Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Varun

Staff
It's not. The most important thing is the league, where he has 14 goals in 29 games - in this day and age our top-scorer should be closer to a 1/1-ratio. Lukaku is good, but we need great to win the league. Out of the 14 goals in the league, none are against the other teams in the top 4 (not that it really matters too much) - other goals are against Yeovil, Derby, CSKA, Basel, Huddersfield (FA Cup), games where a striker is really expected to delivery. Lukaku is a decent striker, but he is not anywhere near the best and that's one of the reasons why we aren't anywhere near the best. He will most likely end up at around 20 league goals this season, without any sort of injury problems at all, and I have to say that's a bit disappointing. Hopefully next season he will come up at 25 goals.
Who all do you consider as the best strikers and which of them could we have realistically signed last summer?

Stacks

More of the same please Rom. Using his nouse to target their weak link in defence. Neville said Ronaldo scored that many goals because he went for the weakest fullback. When we play the long ball tactics, perhaps it would be an idea for him to sit on the fullback and rough him up a bit, dominate the sucker.

Web of Bissaka

He's more of a Mourinho's preferred type of striker that leads the line than the goals-oriented hungry kind of strikers.

Mourinho tends to prefers leading man who tends to be not so selfish playing for the team, more team player than individual glory. eg. Drogba.

It's unsuprising Mourinho have zero complaint of him and was so defensive to the reactions against Lukaku early season. Fantastic attitude too.

Nick7

You all realise that James guy just hates Lukaku and constantly posts about his hatred for him? It's his schtick. Been doing it since he signed for us in any thread even if it's not about Lukaku m

TheFlagStaysDown

Supports
Shamrock rovers
High hopes for Rom, he's a good intelligent lad and only 24, he has passion for this club and to win things, his mentality and building around him and Pogba could eventually lead him to be one of the best strikers we had. He's got 8 years of top football and perhaps about 6 years of developing his game... He will be absolutely useful when he gets his hold up play better and early signs he got better. Might not get much better at dribbling but can surprise.

Also his assist tally is quite impressive, very unselfish striker I bet he can strike 200 goals for us

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
You all realise that James guy just hates Lukaku and constantly posts about his hatred for him? It's his schtick. Been doing it since he signed for us in any thread even if it's not about Lukaku m
Oh didn't know that. So have to think what's worse. There are few who posts only when Lukaku plays poorly and then are few who moans about it no matter what but at least shows up.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
It's not. The most important thing is the league, where he has 14 goals in 29 games - in this day and age our top-scorer should be closer to a 1/1-ratio. Lukaku is good, but we need great to win the league. Out of the 14 goals in the league, none are against the other teams in the top 4 (not that it really matters too much) - other goals are against Yeovil, Derby, CSKA, Basel, Huddersfield (FA Cup), games where a striker is really expected to delivery. Lukaku is a decent striker, but he is not anywhere near the best and that's one of the reasons why we aren't anywhere near the best. He will most likely end up at around 20 league goals this season, without any sort of injury problems at all, and I have to say that's a bit disappointing. Hopefully next season he will come up at 25 goals.
You can't score goals if you don't get chances.

OverratedOpinion

If Lukaku is underperforming then God help our other players. :lol:

tomaldinho1

Lol

Bearing in mind no one in the PL currently has a 1/1 ratio I'd love to know how you came up with this. I don't think any striker has ever finished a season with a 1/1 ratio in the PL either?

Cheekiey

What do we think he will end up on with a minimum of 10 games left to play? (all comps)

I reckon he will have 29 goals - 10 assists, so thats 6 goals and 2 assists in 10 games. I reckon we will get past Sevilla and Brighton so i hope he will brake the 30 goals mark. I just want him to do better than Ibra who got 28 goals and 10 assists last year.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
What do we think he will end up on with a minimum of 10 games left to play? (all comps)

I reckon he will have 29 goals - 10 assists, so thats 6 goals and 2 assists in 10 games. I reckon we will get past Sevilla and Brighton so i hope he will brake the 30 goals mark. I just want him to do better than Ibra who got 28 goals and 10 assists last year.
It's a tall ask to better one of the finest strikers in the modern game! Ibra would have gotten 40+ goals and assists in his first season, what a monster!

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Very true, what do you think Rom will end up on?
I think that he will get the same as Ibra, but over the whole season. Zlatan missed 10 games, and he was really kicking on after that mini drought he had so I think he would have got close to 50 goals and assists.

If Lukaku gets 40 goals and assists, I will be very happy with that.

Acole9

Outstanding
He was brilliant on Saturday, huge impact on both goals. He bullied Lovren.

GeorgieBoy

Massive props to Lukaku tonight! I imagine his performance will go under the radar considering we've just been knocked out with 2 absolutely horrible performances. But he deserves so much credit. Was our best player tonight. Was living off scraps and time and time again he'd get the ball and out-muscle 2 or 3 opponetns before laying off a nice ball out wide. Scored a great goal aswell! My MOTM for United today, really like the guy!

arnie_ni

Massive props to Lukaku tonight! I imagine his performance will go under the radar considering we've just been knocked out with 2 absolutely horrible performances. But he deserves so much credit. Was our best player tonight. Was living off scraps and time and time again he'd get the ball and out-muscle 2 or 3 opponetns before laying off a nice ball out wide. Scored a great goal aswell! My MOTM for United today, really like the guy!
By far and away the best player in the team tonight. Thought it was one of best performances of his utd career actually. Very good hold and link up play

Unam333

I had my reservations about him, but he’s playing really well lately.

Utdstar01

If we had players that tried as hard as he does We would be doing a damn sight far better.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Our best player, constant handful and got his goal.

Bwuk

Unrecognizable from a while back, he’s improved so much lately.

If only the rest of our squad had his attitude.

Loublaze

ATLien
He deserves a better team. The only player who represented that red shirt today

Charlie Foley

A proper United player. He had a bad spell after a hot start to the season, but since the Christmas period he's shown serious balls and has improved.

He can hold his head up high

Web of Bissaka

Our best player today, one of the very few who seems care enough to play and win.

Very impressive hold-up play :eek: seriously that is very good, can hold it all day long.

Chemistry with the other attackers are much much better.

Presence is there, always.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Only guy apart from Bailly who looked like he wanted to be out there

Andersons Dietician

Was outstanding today, just bullying people and being a menace, he set the tone just everyone else must be tune deaf.

Infra-red

Credit where it's due - a really good performance tonight. His hold up play is definitely improving too, testament to hard work behind the scenes. Unfortunately for him, he's got wastes of space like Pogba and Sanchez for company.

Status
Not open for further replies.