Rugby 2020 discussion

arnie_ni

How do you miss that high tackle ffs. Thats awful from the TV ref

arnie_ni

Detest the reffing at the breakdown. How was he holding his own body weight there?

Thats rarely given

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
He's awful. Can't believe they didn't pick cooney
You'd have to feel for Cooney and Marmion. One has been the best 9 in the country for an extended period of time, the other has never let Ireland down when called on. JGP was really poor even allowing for the performances of those around him.

arnie_ni

You'd have to feel for Cooney and Marmion. One has been the best 9 in the country for an extended period of time, the other has never let Ireland down when called on. JGP was really poor even allowing for the performances of those around him.
Yea he was standout poor.

Itoje is so good, best player in the world ATM?

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Curry and Underhill are machines. So exciting to see how they develop in the future given their age.
Yeah, Willis and Earl fighting for those back row spots as well. Plus Simmons who can’t get in the team at all

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Absolutely perfect kick. Had to be something special for Ireland to cross the whitewash today

arnie_ni

*I'm just still extremely hurt for Marmion not getting to go to the RWC :D
I'm probably a bit biased with cooney playing for ulster but he's the best 9 in the country atm.

Ireland just pealed to early for that world Cup. If it was a year or 2 earlier we had a genuine chance the way Murray and sexton were playing from 2016 through 18 or so

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
I'm probably a bit biased with cooney playing for ulster but he's the best 9 in the country atm.

Ireland just pealed to early for that world Cup. If it was a year or 2 earlier we had a genuine chance the way Murray and sexton were playing from 2016 through 18 or so
Yeah, but equally you could say other nations timed it right and we didn't. We targeted them during those rebuilding years when they were, eh, rebuilding.

kidbob

Not as bad as I expected on the scoreboard considering how good England are. We really need to sort out our bloody line out because it is killing us. With a functioning line out we could have come very close to winning the game. England's defense is exceptional.

RORY65

The gulf in quality is as big as it has been for almost 20 years, at best 2 Irish players get in that England team. 3 times in the last 2 years we've been battered by England but somehow lost by 11 or 12 points (the fourth fixture we actually got trounced in terms of the scoreline too).

diarm

Biggest 11 point hiding I've ever seen. We were beasted everywhere and only England took their foot off the gas in an attacking sense after half time, that could've been ugly.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Biggest 11 point hiding I've ever seen. We were beasted everywhere and only England took their foot off the gas in an attacking sense after half time, that could've been ugly.
We were actually quite poor in an attacking sense. Without Tuilagi’s crashball as a first phase we don’t seem to know what to do with our backline. Fortunately our pack is so good it doesn’t really matter against a team at the level of this current Ireland side

diarm

We were actually quite poor in an attacking sense. Without Tuilagi’s crashball as a first phase we don’t seem to know what to do with our backline. Fortunately our pack is so good it doesn’t really matter against a team at the level of this current Ireland side
Maybe I should have said "only Jonny May put his feet up after half time"!

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Maybe I should have said "only Jonny May put his feet up after half time"!
I think after half time we were content to let you have the ball, knowing you couldn’t get through us. Tbh, I’d have liked us to keep the ball in hand a bit more

Withnail

They never put their foot on the gas in attack.

A shame there is no World Cup in the next year because we are so good (Ireland were of course poor)......to win the Autumn Nations Cup will be nice too :)

England are a good team and streets ahead of Ireland at the moment but they weren't excellent yesterday.

They had 46% possession, 36% territory and made close to 250 tackles to Ireland's 60. You shouldn't be able to win test matches with stats like those.

England were better than Ireland but it wasn't a good performance.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
They never put their foot on the gas in attack.

England are a good team and streets ahead of Ireland at the moment but they weren't excellent yesterday.

They had 46% possession, 36% territory and made close to 250 tackles to Ireland's 60. You shouldn't be able to win test matches with stats like those.

England were better than Ireland but it wasn't a good performance.
I’d like us to play with a bit more creativity behind the scrum. These internationals would have been a great opportunity to blood Simmons at 10. And Willis in the back row for that matter. We know our forwards are brutal, that’s hardly a point that needed proving, it’s the backline that could do with a bit more focus

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
New Zealand 10 Argentina 0 at half time in Newcastle and Los Pumas will be delighted it's only 10-0. The Kiwis have played much better than in their last two tests. AB's scrum has been a source of dominance so far.

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
I've actually remembered to check if there's rugby on this morning :D

ABs utterly dominant but not far ahead on the scoreboard. Argentina impressive defence but the tackle count is five or six times the NZ count, they'll be shattered by the end of the match.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
I've actually remembered to check if there's rugby on this morning :D

ABs utterly dominant but not far ahead on the scoreboard. Argentina impressive defence but the tackle count is five or six times the NZ count, they'll be shattered by the end of the match.
As of the 45 minute mark, Argentina had made 108 tackles, New Zealand 27. That's going to prove crucial one feels.