Ronaldo | Refused to come on as sub, left OT | Axed from squad for Chelsea & fined 2 weeks wages

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparx99

Genuinely coming across as such a cnut. Ruined his reputation at United for me.
I think we’ll all need to separate young Ronaldo from old Ronaldo in our minds. He was always a bit of a dick but he was ours. Even last season the nostalgia and joy of seeing him back and scoring was great. If he’d left in the summer it wouldn’t have been a bad send off. Sadly, it’s not to be.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
He ruined it with his pre-season histrionics and lost any kind of leverage...not that ten Hag would have given him any anyways. But it certainly gave the boss all the cards. He had no obligation to play Ronaldo once he had declared his desire to leave.

So, for that reason, I'm not sad at all, though it is a shame seeing this guy go out like this.

The way ten Hag has seen off Wreck-It Ralf, Maguire and Ronaldo without even breaking a sweat is great to see. I'm all in.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Ronaldo fan club furiously trying to defend this in 3..2..1

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I assume he must be. Incredibly risky move otherwise. Even though Ronaldo is a busted flush.
I suspect and would agree on the idea that Martial is irrelevant in this decision. ETH is big on discipline and team spirit, Ronaldo and a few other players left the stadium earlier this season and it was seemingly not allowed, then yesterday he left the bench and allegedly refused to enter the game. Most serious managers would jettison him even if they had to play with 10 players.

Anustart89

Hi Cristiano, I hope you are well. Thanks for the seasono we spent together. Good luck for the next year but you are not in my plan

sparx99

Such a shame Ronaldo couldn’t just make it to the World Cup and then bugger off in January. He just can’t accept he’s aging.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
I think we’ll all need to separate young Ronaldo from old Ronaldo in our minds. He was always a bit of a dick but he was ours. Even last season the nostalgia and joy of seeing him back and scoring was great. I’m f he’d left in the summer it wouldn’t have been a bad send off. Sadly, it’s not to be.
Nah, young Ronaldo compared being here winning league titles to being a slave. He owed us over the way he left but he has never once acted that way. feck him.

MrBest

About time the club backed the manager, Ronaldo needs to be let go in January but it will mean the club will need to back the manager again in January and get in a striker.
If we got rid, we would probably save 7m in wages that we could use. I hear Marcus Thurum is a free agent next summer, we could test that with 10m to 15m bid in Jan but then again, I've no idea if he would fit into ETH system. We need the right players not any player.

Tee27

I for one think this is disrespectful and frankly disgraceful from Ten Hag. As if Ronaldo, one of the best players ever to play the game, hasn't earned the right to simply decide when he plays. As manager of Manchester United, Ten Hag needs to learn his place in the dressing room.

(This is sarcasm in case anyone is daft enough to think otherwise)
I know it’s sarcasm but I genuinely think some peoples responses would be like this thanks to this new culture of supporting players for whatever odd reason.

Regardless of his standing at the club and in the game No one should be bigger than the club. To refuse to come on as a sub is a absolute disgrace although his narcissistic self won’t ever take accountability and see he was in the wrong.

Its a shame really, with what he achieved with us and even the feeling it gave when he came back that it ends like this. He refuses to see that he is no longer the same player he once was.

Tee27

I know it’s sarcasm but I genuinely think some peoples responses would be like this thanks to this new culture of supporting players over clubs for whatever odd reason.

Regardless of his standing at the club and in the game No one should be bigger than the club. To refuse to come on as a sub is a absolute disgrace although his narcissistic self won’t ever take accountability and see he was in the wrong.

Its a shame really, with what he achieved with us and even the feeling it gave when he came back that it ends like this. He refuses to see that he is no longer the same player he once was.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
What a fecking travesty to be throwing a tantrum during one of the club’s best evenings in a decade, while some of his best mates like Varane and Casemiro were having the best evenings of their United careers. It’s not enough that we win but winning has to happen in glory to him because he’s God’s gift to humankind.

stu_1992

Wow if he truly did refused to come on then it's even more scandalous. Not sure why he would do that, but this whole thing is just ridiculous now.

sparx99

Nah, young Ronaldo compared being here winning league titles to being a slave. He owed us over the way he left but he has never once acted that way. feck him.
The difference was his performances back then allowed him to get away with that. He was so good. His personality has never been great. He didn’t really celebrate the CL win cos he missed his penalty but there guy won the ballon d’or playing for us and it was magical.

DevilRed

Mendes needs to do his fecking job and find his client a club this January.

