6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy_Cole

How much has he got paid for his instagram?

Literally posted the same thing 36 times in under an hour. A post about epmuusic. Posted so much I've unfollowed him!

ManuMou

At Everton, there would always be those big games where Lukaku would be left on his own up front to basically hold the ball, dribble from half way line and score while rest of his team sat behind the ball. I don't think he understands how to play that role. He's always worked hard when his team actually has the ball. He was an arrogant prick at times though. But that was mostly off the field when he would openly admit that he wants to play for a bigger club.

Lukaku is not a Zlatan type striker in the sense that he won't come short and try to let other players run beyond him and be a play maker. He needs a number 10 near him. In games where we leave him up on his own, he will still look average. But luckily we won't have too many games this season where we sit back behind the ball.
Agree. Good post.

That weakness is what separates him from world class strikers like Suarez/Lewan/etc. Hope he improves on that. Hope Zlatan signs for us then Lukaku can learn from him.

Another way to mask his weakness or bring the best out of him is to play very offensively. But that's not something that Jose would do.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
His hold up play and way he has lead the line has been outstanding so far.
If he can hold the ball up like he's done today against the top teams then we're looking at a genuinely elite forward. Really impressed.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
His hold up play and way he has lead the line has been outstanding so far.
Yep, we created at least two good chances just because of his good hold up play. Good stuff from him.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Very impressed by his hold up play and knock downs today, he plays like a proper #9 of old.

El Zoido

Got to mix up those penalties. He goes the same way every time, Schmeichel knew exactly where it was going.

NinjaFletch

I think thats the worst penalty I've seen taken for us since Berbatov's side foot effort vs Everton (I think?).

Never looked like scoring.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Needs to work on penalties but a good performance overall. Thought he held the ball up well & link up play was good.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Very respectable performance against two overweight CBs literally entrenched in their own 18 yard box.

Man-United

He's a striker. Let him take the next pen. One miss and he should not take the next? Come on.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
I just knew he'd miss that penalty. I've seen the penalties he scored for Everton and none of them looked very convincing. Then when they showed where he'd placed his last five penalties - all of which were to the keeper's right - I just knew Schmeichel would save it.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Overall a decent game but he had quite a few disconnects today between the mids and the (lack of) properly timed runs into the box. A tad lethargic at times, but did a good job being a constant threat.

el3mel

Day off for him today in front of the goal. No problem just forget it and go strong the next match.

Played well other than the pen, probably his best game in terms of link up play. Love when runs at defenders even though it hasn't led to a goal yet. Beast :devil:

Irrational.

He's a striker. Let him take the next pen. One miss and he should not take the next? Come on.
On the graphic where it showed his last five penalties before today, it showed that he has missed two of them. That gives him a 50% record over the past 6 pens. That's not good enough, striker or not.

I'd definitely give it to someone like Pogba or Mata.

InfiniteBoredom

Average display overall. Some bright moments getting two dangerous shots off and solid hold up play but could have costed us heavily with his missed pen.

Canagel

Very good performance from Lukaku especially in the first half. His hold up play was really important to help create space for the midfielders. He is really quick on the break as well which causes defenders to run back to their own goal. I'm not surprised with the missed penalty. He looked a bit nervous before but the result is the crucial thing today.

Bohman

On the graphic where it showed his last five penalties before today, it showed that he has missed two of them. That gives him a 50% record over the past 6 pens. That's not good enough, striker or not.

I'd definitely give it to someone like Pogba or Mata.

The graphic also showed that he always shoot in the same corner....

lawliet354

His penalties almost always go to keeper's right, that miss is almost the same as the one De Gea saved in FA semifinal, I don't think he's a reliable penalty taker

Been in Maguire's pocket this half.
Maguire is an excellent player though, really strong and very good skill on the ball, last year he's really good for Hull, 17 million for him is a steal compared to 30 m for Michael Keane

Hed Zitin

Missed the chances, but his general link up and hold up play was on point. Yet to see this bad first touch rubbish either.

If Jr Schmeichel wasn't way off his line for that pen save then he'd have a goal anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.