Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
All those annoyed at Lukaku, please remember this is the same striker that got pocketed by Daily Blind. It has been well established that Blind lacks the physicality for the EPL yet he coped just fine vs Lukaku. What I am getting at is it is kind of to be expected.
Eh...not sure I'd read too much into that, for all of Blind's weaknesses he's had plenty of decent defensive games too, and I'm pretty sure I can recall him coping fairly well against Kane once or twice as well...and we're well-aware of how good Kane is.

RedStarUnited

His lack of work ethic is something I will never forgive him for.

Sanchez isnt having a great game but he is working his arse off for the team

Z2United

Supports
Team Zlatan
Got nothing to add but to say. Mid-table player through n through.

FujiVice

He's the talisman of shit. If the team is playing shite, dont expect Lukaku to put any graft in. His link up play is weak as piss.

lsd

The Oracle
Honestly think people are just waiting to criticise him.

He gets absolutely fecking nothing from our supporting players.

Anyone sane can see that, the service he gets in these games is pathetic but you have the haters watching their own game and who just can't wait to criticise him for something that's clearly not his fault .

Give Harry Kane that service and you will get the exact same outcome

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
I’ve defended him as he has been a scapegoat when he’s done okay but I was watching videos of Ruud the other day and the different is laughable. The guy never deserved to come here, and is just fundamentally not good enough. I think he’s an intelligent player who has improved over the years but that donkeyness he possesses will never leave. It’s the fact we spent so much on him when he’s only 24 that is the worst thing. We’re stuck with him.

SuperiorXI

To an extent - but some players are perhaps more adept at dropping back into midfield (Rooney being an example), some strikers excel on movement and make it a lot easier for midfielders to provide them with service, while others are perhaps so skilled on the ball they can compensate for poor service when they do get it.

I'm not sure that's the case with Lukaku. For all the physicality and power he has, his main attribute is that he's essentially a clinical poacher; get him regular service and he'll generally be a very good finisher, but leave him isolated and there's not too much to his game that'll mean he can overcome that on his own.

Obviously all strikers do depend on good service, but some can thrive off of less than others.
You're right, but when you take away all the service, how many strikers can be effective? Lukaku isn't Messi, he's not going to make something out of nothing, everybody knows that yet the attitude in here suggests different.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Y'all so quick to dig out players..... What was he supposed to do the team could hardly get the ball to him. Everyone was shite I cba to dig out individuals.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
You're right, but when you take away all the service, how many strikers can be effective? Lukaku isn't Messi, he's not going to make something out of nothing, everybody knows that yet the attitude in here suggests different.
As I've said, any striker who's getting mediocre service is going to suffer. But again - some players depend on service more/less than others. Lukaku's prime attribute is finishing. Play to his strengths and he'll do well but if we don't he's effectively a bit useless, and more so than someone who'd push back a bit more like Rooney was when in his prime.

Devil81

Seen enough to know he's not top level, he just can't produce against the top teams.

I don't think I've ever seen a player who struggles against the top boys so much. His overall ability is lacking for a club with the goals we target every season.

finneh

We are really stuck with him for 2 more seasons atleast, aren't we?
One thing I would say is that despite our manager having a huge ego he seems to be more than willing to swallow his pride and cut his losses. He has done so with Mkhitaryan and has done on numerous occasions in the past.

I'm hopeful he'll do the same again as I think we'd recoup the majority of the fee and could look to a far more dynamic option (whether that be a centre forward or a wide player with Martial/Rashford/Sanchez sharing the CF burden).

Pyro19

Mid table striker who we'll have to give another season because of his price tag.

Infuriating that he doesn't have the technique of a proper ball playing CF and also cannot use his size for Hold Up play and winning long balls and headers.

What does he offer us then?

Eddy_JukeZ

I don't want to say waste of money, but I don't think he's good enough for the level we aspire to get to.

Everton was his level. Europa League is his level. IMO.

Would love to be proven wrong.

Stacks

Eh...not sure I'd read too much into that, for all of Blind's weaknesses he's had plenty of decent defensive games too, and I'm pretty sure I can recall him coping fairly well against Kane once or twice as well...and we're well-aware of how good Kane is.
Don't know about the Kane stuff and yeah, Blind is ok at CB, about a 6.5 out of 10, yet he is a physical mis match vs Lukaku.

