6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

tomaldinho1

There are times when I wish we signed that other striker.
I think he's great at what he does but they sat so deep that today you surely want Rashford on the last man. My problem with Jose is he will never sub certain players (Lukaku, Pog, Matic) and we become so one dimensional. It's great when it works but we need another way of playing.

FujiVice

He was fed on nothing today, sadly. It was like watching Brian McClair play in a carling cup game in the 90s with a bunch of kids around him. Some absolute shite performances from the likes of Lingard, Herrera, Mata, Matic, Mhikitaryan, Young etc. The assist for the goal was solely down to workrate. Lukaku's one of those players who can have a shit game and will pop up with a goal. But the last few games, the performance level of the rest of the side is doing him no favours.

ti vu

Quality decision not letting that go out so someone could put in a crap corner.
:lol:

True that.
I think he's great at what he does but they sat so deep that today you surely want Rashford on the last man. My problem with Jose is he will never sub certain players (Lukaku, Pog, Matic) and we become so one dimensional. It's great when it works but we need another way of playing.
What a weird way to take it. They are supposed to be the core, the backbone. You add extra dimension by other players, which he lost one in Fellaini in injury; no winger, no.10 in bad form or simply not up to task, full back can't cross well, injuries forcing us with a CB who doesn't have good distribution and another who being held back before he still couldn't adapt to PL...

Devil81

He's had zero supply of late but his movement has left a lot to be desired. At times it's like aiming for a standing target.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
He is a brilliant goal scorer, in the mould of Ruud, and will finish off most clear chances he is provided. I'm very glad we signed him and also prefer him over Moratta because I really admire his personality, values and work ethic (I'm also a convert as I thought he was a flat track bully at Everton but have been proved wrong by him).

But when that supply is eliminated, not much he can do. He's had zero services in past 3 games, so guess what, he cant do anything. Poor guy got so desperate, he had to create the chances for others himself, which he did for Rashford.

Our defeat today, and poor form this week has nothing to do with him.

RuudTom83

He was too nice today! when the going gets tough he needs to find a way of influencing the game on his own.

Eddy_JukeZ

He has his deficiencies and when he barely gets supply, he doesn't offer much.

Though he did put in that great ball. One of the best crosses from a United player in a while.

twopenceofreality

Lukaku is lacking certain skill set in order to elevate to the highest echelon of forwards. Unfortunately, based on his showing at all his premier league clubs so far, he hasn't shown that he has it. He is big and strong; he will bully his way past most and will score his fair share in the league but at the very top level, you need that extra technique, awareness, and movement to be a constant threat. His touch is loose, he isn't great at holding up play and tends to struggle in tight games. His finishing can be a hit and miss, although credit where it is due, he has scored since joining the club

The lack of quality in certain areas of the team doesn't help but he does not stand out greatly amongst some of the average players supplying him either. The modern game requires the forward to have grander repertoire.. With all teams growing strong tactically, the forward must offer more. Lukaku doesn't have it.

Ashley R1+O

The team behind him has been rocked and become completely unbalanced for his game. He is a beast though and works his balls off, I want the goals to return for him and for it not to continue and start to effect his confidence. Great ball for the Rashford goal.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
For someone written off as nothing more than a poacher that was one hell of an assist today. He started running with the ball on the halfway line.
I said it already, he got sick of the shower of shite behind him and took the initiative. Our best right winger is actually our striker. Unbelievable.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Indeed. The way he plays reminds me so much of a young, unpolished Van Nistelrooy.
That's one hell of a reach mate.

You're comparing him to a center forward who was top five in terms of movement for the past couple of decades. Ruud was a complete different standard of footballer to Lukaku.

RAVred

He needs to improve his movement. But he was one of the very few that actually seemed to try, had to drop back a lot to pass the ball and get it as well (at least in the first half).

Georgan

He needs better support if he's gonna be the best striker in the league, if he was playing up top for City or Liverpool, he'd have scored twice the goals he has scored for us already, if not more. We're not getting the ball past the 2/3 of the pitch and when we do, it's crap.

