6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZAGREB RED

Has started well and will probably get better as the season progresses. The thing that stands out about him most is not that he misses a few chances, but that after he misses a couple he keeps coming back and gets on the scoresheet eventually. Doesn't hide and not afraid to miss. Not a silky striker but one who will score a bundle of goals in this United team. When I say he isn't silky, that's not a slight on him I just mean he is more about pace and power than finesse.

unitedforeveral

Has started well and will probably get better as the season progresses. The thing that stands out about him most is not that he misses a few chances, but that after he misses a couple he keeps coming back and gets on the scoresheet eventually. Doesn't hide and not afraid to miss. Not a silky striker but one who will score a bundle of goals in this United team. When I say he isn't silky, that's not a slight on him I just mean he is more about pace and power than finesse.
You are absolutely right. He was never a silky player. He is all about getting to the ball and aiming at the goal. I don't think he's one of the best finishers in the game but i do think he'll score a lot because we create a lot of chances. The big question is, we might create a few in some of the tough games, will he be able to put them away? Will he create like he did against Everton? I wish for him to do so and i wish we change a little of the way he plays when the game is slow and more passes are needed.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Really love that about him. He seems very strong mentally, you can see some strikers collapse after misses certain chances. They lose all confidence.

He's awesome. His strength, his work rate, his ability to hold off defenders in possession, his great goal scoring, his football IQ. We are so much better now, and he attracts so much opposition focus that brings other forwards into the play. We couldn't have made a better signing. Well done, Jose.

El Zoido

Any doubters becoming convinced yet? This guy is legit and will get even better.

FujiVice

Seriously I cant think of a more perfect signing for what a team needed in years than Lukaku. We desperately needed a player like him during that 30-odd game unbeaten run when we drew half of them.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Great stuff from him. My only concern is sometimes he looks gassed and like he's dying for air. I haven't noticed him being lazy to pick up a ball so might not be an issue but has anyone else noticed that? Could he improve his stamina?

Treble

He plays, he scores. His finishing ability makes huge difference this season.

NinjaFletch

Great stuff from him. My only concern is sometimes he looks gassed and like he's dying for air. I haven't noticed him being lazy to pick up a ball so might not be an issue but has anyone else noticed that? Could he improve his stamina?
I noticed that more today than I ever have before, wonder if it might be an injury today?

SirScholes

Re: the bolded... I didn't at all, wrong poster @SirScholes ?

Re: The red... you "feel" or know? Any stats to back up that "feeling"? any stats to show that Young has a better conversion percentage or that Lukaku is indeed dogshit at free kicks as you say.

Saying "he has only scored one, so Martial can't be any worse" is beyond daft considering Martial has scored none. I need to see conversion percentages for these players to start making such matter of fact statements like yourself. Maybe Lukaku has only ever hit 10 free kicks (playing in the same side as Leighton Baines means chances were no doubt limited), in which case his 10% conversion aint too bad at all:confused:, so far he's missed 2 of 2 for United, but then Pogba has missed what feels like 20 of 20 and I consider Pogba a great option on set pieces.

As I said, I'm guessing these lads practice free kicks in training and know full well the pecking order. Here's what Henry had to say after he scored that one for Everton last season:
Apologies I was replying to the wrong poster, but Young has scored more than him from free kicks

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
He’s a great player - but let’s keep the hyperbole in check.
What's the fecking hyperbole? We always get some of the people keeping things in check? What exactly is the hyperbole?

Dante

Average bang
For a player with a supposedly bad touch, it's never let him down. His strength stops defenders from capitalising on it.

Man-United

After Neymar, Ronaldo, Messi this guy is the best striker. Simple as. Love this guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.