Ronaldo | Refused to come on as sub, left OT | Axed from squad for Chelsea & fined 2 weeks wages

Status
Not open for further replies.

arnie_ni

What the feck is he thinking a few weeks away from the world Cup? Surely any game time is better than none.

Or maybe this is what he wants.

PieCrust

Let him feck off back to Portugal so he can train for the World Cup. Don't even need him around the club at all at this point.

Rolaholic

For the North Americans on here, this whole story has shades and parallels of Patrick Roy skating off after being benched and never playing anothee minute for the Canadiens again

Coops73

About time the club backed the manager, Ronaldo needs to be let go in January but it will mean the club will need to back the manager again in January and get in a striker.

OT1214

That is fantastic from Ten Hag. The player power culture has to be binned. Fair fecks to the club for fully backing the manager. After so many years looks like we are heading in the right direction.

Rolaholic

Don't think there's coming back from this tbh nor is there will from the player to walk things back, I think it's over truly.

Unceremoniously yes but probably for the better

Speako

The signs were there for a while, it’s been coming and I’m glad it’s now reached breaking point. Thought his head might fall off at the weekend he shook it that much after being subbed against Newcastle.

Be driven, yes, have a huge desire to want to win and be the best, no problem. But this club gave you the grounding, support and springboard to enable you to build the career you’ve had in the first fecking place, disrepectful runt.

Imagine if SAF messaged him last night saying ‘Do you think your dad would be proud now, son?’ .

Ronny has given me some of the best memories ever at the hallowed turf. But no one, no one can be bigger than the club.

Another questionable character leaves the dressing room…. Top marks to ETH.

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
EtH takes no shit from anybody. Don’t be fooled by his pacifist demeanor in front of the cameras. EtH is utterly ruthless Fergie style and he never avoids the big decisions. Jus ask a Amin Younes or Noah Lang for example. Anybody who falls out of line will be dealt with immediately by EtH.

Mullet_Man

"The rest of the squad is fully focused on preparing for that fixture,"

This is the most telling part for me, we can't let him disrupt the squad harmony.

Mmm-Qatarian

I for one think this is disrespectful and frankly disgraceful from Ten Hag. As if Ronaldo, one of the best players ever to play the game, hasn't earned the right to simply decide when he plays. As manager of Manchester United, Ten Hag needs to learn his place in the dressing room.

(This is sarcasm in case anyone is daft enough to think otherwise)

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
Shame its ending this way, but if we beat Chelsea and play like we did against Spurs he won’t be getting another game in Untied colours.

Someone

Something
I thought he left the game after knowing he won't come on as a sub, this makes it much worse.

Big call by ETH to remove him from the squad, and I'm sure Ronaldo's PR machine will be on the offensive. In a way this could unite the dressing room behind ETH, and the fanbase clearly stands with the manager as well.

LARulz

Fantastic

I did think it was stupid he walked off cos he basically guaranteed no game time against Chelsea but now made it worse. This 100% felt like a power move (again) gone wrong

gregwar

Is refusing to come on a breach of contract? Quick way to get rid of him.

sparx99

EtH takes no shit from anybody. Don’t be fooled by his pacifist demeanor in front of the cameras. EtH is utterly ruthless Fergie style and he never avoids the big decisions. Jus ask a Amin Younes or Noah Lang for example. Anybody who falls out of line will be dealt with immediately by EtH.
Tbf - Ronaldo is a mighty step up from those guys. This is another level and I for one am very impressed by both Ten Hag and the club for once.

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
I for one think this is disrespectful and frankly disgraceful from Ten Hag. As if Ronaldo, one of the best players ever to play the game, hasn't earned the right to simply decide when he plays. As manager of Manchester United, Ten Hag needs to learn his place in the dressing room.

(This is sarcasm in case anyone is daft enough to think otherwise)
Shocking post.

sarcasm aswell

sparx99

Is refusing to come on a breach of contract? Quick way to get rid of him.
Was wondering that myself. It would be a sad end to things but we’d save £15m probably in wages. Almost as ignominious an ending as Keane.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
For the North Americans on here, this whole story has shades and parallels of Patrick Roy skating off after being benched and never playing anothee minute for the Canadiens again
At least he didn't strip down like Antonio Brown.

Scarlett Dracarys

( . Y . )
Humility makes a great player a legend.
I've always defended him but unless there's a good reason for him doing what he did, I can't defend his actions this time.

Orange Tree

It's ridiculous that a 37 year old would act this immaturely.

Pay off your contract or shut up.

Luka Mora

Wonder what Fergie thinks of this since he told ole to bring him back to the club

Djemba-Djemba

I assume he must be. Incredibly risky move otherwise. Even though Ronaldo is a busted flush.
I think ETH had to do this otherwise he would have looked really weak.

Ronaldo being a bitch left the manager with no choice.

Plus like you said, I can't imagine we'll miss this Ronaldo anyway. He's been terrible this season.

siw2007

A real power play from ETH and I really welcome it. I love Ronaldo and the impact he has had at the club but this level petulance is unacceptable and threatened to take away the wind from what was a great performance. This move from the manager ensures that Ronaldo won’t be heralded as bigger than the club and will be put in his place.

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.
I assume he must be. Incredibly risky move otherwise. Even though Ronaldo is a busted flush.
For something like this, even if he was the only forward fit, you must take this stance. This type of behaviour that has been going on, most of the time under low, for many years now and partly why we are in this position as a club.

Status
Not open for further replies.