Rugby 2017 Discussion

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Kurtley Beale bale to hit back straight away with a try after the Boks couldn't win their own kick off. 10-10 on the cups of half an hour.

freeurmind

weak willed
Just getting home now from work, 13-10 is not bad. Are NZ playing badly on purpose to make the games interesting? They have been less than impressive so far this year.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Great try from a maul by the Wallabies scored by Palota Nau, Australia 20-10

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
20-20 with 20 minutes to play. Another close game in Perth between these is on the cards it seems.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Wallabies have got out of jail twice now when a try was. First Serfontein, now Jaco Kriel, be careful Wallabies.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
That scrum was painful to look at with Wallaby supporting eyes, Boks shoved Australia off their own ball, won a penalty in front and now lead 23-20 with a bit over 10 to play.

freeurmind

weak willed
Boks should have won that. Just needed some composure near the opposition line. Draw away is not a bad result but it could have been so much better. We really need a better back up scrum half.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
All Blacks basically nailed on for the championship if they beat the Boks in Albany next Saturday. Mandela plate goes on the line in Bloemfontein in three weeks time in a winner takes all game. Another draw and AUS retain the plate i'd assume considering they currently hold it.

freeurmind

weak willed
Boks need better backline replacements. Also the tactical kicking was poor and will get murdered by NZ if they try the same next week. Really great that we have competitive games this year. Everyone at work was talking about today's game and in a rush to go watch it.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona

A deadset beast when he first came on the international scene, made Richie McCaw look human in 2009 and one of few players to have a winning record vs the All Blacks with four wins from five matches against New Zealand. Probably not the player he was back in 2009 but Northampton will hope he's still got it.

freeurmind

weak willed

A deadset beast when he first came on the international scene, made Richie McCaw look human in 2009 and one of few players to have a winning record vs the All Blacks with four wins from five matches against New Zealand. Probably not the player he was back in 2009 but Northampton will hope he's still got it.
Really underappreciated player. I was an undersized flanker in schools rugby so I've always felt a kinship with him (stupid, I know). He was so good before the injuries took their toll, honestly I think better than Schalk, sad he didn't have more of a career internationally.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"

The beer fetcher

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
New Zealand team to play South Africa: I think the All Blacks will win by 10-15

15-Damian McKenzie, 14-Nehe Milner-Skudder, 13-Ryan Crotty, 12-Sonny Bill Williams, 11-Rieko Ioane, 10-Beauden Barrett, 9-Aaron Smith, 8-Kieran Read (captain), 7-Sam Cane, 6-Liam Squire, 5-Sam Whitelock, 4-Brodie Retallick 3-Nepo Laulala, 2-Dane Coles, 1-Kane Hames.

Replacements: 16-Codie Taylor, 17-Wyatt Crockett, 18-Ofa Tu'ungafasi, 19-Scott Barrett, 20-Ardie Savea, 21-TJ Perenara, 22-Lima Sopoaga, 23-Anton Lienert-Brown.

South Africa team to play New Zealand :

15-Andries Coetzee, 14-Raymond Rhule, 13-Jesse Kriel, 12-Jan Serfontein, 11-Courtnall Skosan, 10-Elton Jantjies, 9-Francois Hougaard, 8-Uzair Cassiem, 7-Jean-Luc du Preez, 6-Siya Kolisi, 5-Franco Mostert, 4-Eben Etzebeth (captain), 3-Ruan Dreyer, 2-Malcolm Marx, 1-Tendai Mtawarira.

Replacements: 16-Bongi Mbonambi, 17-Steven Kitshoff, 18-Trevor Nyakane, 19-Lood de Jager, 20-Pieter-Steph du Toit , 21-Rudy Paige, 22-Handre Pollard, 23-Damian de Allende.

Last edited:

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
I don't feel so bad about Australia's performance vs NZ in Sydney. The local broadcaster gave it the big build up in the pre game, the match itself was a damp squib. Whatever deficiencies a team has, they end up being exposed by the All Blacks.

freeurmind

weak willed
Just getting home from work, gutted to see the result. Hopefully the boys will put up a better performance at home.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Australia 45 Argentina 20. First Rugby Championship win for the year, outscoring the Pumas 35-7 in the 2nd half. Win in Bloemfontein in two weeks and Australia might win the battle for 2nd which is what this tournament has become, just like last year.

freeurmind

weak willed
Australia 45 Argentina 20. First Rugby Championship win for the year, outscoring the Pumas 35-7 in the 2nd half. Win in Bloemfontein in two weeks and Australia might win the battle for 2nd which is what this tournament has become, just like last year.
Yes it has but NZ haven't been as dominant as we are used to. They were in trouble in their last 2 games and I know what today's scoreline was but watching the replay SA really were their own worst enemy in the first half, should have been a much closer game.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
It's on TG4 after all, I thought it wasn't. Crowd looks like an underage game, or a Blackburn game :D
That's not a surprise tbh. The Kings, like most teams in Super Rugby didn't draw great crowds. If they start winning games, the crowds will hopefully come because they were a decent team to watch in Super Rugby this year.