professional enough to take Henry's advice on board. Henry was one of the best strikers we've seen in this league so not a bad person to get pointers from.

barmyarmy

Brilliant performance from him the difference between him & zlatan he always plays on the last man and keep defenders on their toes and allows other in attacking areas to have extra bit of time on ball

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Do people think he might be a flat track bully though? I'm really interested to see what he can do against the top 4

Flying_Heckfish

His profile for this season says he has played twice with two goals, but it's three isn't it?

So far, so good! He adds pace to the front line and its great to see

Jacky Quacky

made eight consecutive posts about Fellaini once
Great video this talks about how even though he doesnt run that much he makes the right runs and how the players here help him to be better than at Everton.

Also dont get your knickers in a twist about Henry, Lukaku said himself it makes himself a better player when he picks out the negatives in his game.

kbbear

People moan about his first touch but I remember Andy Cole wasn't the best footballer when he arrived but he improved that part of his game greatly.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Great video this talks about how even though he doesnt run that much he makes the right runs and how the players here help him to be better than at Everton.

Also dont get your knickers in a twist about Henry, Lukaku said himself it makes himself a better player when he picks out the negatives in his game.
Just look at the size of him :lol: he's like The Mountain from GOT!

Utd heap

Models for Coin.

Thanks for posting, excellent interview.

NoLogo

Apart from his great goal scoring I think he also offers another thing that is very valuable. He leads the line as a striker and opens up space for the three man behind him to operate in which in return will get the best out of them. I think when it comes to missing pieces in the team him and Matic certainly feel like they will fit in really well.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Do people think he might be a flat track bully though? I'm really interested to see what he can do against the top 4
The 'can he do it against top teams' thing is overblown for any striker, not just Lukaku. The fact is you get less chances against the best teams so you're less likely to score. How good the team behind the striker is more important. If West Ham had Ronaldo up front today it's unlikely he'd have scored.

AshRK

Thanks for sharing. Wonderful interview. He is far from a donkey and does lt lack intelligence. He talks sense and is willing to.learn,loved how he said I am not a finished article. Lovely interview. He can learn a lot and become even more lethal.

I may be getting carried away but if he is fit and takes care of his health and body, I can see him playing here for a decade and even breaking Rooney's record.

WyoManU

Can't argue with that performance. Big lad with enough composure.

Shark

@NotShark
The 'can he do it against top teams' thing is overblown for any striker, not just Lukaku. The fact is you get less chances against the best teams so you're less likely to score. How good the team behind the striker is more important. If West Ham had Ronaldo up front today it's unlikely he'd have scored.
Not so sure about that, but I agree with your general point. He was playing for a poor enough Everton team, that were usually dominated against the top sides. Here, he was the likes of Pogba, Matic, Herrera, Mata, Mhiki and Martial feeding him.

Night and day.

Robbie Boy

He's made huge improvements to his overall game over the past few seasons and I'm confident he will improve further with us. Absolute beast of a player.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Henry being his coach for the national team is something I'd forgotten about. That could be potentially massive.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Lukaku said:
Me and Marcus, we really clicked from the first day when I arrived. [...] I get along with everybody in the dressing room, but with Marcus, it's something special.

RRCE

I thought Lukaku was brilliant today. Matic was awesome, but Lukaku was my man of the match. He did absolutely everything Jose could have asked of him. A true centre forward's performance. He really is a beast. Yes, he lost possession a few times, but his all round game was excellent. He scored two very good goals at important times. With his power, pace and finishing ability, he'll be a nightmare for most defenders this season.

Zlatan is a legend, but Lukaku's mobility makes him a different kind of threat. On the whole, I think we'll be a better team for it. His pace, desire to get in behind, and willingness to make runs will help bring the best out of our other attackers, and make us much harder to play against. With Lukaku's attributes, I suspect we'll see a better distribution of goals this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.