BringNaniBack

Leaves a bullshit trail behind him
He's not getting much service at the moment so I don't blame him for the recent lack of goals but his all round game is so average. He can't create anything himself which is fair enough if we signed him to be a poacher but he isn't a great finisher. So maybe we signed him to be a target man and hold the ball up, well he isn't good at that either due to his shocking first touch. He isn't a top 4 level striker and he certainly isn't the striker we need if we want to be back challenging the best teams in Europe. Everton was about his level.

Devil81

Watching the movement of a Michy Batshauyi for his first goal yesterday has made me realise the difficulty our wide players have finding Lukaku in the box. He's a fantastic goalscorer and a physical beast but he wouldn't have moved in the box like Michy did yesterday, he made an average cross look good in my opinion.

Last edited:

sergiosigurvinson

He was fed on nothing today, sadly. It was like watching Brian McClair play in a carling cup game in the 90s with a bunch of kids around him. Some absolute shite performances from the likes of Lingard, Herrera, Mata, Matic, Mhikitaryan, Young etc. The assist for the goal was solely down to workrate. Lukaku's one of those players who can have a shit game and will pop up with a goal. But the last few games, the performance level of the rest of the side is doing him no favours.
Why is he most of the time waiting for the long ball? When the rest of theteam can't reach you, nor find you, you have to come for the ball. In the beginning of the second half he twice dropped out of the frontline to get and pass the ball (is always good for your confidence, touching the ball properly). He stopped doing it and kept on going waiting for the long ball that didn't come at all.

LoneStar

He created that goal out of sheer force of will. It's sad that our striker who is supposed to be fed balls like that is the only one who seems capable of crossing. He would have gotten better service in Everton than he did today.

I don't blame him in the last couple of games. The 3 behind him have been abysmal. We'd be much better off if we played with 2 strikers. We already have Rashford/Martial and Ibra will soon come too. We should, atleast until Pogba comes back.

Hammondo

His bad movement make it very difficult to feed him. He's often just a static target.

Ban

Actually his movement was all right and that or his apparent lack of movement is a favorite stick to beat him with. His movement wasn't the problem, he often came out for the ball, offered himself for passes and so on but our attacking play was abysmal.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
never got a sniff of a chance, but good 30 min run out to keep his legs sharp for Saturday

Pogbasky

Actually his movement was all right and that or his apparent lack of movement is a favorite stick to beat him with. His movement wasn't the problem, he often came out for the ball, offered himself for passes and so on but our attacking play was abysmal.
The whole no movement thing is utter nonsense. It's a silly theory that's been talked about since his Everton days and is in the same bracket as his "bad first touch". The truth is that Everton are now totally useless upfront because they don't have the space he created by being a mobile beast that kept defenses on their toes trying to contain him. You would think he stands around doing nothing like Ibra, yet we all saw what he did for Rashford's goal against Hudders. Truth is even during his scoring run he wasn't getting much service. Contrast that to the days of say Andy Cole who would get 5-6 clean chances a game.

el3mel

The game was dead by the time he enters. I don't think he get the ball inside the box even once.

Ban

The whole no movement thing is utter nonsense. It's a silly theory that's been talked about since his Everton days and is in the same bracket as his "bad first touch". The truth is that Everton are now totally useless upfront because they don't have the space he created by being a mobile beast that kept defenses on their toes trying to contain him. You would think he stands around doing nothing like Ibra, yet we all saw what he did for Rashford's goal against Hudders. Truth is even during his scoring run he wasn't getting much service. Contrast that to the days of say Andy Cole who would get 5-6 clean chances a game.
Agree. It's one of those things that gets repeated all the time by numerous people although it isn't true.

haram

Romelu Lukaku is a rubbish footballer, not good enough for Man Utd, and it sickens me he's going to be here for potentially the next 10 years.

Clearer?
Yeah proper rubbish cross at the weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.