Ronaldo | Refused to come on as sub, left OT | Axed from squad for Chelsea & fined 2 weeks wages

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morpheus 7

I've been fair with Ronaldo, some have been kicking him when there was nothing there. Tonight was a disgrace, unprofessional and close to refusing to play. The lack of respect is shocking, even if he was Haaland form I would be disgusted. He's been bang average at best, that's being kind. Time for everyone to part ways, need to do this a team. No selfish individuals welcome.

Kopral Jono

If we still had Ole:

“Well Ronnie is Ronnie. You don’t get to be the worlds best player being on the bench. He just needs an arm around him and I’ll make sure he starts against Chelsea being flanked by Rashy and Jadey.”
I could picture this clearly in my head, complete with that stupid smile our former managerial genius likes to wear.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
The majority of people clearly forgot or never paid attention to what he's about.

I remember him being pissed off with Sir Alex after being subbed in the year we won the league.

My point is that this is not surprising and only fools are so late to smelling the coffee. If he was such a problem, he should have gone in the summer but the club wanted its £10m
The difference is that when he sulked under Fergie he at least had the performances to back it up.

darko1963

Mostly my opinion but I have to say the bandwagoning on here with people falling over each other to 'chase away' a club legend who is known as a bit of a prick professionally is quite embarrassing.

Schoolground behaviour
He disrespected club many times and it is unfortunate that so many United fans are consider him a club legend.

Rolaholic

Disrespectful and childish but it's not the first time this season...

The fact that it was during a dominant victory over a top 4 rival at home says it all really.

His ego can't handle it and it must be more damning that we've gotten our biggest victories this season without him playing any part

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
The difference is that when he sulked under Fergie he at least had the performances to back it up.
Well, yes but his legs are bound to go before his ego (that'll stay for life)

redcucumber

If Martial wasn’t made of glass we could have fecked him off tbh. He’s only at the club because we are short of options
He's still at the club cos no one else wanted the mardy little bell wiff. We got stuck with him

Herman Toothrot

If we still had Ole:

“Well Ronnie is Ronnie. You don’t get to be the worlds best player being on the bench. He just needs an arm around him and I’ll make sure he starts against Chelsea being flanked by Rashy and Jadey.”
That's a genuine laugh out loud.

That is brilliant.

My sides are fecking done.

Laugh out loud indeed

Marvelous.

Brilliant.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Poochie can feck off.

Doesn't need to die on the way back to his home planet though really, fecking off is enough.

Flying_Heckfish

He's done.

I was for re-signing him last season, we had finished second and having him as an option seemed like a dream - he could paly a role for us where we needed that clinical player. Early signs were good, especially in the CL. Ole didn't, wouldn't, or couldn't manage his minutes though, and as a team we ended up in a situation no-one expected overall. We don't really know if ETH wanted to keep him this season, but we kinda had to keep him as we couldn't afford a striker in this market. As professional as he is about his own training it's clear now he can't accept his status in 2022, nor really can he be a team player.

ETH has the ammo he needs if he wants rid of him. He can make an example of him, the fans will be onside, and if the squad have anything about them, they won't mind either.

Sad it came to this, but it is what it is.

Chairman Steve

As I’ve said in the post-match thread, this is not new news here so any major stories about this being out of nowhere and a massive deal is stupid.

The guy who wanted out in the summer is unhappy under a manager who clearly doesn’t want to use him as seen from said manager’s team selections so far.

Guy walks down tunnel in huff weeks later. HOLY SHIT UNITED IN TURMOIL.

Chief123

100% a calculated move.

He more than likely planned this eventually out in his head before the game began.
I think he was probably eyeing it up when we were bringing the subs on. What’s so disrespectful is the fact we had only made 3 subs. He may still have been needed if we had an injury. He really didn’t give a shit.

redcucumber

All he has to do was be quiet and he starts v Chelsea. It’s a quick turnaround and Rashford may not have the legs for it
Massively doubt that. He could have shined ten Hag's shoes all night tonight and he still would have been on the bench against Chelsea in my opinion.

BorisManUtd

Unless there's some good explanation for that, it's such a childish behaviour. Your teammates are winning in important game, no reason for it. Could be a real problem and we might see Cristiano leaving as early as January. I'm worried because until then, with Martial always injured, we'll be without other options for that ST position.

Aretak

Can't wait to see the back of him to be honest. He's been a distraction all season and the team is simply better without him in it.

RoyH1

Legend, but he has to go. Toxic for what ETH is trying to build here

M15 Red.

Ronaldo could eat every shroom in Carrington and it still wouldn't be enough to dissolve his ego.

Pjisared

Total disrespect of club and team mates.
Five minutes to go, Rashord gets injured and the managers looking around for his replacement centre forward.
:mad:

Robin Your Persie

Utds best performance of the season and he’s probably thought how can I make it all about me.

Cancel his contract and be rid of him.

glasgow 21

Facts are whether he is play for £20 a week or £500,000 a week he has to remain a team player. Unfortunately even with support from his team mates and fans being apparent he is not a team player and is in it for himself, shame at his age. This could have been the send off into retirement he deserves contributing the upturn of form on Ten hag's arrival with some very good players but its going to end in a self-made soap opera.

RedDevilQuebecois

Unless there's some good explanation for that, it's such a childish behaviour. Your teammates are winning in important game, no reason for it. Could be a real problem and we might see Cristiano leaving as early as January. I'm worried because until then, with Martial always injured, we'll be without other options for that ST position.
That's also my assessment. It's a major shame that it has boiled down to this, but ETH just cannot tolerate any of this.

We have to splash money in January and find that striker. Be it Cody Gapko or anybody else, we need fresh blood in the striker's position because Martial is always injured, Rashford keeps on firing blanks when he has to score, and now this from Ronaldo.

redom

I think this team will really flourish once the shadow of Ronaldo is lifted from it, hopefully everything remains professional and amicable until a solution can be found, last thing we want is a messy break up and focus taken off what the rest of these players are working towards.

Zippycup

The sooner he goes the better. The fact that ten Hag said he didn’t give him permission to leave the game means that ten Hag has a massive decision to make. Allow him to do that unpunished and he will lose the dressing room.

Ronaldo was fuming that he didn’t get on, he’s fuming that we played our best game in years and it wasn’t about him. He tried his best to make it ALL about him.

Status
Not open for further replies.