Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Didn't have an issue with him coming on last night. The intensity of the game was low and Swansea didn't seem interested in being in the contest, probably prepping for a relegation scrap and could do without midweek games, fair enough. Would have been good for him to put an end to this little dry spell with a goal in a game lacking in any real tenacity. I'd guess that was the intention. I doubt he even broke a sweat out there.

I don't have any issues with him, even though he's not scored in his last few games. His overall play is much better than I expected after all the moaning about his technique and first touch (or supposed lack of) before we signed him. I've been impressed with his holding up and his lay offs, his control and passing are both decent. He whipped in probably the best cross we've seen in ages for Rashford against Huddersfield. Not that it has much competition. So much for his supposed lack of involvement, and just being a 'bigger, stronger Chicharito' or however he was being belittled when it looked certain he was Chelsea-bound.

tomaldinho1

I'd love to know where you're getting these facts from?
Just googled it...loads of articles about them given they're well known international footballers. I actually thought the difference would be more just by looking at them.

Funny thinking how ridiculous this quote is from Lukaku: 'I went from 5ft 10” to 6ft 2” and I weighed about 97kg, because I made my gym sessions harder. I used to bench press 100kg at 15.'

Hughes35

He was brought on to try and get a goal to give him some confidence. His movement was poor and he didn't manage any chances. Lingard the same game showed the space was there.

That doesn't mean he's not a top striker, but it also doesn't mean he wasn't poor against Swansea. How many people who bitched about whether Rooney should have been undroppable are now taking the opposite view with Lukaku I wonder?

Anyone who is trying to claim Lukaku is shit is a plum.

The game is dead when Lukaku comes on, Lingard has the space because the whole team has more movement as they're pushing for goals.

I can't decide if you're saying that Lukaku should be dropped in the above or if you rate him?

deafepl

I really don't get this. Anyone saying Lukaku is a good striker needs to get checked out. How can a striker not score in 3 games. Does he think he's Harry Kane who gets the whole of August every year to be a shit goalscorer or Morata who can't do a simple job at Watford?. His link up play, build up and first touch have been okay for how it's been criticized. Top marks to him for not getting it to his head. Not the finished article yet obviously but ahead of Zlatan last year. For what it's worth, I'll like to know Aguero's stats at 24.
It depends on where Lukaku is at a club, he is at Manchester United which is defensive teams. Aguero shive under Pep Guardinho because of his attacking philosophy. Lukaku can still score with little service without Pogba and proper wings who could cross for him to score a header. He gets no service when Man United decided to park themselves and realized that he needs to carry his team. For an example Huddersfield, when he hardly get service so he decided to do it on himself to cross for Rashford to score a header. If he keeps scoring for many years, he'd be classified as world class striker because of his consistently.

If Lukaku ends up at Man City, I'd guarantee you, he would score a lot of goals more than he was at Man Utd because Man City will not park themselves, just going out all attacking for 90 minutes.

Varun

Staff
Can see him struggling against Sanchez, Alderweireld, Verthongen as almost every striker would. Hope he can put in a mature performance even though he wont get much space and time in dangerous areas.
We need to get quick runners close to him otherwise he's in for a long day and we're in for a frustrating one.

Exhale Beats

Supports
Tottenham
Smh, this happens every year on this forum. We get happy when we sign a few good attackers and they play wellike for a few months but they end up not performing at the highest for a few games and people end up saying they're not good enough or we signed an average player.
We're the only top club in the premier leagle who signed quality attackers and they suddenly end up becoming average attackers, well that's what the fans say anyways.

Siorac

Smh, this happens every year on this forum. We get happy when we sign a few good attackers and they play wellike for a few months but they end up not performing at the highest for a few games and people end up saying they're not good enough or we signed an average player.
We're the only top club in the premier leagle who signed quality attackers and they suddenly end up becoming average attackers, well that's what the fans say anyways.
"We?"

Supports: Tottenham

Exhale Beats

Supports
Tottenham
"We?"

Supports: Tottenham
I'm from Tottenham so I show love to Spurs. While Man Utd will always be in my heart, as it's the first club I ever watched playing football since 2005/2006 and i've watched every Man Utd game since then.

reddaz71

I knew what we were getting when we signed Lukaku,yes goals, but equally that he would frustrate,ARGUABLY Ibra would not have missed that chance at anfield which to be honest Lukaku should have done better!! His composure, technique and especially dead ball situations is poor. best striker I have seen at Utd by a long way was Ruud Van Nistelrooy,I would suggest Lukaku has a helluva long way to go to be mentioned in the same breath as him!!

Last edited:

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I knew what we were getting when we signed Lukaku,yes goals, but equally that he would frustrate,arguably Ibra would not have missed that chance at anfield which to be honest Lukaku should have done better!! His composure, technique and especially dead ball situations is poor. best striker I have seen at Utd by a long way was Ruud Van Nistelrooy,I would suggest Lukaku has a helluva long way to go to be mentioned in the same breath as him!!
Not like him to miss a big chance against Liverpool, right?

Man Utd 1:0 Tottenham

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I've been trying to imagine otherwise, but his first touch is terrible and his movement isn't great either. He probably works best in a counter attacking side with wingers either side of him. When we play our stagnant attacking play he seems a square peg in a round hole.

Nick.

I'm beginning to wonder just how good he actually is in the air. Can't seem to win the aerial battle from a goal kick.

MeUnited

I'll say it again. Simply not good enough. Wonder if I'll get another warning for it. Probably not as unpopular an opinion now because of another bad game.

jungledrums

I've been trying to imagine otherwise, but his first touch is terrible and his movement isn't great either. He probably works best in a counter attacking side with wingers either side of him. When we play our stagnant attacking play he seems a square peg in a round hole.
Meh, not too worried. In that stagnant attacking play that you're referring to, which striker would stand out? Ibra last season for example had some absolute duds.

The White Pele

Been criticising him all game but fair play to him he's stuck at it and made the difference second half.

LoCalXT

Despite everything, he still looks a foot short. He needs some rest

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
People moan about him everytime, he should have had a goal and assist. Very good header but unlucky and his assist was a good link up play with Martial.

Man-United

Where are you moaners? Keep have a go at him but you will never be correct on this guy.

Kag

Feeding off scraps in a non-entity of an attacking performances and yet he makes a difference. Which is quite impressive given some of the arseholes in the crowd were looking to get on his back.

Felt a little sorry for him today, but he played with some balls in that final thirty. Fair play.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
He flicked the ball on well a few times today, something he hadn't done well this season.

JohnnyKills

Wouldn't be surprised if Lukaku is gone within a couple of years.

I know we paid big money but, with the inflation in the transfer market, £75m isn't a ridiculous fee and we'd probably recoup most of that if we flogged him to a second-tier club.

He'll score bags of goals against the smaller clubs but Rashford is already a more complete player than him and he's much younger. Lukaku isn't really good enough for an elite club, whereas Rashford certainly is.

Personally, I hope we start phasing in Rashford as the 9, which would free up a spot for Martial on the left.

Status
Not open for further replies.