I'm sure we will let him go for literally nothing. Its not us who are holding up the move.

clarkydaz

What a fecking travesty to be throwing a tantrum during one of the club’s best evenings in a decade, while some of his best mates like Varane and Casemiro were having the best evenings of their United careers. It’s not enough that we win but winning has to happen in glory to him because he’s God’s gift to humankind.
3 days earlier the club presented him with an award for his 700 goals. Then he does that

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
All he is bothered about is his legacy, his goalscoring record. That is why I was glad Benzema got his award, all those years he did all the donkey work for Ronaldo.

HookedOnAPhelan

Wow if he truly did refused to come on then it's even more scandalous. Not sure why he would do that, but this whole thing is just ridiculous now.
He was probably asked to come on in the final minutes and considered it an insult. If he'd been asked to come on in the 70th minute, say, I doubt he'd refuse.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
If we got rid, we would probably save 7m in wages that we could use. I hear Marcus Thurum is a free agent next summer, we could test that with 10m to 15m bid in Jan but then again, I've no idea if he would fit into ETH system. We need the right players not any player.
In good form he fits almost any manager as long as you don't expect a poacher. He is industrious and plays for the team, his technique is a bit lacking though.

gza the genius

One time my college coach tried to sub me in in the 89th minute and I proceeded to pretend to be trying to tie my shoes until he eventually just yelled nevermind. I'm basically exactly like Ronaldo.

GregM40

Gotta love Ten Hag. This is how a proper manager reacts. If only he was about for the crap Pogba used to pull. I’d say Ronaldo can rot in the reserves now but i’d hate for him to take minutes from the youngsters.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
I hope ETH went all in and told the board to back him by buying a forward in Jan. Good on the manager.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
I assume he must be. Incredibly risky move otherwise. Even though Ronaldo is a busted flush.
Even if Martial is fit its not something you can use as a basis for anything. I think the flex might be more beneficial to the squad than a petulant peripheral player rowing in the opposite direction.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
ETH had to take this action and serves him right (CR7).

joedirt87

What the feck is he thinking a few weeks away from the world Cup? Surely any game time is better than none.

Or maybe this is what he wants.
He started the last 2 Portugal games and Jota is out of the tournament so it's basically him or Felix and do you really see Santos as the type of guy who would drop Ronaldo. Plus it's international football and Ronaldo will actually give full effort at the WC. I think his spot is safe short of the entire national team squad turning on him.

sparx99

I'm sure we will let him go for literally nothing. Its not us who are holding up the move.
He could move to some countries right away couldn’t he? There are always places like MLS, Saudi etc who have different windows.

pauldyson1uk

Official from United

Cristiano Ronaldo will not be part of the Manchester United squad for this Saturday’s Premier League game against Chelsea.

The rest of the squad is fully focused on preparing for that fixture.

LARulz

It shocks me that Mendes would out him like that in the summer with nobody properly lined up/it all set in stone. But even he must be fuming at Ronaldo being petulant yesterday cos no way Mendes wants him to do that - now he looks even more like a liability to future clubs as it's clear he won't accept not being star man

Greck

Not even the first. He also did it in preseason. Should have nipped this kind of indiscipline in the bud.

Cloud7

There was a post recently that showed a bunch of Madrid players, as well as Casemiro, posting pictures with Benzema to congratulate him after winning the Balon Dor, while Ronaldo posted a photo of himself. There’s endless evidence as to the sort of person he is.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
The difference was his performances back then allowed him to get away with that. He was so good. His personality has never been great. He didn’t really celebrate the CL win cos he missed his penalty but there guy won the ballon d’or playing for us and it was magical.
Ah yeah in the moment you could shrug it off when he played, but his exit was cnutish and showed how he felt about the club..

Cloud7

One time my college coach tried to sub me in in the 89th minute and I proceeded to pretend to be trying to tie my shoes until he eventually just yelled nevermind. I'm basically exactly like Ronaldo.
I hope you got banished as well

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Hopefully that’s it now. Undermined ten Hag since the summer.

the exact characters we need rid of. He is a winner but he also doesn’t respect us or accept he isn’t of the same ability he once was, we can’t always try to accommodate him, he needs to respect us as a club before he is respected. 2 way street.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Very disappointing to see him acting this way, puts a stain on what he has achieved at United.
I believe his only salvation is to apologize to Ten Hag and the rest of the squad, and then put out a statement to that effect, and admitting his mistake in behaving in that matter.
Not sure it would do any good mind, I think the die is cast.

Status
Not open for further replies.