6'3 vs 5'10, pace vs slow, (supposed power) vs physical weakness.

SuperiorXI

As I've said, any striker who's getting mediocre service is going to suffer. But again - some players depend on service more/less than others. Lukaku's prime attribute is finishing. Play to his strengths and he'll do well but if we don't he's effectively a bit useless, and more so than someone who'd push back a bit more like Rooney was when in his prime.
I wouldn't say he is useless. Lukaku has shown he has an eye for the pass and has shown he can hold up play in previous matches. Less effective, yes. But useless no.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
I wouldn't say he is useless. Lukaku has shown he has an eye for the pass and has shown he can hold up play in previous matches. Less effective, yes. But useless no.
Maybe not useless, but I'd say his overall game is lacking compared to other top strikers in the league such as Kane and Aguero.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Anyone sane can see that, the service he gets in these games is pathetic but you have the haters watching their own game and who just can't wait to criticise him for something that's clearly not his fault .

Give Harry Kane that service and you will get the exact same outcome
Exactly. I mean, just by watching this game, they put in exactly the same 9/10 performance.

Stacks

Y'all so quick to dig out players..... What was he supposed to do the team could hardly get the ball to him. Everyone was shite I cba to dig out individuals.
Hold up the ball, win headers, play players in, beat a man, roll defenders, harass defenders, make life hard for them......watch some Drogba or RVN videos. hell just watch Kane.

Silas

He's shockingly poor at judging aerial balls. Won about two. I thought he was a student of football? Surely he knows he needs to work on this?
It's pretty hard to get the ball to him when, nine times out of ten, he literally stands still when a pass is made and acts surprised when a defender just steps in front to intercept.

Jed I. Knight

The Mos Eisley Hillbilly
He's absolutely useless at winning the ball from our goal kicks
I genuinely believe he has coordination problems of some sort. He so often ends up standing and trying to get at the ball a good few yards away from where the ball actually comes down. It's not that he just loses the battle, he just picks the wrong place so often when trying to get at hoofed balls.

Bobski

Kane had a bad night with his finishing but look at how active he was, gave our defenders fits, used his body brilliantly, won balls he shouldn'y have, used the ball quickly and efficiently.

It is not just the technical issues that cause problems with Lukaku, he is too often static and pedestrian in his play.

lsd

The Oracle
Exactly. I mean, just by watching this game, they put in exactly the same performance.
To be honest Kane had much better service and some great chances and messed them totally . Lukaku had one half chance and was very unlucky .Yet prior say Kane would have died for us with crap service . Very strange

ROFLUTION

How can one be so lazy in such a big game. His body language says "its your fault" or "im giving up" all the time.

engulfing

Very poor, zero fighting spirit. Should shoot more, top strikers don't try a back heel pass when they have sight of the goal.

lsd

The Oracle
One things for sure I bet Lukaku would love to play against centre backs as poor as Jones and Smalling we tonight

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Hold up the ball, win headers, play players in, beat a man, roll defenders, harass defenders, make life hard for them......watch some Drogba or RVN videos. hell just watch Kane.
He's shockingly poor at judging aerial balls. Won about two. I thought he was a student of football? Surely he knows he needs to work on this?

It's pretty hard to get the ball to him when, nine times out of ten, he literally stands still when a pass is made and acts surprised when a defender just steps in front to intercept.
Posted in another thread:
We just need him to score goals, we didn't buy him for his all round game or chance creation. I ain't being funny but it was well established that if we provide for him he'll score the goals. Hrs that kind of striker....

We are struggling to provide for him, we're all sat here watching the whole team feck up over and over again before it even gets anywhere near him but he's getting dug out? Its like y'all were waiting....

And on that note, I'm outta here....

Greck

Needs 2 seconds worth of touches to control a pass. There's more to service than tap-ins. A striker still needs to put in the work outside the box and his up and down technical ability will always hinder our ability to have fluid passing through the middle

Status
Not open for further replies.