6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

backtowhiteside

Lukaku is great and he works hard. It´s just that if we really are going to compete with the best of the best Im afraid we need someone even better than he is. He looks a little bit clumsy sometimes. There´s plenty more players that needs to go I know, but this the Lukaku thread so I don't bother mentioning them here.

haram

Cant take this forum serious at times. People have probably been itching to come out with this shite after his good form.

James Peril

The absolute definition of average, for me.
He’s not average, but he sure as hell isn’t good enough for where we want to be. Mentioned it earlier, a player like Giroud would have gotten just as many goals as Lukaku this season with the same amount of minutes for United. And we would still be 2nd.

Eddy_JukeZ

At times it feels like when he shoots, he doesn't aim. I could be imagining things but too many of his shots are straight at keepers and easy to save. A shame about that great header, that was a sick save by Foster
He doesn't have much variety in his shooting, so yeah I'd agree.

Eddy_JukeZ

He’s not average, but he sure as hell isn’t good enough for where we want to be. Mentioned it earlier, a player like Giroud would have gotten just as many goals as Lukaku this season with the same amount of minutes for United. And we would still be 2nd.
Pretty much.

Think back to our last title with RVP. He's nowhere near RVP.

We've always had world class strikers to go with our title wins.

Jibbs

He may be the most hardworking and strongest center forward in the EPL, he may be trying his best to win something for Utd, Mourinho may love him like his son, but until he is Utd's main target man, Utd cannot win the League let alone Champions League. He simply does not have it in him. Leagues are won by strikers and target men like RVN, RVP, Ronaldo, Henry, Aguero. May be Utd could win something if somebody like Bale or Griezmann comes and Lukaku adopts into the support role like Benzema does for Ronaldo, otherwise I see no hope of Utd winning anything with him up front.

Stookie

Nurse bell end
Disagree with this, and all you have to do is look at his season for Everton last season compared to him this season. 10 goals more in only 4 appearances more. Are you trying to say that Everton under Koeman gave him better service then United this season? Not a chance. Lukaku himself hasn't been consistent enough and a lot of times just hasn't impacted the game enough and gotten away with "didn't get the service". The top strikers make the most out of nothing opportunities and can make something out of nothing. At least on occasion.
The service he’s had this season has been terrible. Our play breaks down as soon as we get to the box or it’s so slow that opponents defence gets back. He’s done ok with not much as far as I can see. Maybe another striker alongside him might be more fruitful but Mourniho will never do that.

He'lmurderyah15

Good first season.. Showed a fair bit of bottle to respond after that dry spell in December when everyone was on his back, and will probably end the season on 30 Goals which is fair going.. Anyone else think he'd do better if he'd a partner up with him? Doesn't have to be another out and out striker but maybe Martial, who can play on the shoulder of the centre halves but also come short to link the play when needed.. Lukaku often gets isolated with the way we play now, and whoever plays in the 10 never gets close enough to him (Best at it is Lingard) We might see it a bit next year when we hopefully sign a couple of full back who will give us proper width and get service into the box.. I don't think the inverted wingers suit Lukaku.. To sum up that speal in a sentence, Good first season, but Could turn into a different animal with width and a partner up closer to him!!! ..

Reactions: Mciahel Goodman

haram

Good first season.. Showed a fair bit of bottle to respond after that dry spell in December when everyone was on his back, and will probably end the season on 30 Goals which is fair going.. Anyone else think he'd do better if he'd a partner up with him? Doesn't have to be another out and out striker but maybe Martial, who can play on the shoulder of the centre halves but also come short to link the play when needed.. Lukaku often gets isolated with the way we play now, and whoever plays in the 10 never gets close enough to him (Best at it is Lingard) We might see it a bit next year when we hopefully sign a couple of full back who will give us proper width and get service into the box.. I don't think the inverted wingers suit Lukaku.. To sum up that speal in a sentence, Good first season, but Could turn into a different animal with width and a partner up closer to him!!! ..
Yeah, I would like to see Martial play just off Lukaku.

Sterling Archer

Yeah, I would like to see Martial play just off Lukaku.
Weren't we set up something like that away against CSKA? That was one of our best performances this season.

Heck, that combo is how we won against Spurs.

If we sort out the wing backs / full backs we could go with that setup more often. Would not need to rely on Martial for width, which he does poorly.

Just to chime in on Lukaku individually... He has done a phenomenal job . For a young striker, to come into this two faced team that's solid one day, pathetic the next, with pretty shambolic service ...he's at 20+ goals . That's awesome .

Recently we look at RVP, Zlatan and compare. Those are world class strikers that came at the zenith of their careers. It'd be more fair to compare with the likes of Saha (great but always injured ...plus that supporting cast was one of our best ever ), Forlan (he really struggled...great striker but shows it can be hard making the junp to a club like United ) and more recent Chicharito (got plenty of goals under a SAF side, was never really polished not able to nail a starting spot). Last but not least, Berbatov. Class player but even he was missing a beat with us. It's just not as simple as come to United and score 20/30 goals. Especially with oro current side.

Lukaku has done quite well. I'm excited for him to turn more doubters around in coming seasons.

haram

Weren't we set up something like that away against CSKA? That was one of our best performances this season.

Heck, that combo is how we won against Spurs.

If we sort out the wing backs / full backs we could go with that setup more often. Would not need to rely on Martial for width, which he does poorly.
Yes, it was 343 I think but there was an effort to get Martial closer to Lukaku and he played well.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
35 goals and assists in his first season, very good start to his Manutd career.

Bwuk

On 27 at the moment, hopefully he’ll hit 30 for the season.

Very good finish.

Ashley R1+O

March on Red Rom. What a season he's had. The perfect fit, we're only to get better next season and beyond.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
He keeps delivering. So many games could’ve gone the other way without him stepping up.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Really well taken goal.

Don't mean this as a criticism but it feels like he hardly ever scores braces or more. I think his stats are great considering he's not a pen taker too.

ti vu

Really well taken goal.

Don't mean this as a criticism but it feels like he hardly ever scores braces or more. I think his stats are great considering he's not a pen taker too.
We ain't supplying him enough chances. At Everton, the criticism is that he not always spread his goals across other games well. Thumping few opposition hard but not scoring next couple games aka flat track bully in negative way

Mike Smalling

Really well taken goal.

Agreed. Actually he hasn't scored more than once in a league game since the season opener at home against West Ham, which I think is mostly down to a lack of service. If we upped our attacking game and provided more chances, I think he could easily end up on 25 league goals next season. Here's hoping!

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
We ain't supplying him enough chances. At Everton, the criticism is that he not always spread his goals across other games well.
Pretty much. Just look the difference in shots, shots on target and big chances missed compared to Salah and Kane.

https://www.premierleague.com/players/5178/Mohamed-Salah/stats?co=1&se=79

https://www.premierleague.com/players/3960/Harry-Kane/stats?co=1&se=79

https://www.premierleague.com/players/4290/Romelu-Lukaku/stats?co=1&se=79

You can argue some of it comes as a result from Kane and especially Salah dribbling ability to create more chances out of nothing, but with a little more supply Lukaku should've been easily over 20 goals so far.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
He's best when you feed the balls into channels/through balls. He uses his body very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.